BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean video

Fairly sure had it been released then, the media would have been more inclined to turn on the Rovers fans once more...

And lets be honest...is it REALLY that damning?

The Allardyce quote is slanderous and actionable I would say. Whether Sam does take legal action is questionable.

The rest is just the delusions and lies of a fool but we all knew that anyway.

Interesting that the camera is off Kean when he is making the Alladyce quote. His defence will probably say it was someone else.

I can understand why someone would not want to put thmselves in a position where they felt responsible for further destabalising the club in the middle of the season.

I don't understand when it has been obvious since the start of the season we were going down with this manager that someone should sit on this video for 9 months.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly sure had it been released then, the media would have been more inclined to turn on the Rovers fans once more...

And lets be honest...is it REALLY that damning?

What feckin world do you live in !

Destroys his credibility in one - integrity, dignity, hmmmm

And wait until Sam has finished with him legally. He'll be lucky if he has a penny to his name !

I've come into work showing everyone i can and the amount of people saying that it DOESN'T show him in a bad light is astounding. Some press giving him credit for Phil Jones etc. Unbelievable. Get your facts right you useless feckers.

Kean in bold quotes, fans in italics.

"Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, all bid for him."

We can't not let him go though, can you? he's too big for us!

[unaudiable]

"I'll go back. When I came in, he was playing in the academy. So I went down to one of the academy games. I said, 'who's that lad there?' I said to the academy coach.

He said 'Phil Jones.'

And I went, 'what do you think to him?'

And they said 'oh, we're not sure we're gonna keep him on.'

I went, 'are you fudgin' joking?'

And he went 'what, do you think he's good?'

And I went 'send him up to see me at the training centre fudgin' tomorrow. Good? He's... he's... he's... he's as good as John Terry. He runs the... get him up to... if you don't like him, no problem. I fudgin' like him. Send him up to traini... to see me at training centre tomorrow.'

So I said to Sam, I said 'Sam, I've got a player here for you.'

He went, 'what is he like?'

I went 'he's better than John Terry at his age.'

And he went 'fudge off!' That's what Sam said.

And I went, I went...

What's your relationship like now with Sam like...

"I haven't spoke to him. He mullered me, so fudge him. No, I was good... I worked my balls off for him. And then, and then he had a go at me, fudge him."

So why did Sam get the sack then? (Lads give their opinions)

"Just because he's a fudgin' crook. That's the only reason.

So, listen. So I said to him, 'I've got a player here for you.' And he went 'fudge off.' And I went 'listen, he's brilliant.'

Anyway, Jonesy came up, you know, and, I tried to get that young group, because they weren't in the first team, so I had to get Olsson and Hoilett and Jones... and, and, and Hanley, so I worked with them and... I, I, I done double sessions with them everyday, and Jonesy was a marvelous p... a genius better. And Martin Olsson was brilliant, and Jason Lowe... and Jason Lowe is f*ckin'... but Jason Lowe's a player. We'll finish top half. And we'll win the Carling Cup."

Seriously?

"Yeah, definitely."

I bet you twenty quid...

"I bet you a hundred quid. I'll give you a hundred quid. Yeah. I totally respect you guys, and what I wanna do is when we go back, right, I'll say to Paul, Paul Agnew, the press officer and say to them 'let's get a fans forum..."

After tomorrow's game?

"Yeah! I'll walk over, and get all the guys to throw their shirts over to you's, definitely."

What about the people that are saying 'sh*t, we're going down the pan, we're not signing anyone.'

"All I'll say is judge us at the end of the window. Judge us at the end of the window."

And when you come right over and come and see us in the Blackburn End, that's all I want.

"I will! I promise you. I'll walk right over, and we'll get things in to the crowd for you. Promise you."

We've paid a lot of money to come over here.

"I totally respect that. It's top drawer."

We're hardcore fans.

Ends.

From the dialogue it seems that it was the night before a game. Aside from his nasty and spiteful comments how unprofessional for him to be drunk the night before. For me it is just endemic of all the ill discipline we have seen this season from lots of players and staff at Ewood. If that is his norm how could anybody respect him.

I don't understand when it has been obvious since the start of the season we were going down with this manager that someone should sit on this video for 9 months.

You thought that Jim, and you turned out to be right, but at the start of the season many many people - I would personally say easily the majority - were not convinced that we were going down. Personally if I'd taken the video I would have put it out after the Bolton game in December, but the person who took the video has the right to put t out whenever he chooses.

The best time was last summer. What's the point of releasing it now when the damage has been done ?

From what I've been told, the guy who had it in his possession was afraid of the legal implications and implications on him personally. However since relegation his friends have been getting onto him. If I remember correctly he said he'd allow the video out into the open if someone else posted it anonymously, and it looks like they found someone.

So as far as I know if it was up to the guy who filmed it, he wouldn't have released it at all as he didn't want the aggro. Personally I'd buy him a drink.

You thought that Jim, and you turned out to be right, but at the start of the season many many people - I would personally say easily the majority - were not convinced that we were going down. Personally if I'd taken the video I would have put it out after the Bolton game in December, but the person who took the video has the right to put t out whenever he chooses.

Of course but from the club and the supporters' point of view it is far too late.

Having said all this he'll probably shrug it off and still be here next season.

From what I've been told, the guy who had it in his possession was afraid of the legal implications and implications on him personally. However since relegation his friends have been getting onto him. If I remember correctly he said he'd allow the video out into the open if someone else posted it anonymously, and it looks like they found someone.

So as far as I know if it was up to the guy who filmed it, he wouldn't have released it at all as he didn't want the aggro. Personally I'd buy him a drink.

If it gets rid of Kean I think everyone would buy him a drink.

The lad was being far too cautious though - publish and be damned I say.

• Backroom

How many Rovers fans are there in Hong Kong ? Someone must know who took this video.

The guy himself has released it and obviously doesn't want to be known so why does it matter?

Of course but from the club and the supporters' point of view it is far too late.

Having said all this he'll probably shrug it off and still be here next season.

If it gets rid of Kean I think everyone would buy him a drink.

The lad was being far too cautious though - publish and be damned I say.

You have a point Jim, but it's out now, let's hope they sack the lying toad, but don't hold your breath.

Excellent:

https://twitter.com/#!/sportingintel/status/202322309359480832/photo/1

Seen more entertainment on Twitter in last 12 hours than I have all season at Ewood. Another good one:

Robin Hume‏@RobinBoomBoom

I said to Jacko, Just shuffle backwards with your feet, like this, and he said Wow Steve, its like walking on the moon! #SteveKeanLies

I've got my hopes up that he'll finally get the boot because of this but, even if he does get sacked, it won't have been for footballing reasons for the most part. It won't stop me worrying about the set up we have at Rovers.

This.

If it sees the back of Kean - great! But the fact remains that he has not been sacked for footballing reasons and it has taken something like this to do it. Which I doubt will happen in the first place.

Long time trawler, first time poster. I live in Hong Kong and have followed Rovers my entire life. Hate what's happening to the Club. Anyway, the video was taken by a Rovers fan from Blackburn. It was in-between the Villa and Kichee matches in July 2011 and filmed at Delaney's Bar in Wanchai. Kean was bigging it up for the fans who recognized him. He wasn't drunk, but he was showing off. How he can claim to discover Phil Jones is quite beyond me as it's so easy to check.

I had the misfortune to meet him at the EPL official reception a couple of days later - he was there with Martin Olsson and Junior Hoilett (quiet but nice lads). Kean is one of those guys who after you shake his hand, you feel a bit grubby and in need of a shower.

If this had come out post the Cardiff "forfeit" comments, even he would have struggled to survive. I'd have been minded to deploy it after the Swansea game when the fans were taking a battering in the press and the real issues were being missed. Then again, that's me.

I do hope the reason that first the letter, now this and whatever else emerges in the summer is only just appearing now isn't because prospective proprietors (or people connected to them) have been sitting on them with a view to relegation maximising their effectiveness. Canny though that may be, it's a terrible disservice to the fans.

Awesome stuff.

Keans obviously a fig jam type person.

Come on Sam Allardyce get together with all the other sacked (or left by mutual consent employees) and screw Kean and the rest of the sycophants over.

Oh and message to Jim...revenge is a dish best served cold.

just tweeted Keys and Gray on talksport to tell them to do their research before jumping on the "Kean uncovered Jones" bandwagon which the previous hosts couldn't wait to tell everyone whilst trying to discredit the youtube clip.

Archived