BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean video

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Telegraph Sport Exclusive: #WHUFC manager Sam Allardyce has begun legal proceedings against #BRFC boss Steve Kean over claims made in YouTube video

Cont: Allardyce decision to sue follows Kean's criticism of him in video filmed in Hong Kong last summer, in conv with #BRFC fans

Just seen the Telegraph Sport tweet on this. Great news. Hope he actually takes him to court and doesn't settle. An awful lot could come out in the court room!!!

Kean has been seen and heard to call or rather infer that the owners of Rovers believe Sam Alladyce to be a CROOK. That's what he said.

This has to be a matter for the PL (Sam may be there next season) and most certainly for the LMA.

IMO we will hear S F A from either esteemed body.

The LMA will try and smooth things over without it going to court, much like the PFA do. It will depend then on how much Sam wnats to sue him. Kean will have no support whatsoever from his colleagues over this and that's not because they will side with Sam. He has broken an unwritten rule here and that, to many is unforgivable.

And so it begins:

Telegraph Sport ‏ @TelegraphSport

Exclusive: #WHUFC manager Sam Allardyce has begun legal proceedings against #BRFC boss Steve Kean over claims made in YouTube video. Allardyce decision to sue follows Kean's criticism of him in video filmed in Hong Kong last summer, in conv with #BRFC fans

Good news Matty. The more publicity the better. Let's see Kean's defence.

I know it's a law for companies with call centres... They have to legally state they are recording conversations, but maybe different rules for individuals? I would imagine there's definitely legal remit for something like this though. It's a privacy breach.

But given this was taken in a public bar, with Kean and (probably) the fans intoxicated then it probably would be easy to get the case dropped if Kean did take legal action. Even so, no one wants to get taken to court regardless.

For it to go anywhere it would need:-

1) Kean to want to take it to court with all the publicity, reputational damage and tiny compensation that could be won even if he had a case

2) Kean to know who made the video and to go after them

3) Kean be willing to try and fight a courtcase against a British citizen for an act comitted in Hong Kong and all the administrative problems that creates

4) Kean to be confident that he has a case under Hong Kong law

5) A Hong Kong lawyer to see the merit in and willing to take on the case

6) A Hong kong civil law court be willing to adjudicate the trial or willing for it to be tried in Britian (if that is a legal possibility)

On that basis my gut feel is the filmer has extremely little to worry about.... I mean the only offence that has been commited is maybe a breach in privacy. No contract or relationship between the parties, Kean spoke of his own volition. Kean's words against Allardyce are much more serious as they are bonded in a professional relationship through the LMA.

2) Kean to know who made the video and to go after them

That right there is reason enough that it won't go any further. I'd love to see Kean try and prove who recorded it, good luck with that.

Providing the recorder stays tight lipped, they pretty much have nothing to worry about.

"Its going to be an exciting summer"

Never a truer word spoken.

Big Sam's Blue and White Army.

I suspect there are other ex-employees out there with a grudge against Venkys/Kean. This could be the first of many exposes.

I was under the impression that you legally had to tell someone you will be recording them before doing so (at the beginning of the recording), over here at least. The person who released this is potentially taking on a huge amount of risk, although there's probably a loophole to get out of it if worst comes to worst. So huge respect and thanks to him for leaking this, no matter the timing.

He could argue that he made no secret of the fact he was filming and, by not objecting, Kean gave implicit consent. That's what I'd say anyway if you're reading this!

Re the above post Kean is asked why Sam was sacked and he replies "because he was an" effing" crook".

That sort of implies that's how the owners viewed it but its only his opinion.

And so it begins:

Telegraph Sport ‏ @TelegraphSport

Exclusive: #WHUFC manager Sam Allardyce has begun legal proceedings against #BRFC boss Steve Kean over claims made in YouTube video. Allardyce decision to sue follows Kean's criticism of him in video filmed in Hong Kong last summer, in conv with #BRFC fans

Haha, amazing.

The question Kean answered was why was Sam sacked.

Answer- because he's a crook

That implicates Mrs Desai.

Yes will be interesting to see the action sheet which is drawn up...

Will be interesting because Mrs D knew nothing about football, so who advised her on this?

Telegraph Sport Exclusive: #WHUFC manager Sam Allardyce has begun legal proceedings against #BRFC boss Steve Kean over claims made in YouTube video

Cont: Allardyce decision to sue follows Kean's criticism of him in video filmed in Hong Kong last summer, in conv with #BRFC fans

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Its going to be an exciting summer"

Never a truer word spoken.

Big Sam's Blue and White Army.

I suspect there are other ex-employees out there with a grudge against Venkys/Kean. This could be the first of many exposes.

I hope it'll be a bit like when a player gets ousted for being a love rat, once one lets the cat out of the bag it's case of no holds barred as they call come out of the closet.

We can only hope.

Yes will be interesting to see the action sheet which is drawn up...

Yes, that's where I got confused (also by the fact its evening in Bkk and like Coco I've had a beer or 2).

The owners sacked Sam because 'they' thought Sam to be a crook - but who are 'they'. WTF owns us?

We do not know yet whether that was the real reason for Sam's dismissal. However, it does seem that Kean has here implied that Desai was lying when she gave the reasons for the dismissal. Desai will not be pleased that Kean seems to have suggested this.

Yes, that's where I got confused (also by the fact its evening in Bkk and like Coco I've had a beer or 2).

The owners sacked Sam because 'they' thought Sam to be a crook - but who are 'they'. WTF owns us?

No, when asked why Sam was sacked, Kean says, because he was a frigging crook, not what was thought, but a statement of fact!

Just heard from a Spurs fan in London who was on the West Ham books as a kid, that Sam is to make a complaint to the LMA regarding Keans statement!

Interesting how all the main newspaper websites, Sky and MSN are all reporting on the Kean video, but on their website the BBC haven't yet, even in their sportsday live news feed thing. Just what are they scared of?

Archived