BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean video

Can see Kean crying to Desai, claiming that he's been tricked by the evil Rovers fans: "Not many managers would even take the time to socialize with the fans like I do - *sob* - "effin' crook" is just a Scottish slang term for bloke - *sob* - the nasty fans have taken advantage of me", and so on and so forth. He'll probably get a new contract as well, due to Desai feeling sorry for her little Stevie.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hope the reason that first the letter, now this and whatever else emerges in the summer is only just appearing now isn't because prospective proprietors (or people connected to them) have been sitting on them with a view to relegation maximising their effectiveness. Canny though that may be, it's a terrible disservice to the fans.

Maximising their effectiveness would be to have released the material during the season when there was still a chance we could avoid relegation. The timing of this makes no sense at all and should Kean lose his job as a result of it fans have a right to be miffed. .

How many Rovers fans are there in Hong Kong ? Someone must know who took this video.

You're asking why the source of this video didn't release it until now?

In your desire to try and identify him, you have somewhat answered your own question.

Regardless of timing, I'd say this guy has stuck his neck on the line in posting that video.

The delay in release obviously demonstrates his reluctance in being identified so people should respect that.

This is a comment from a fan following the Mail's story. Question------"how could he be so thick?" I truly despair.

I'm a Rovers fan and its the type of conversation you would have with your mates down the pub. What he said about Phil Jones was spot on (being better than JT), premierleague/cup predictions bit off mind (definitely too many whiskeys) but you cant slag off your predecessor like that.

- senorbarry, Manchester, 15/5/2012 10:25

Click to rate Rating (0)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2144585/Blackburn-boss-Steve-Kean-left-red-faced-video-rant.html#ixzz1uvpj4pmA

You're asking why the source of this video didn't release it until now?

In your desire to try and identify him, you have somewhat answered your own question.

Regardless of timing, I'd say this guy has stuck his neck on the line in posting that video.

The delay in release obviously demonstrates his reluctance in being identified so people should respect that.

I absolutely appreciate this view an I have thought long and hard about this post.

My thoughts are that it sounds like a number of Rovers fans, some of whom frequent this board, knew about this video many months ago, and possibly had the opportunity to anonymously circulate the story and to allow someone such as Nick Harris to take responsibility for it.

It really may have been that important to our chances of staying in the Premier League. I think that is why a number of posters have praised the courage of the release whilst questioning whether there was no possible way of releasing it to the media anonymously.

It is a difficult one when true Rovers fans have been ripping each other apart in frustration all season on this messageboard, and we really don't want to return to that.

Apologies, but even the release of parts of the transcript would have been useful in our fight to obliterate all things Kean (except Jake) from our club.

The video shows the man to be a numpty, which we already knew, But I dont see it being that dammning now at this time to be honest, this will no doubt blow over soon and Kean will still be here.

The people who had the video should have released this a long long, long time ago, I actually put them also at blame for the death of our club, that had a tool to stop it and the selfishly didnt use it until it was too late.

The video shows the man to be a numpty, which we already knew, But I dont see it being that dammning now at this time to be honest, this will no doubt blow over soon and Kean will still be here.

The people who had the video should have released this a long long, long time ago, I actually put them also at blame for the death of our club, that had a tool to stop it and the selfishly didnt use it until it was too late.

Nobody knows what effect the earlier release of the vid could have had so I think we should avoid using such inflamatory language, but I think it would have had some impact in our fight to reveal Kean's true personality and ability.

I absolutely appreciate this view an I have thought long and hard about this post.

My thoughts are that it sounds like a number of Rovers fans, some of whom frequent this board, knew about this video many months ago, and possibly had the opportunity to anonymously circulate the story and to allow someone such as Nick Harris to take responsibility for it.

It really may have been that important to our chances of staying in the Premier League. I think that is why a number of posters have praised the courage of the release whilst questioning whether there was no possible way of releasing it to the media anonymously.

It is a difficult one when true Rovers fans have been ripping each other apart in frustration all season on this messageboard, and we really don't want to return to that.

Apologies, but even the release of parts of the transcript would have been useful in our fight to obliterate all things Kean (except Jake) from our club.

I think there's no doubt that releasing the video may have helped our chances of surviving.

My main point was that I don't think that it's right, now that the video has been released, to try and identify the person responsible for it.

Does it even matter who took the video? (Although I'm sure many fans would like to buy that person a drink or two).

I, myself, have no idea of the repercussions, if there even are any, of filming and posting such a video without the consent of that person.

It's easy for people to say that they would have released it earlier, but I think in the same situation many would have acted with the same level of caution.

At the very least, I'd say Kean's rant effectively puts Sam in the clear to say whatever he wants about Venky's dimissal of him with total impunity. Kean is currently Venky's senior employee at Rovers and therefore presumably has broken the Venky's side of the gagging order Sam signed.

Presumably Sam pleads no distraction from preparation for the play-off final as the reason for saying nothing.

I really hope that this was a joke however I fear it wasn't.

Nobody knows what effect the earlier release of the vid could have had so I think we should avoid using such inflamatory language, but I think it would have had some impact in our fight to reveal Kean's true personality and ability.

I didnt think I used and 'inflamatory' language in my post, Im just incredibly frustrated with the timing of this. I know the same could be said about the leak letter, but I understand that had to be 'verified' first.

But with a video filmed of Kean lying and slating sam in a dingy Hong Kong bar back LAST SUMMER, could have been passed around and thrown onto youtube without any bother.

Having watched the video my thoughts are that although it shows Kean to be a self-publicist, potty mouthed and making inappropriate comments about his predecessor in a bar I doubt if it will be seen as anything more than that. The first two comments apply to most managers in football and the latter isn't enough that Sam will do anything other than laugh at Kean.

Releasing it at this time allows it to be portrayed as an attempt to discredit Kean for motives other than generous ones.

I want to see a new manager at Rovers but this is being inflated into something less damning than many on this board think, hence the mild reaction from the press.

Sorry, it doesn't do enough to get him dismissed.

It's easy for people to say that they would have released it earlier, but I think in the same situation many would have acted with the same level of caution.

The easy option is not to release it all but to sit on it all season and then release it now is frustrating and in view of what we have had to suffer this season has not helped the club or the fans.

This is all assuming of course that it leads to Kean's departure.

Presumably Sam pleads no distraction from preparation for the play-off final as the reason for saying nothing.

I can understand him saying nothing until the weekend but he has been labelled a "crook" by a fellow manager in a public forum and I don't see how he can ignore it. Hopefully he will have instructed his lawyers to look into it today.

Archived