BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean video

He also stated he would put his house on it, in all honesty he has'nt tweeted for nearly a month now and he comes out with this, pretty strange, he's not the only one saying this either.

We obviously haven't met before. Hi, I'm Topman!

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just for fun coz it can't do any harm to stir the pot, sent this to the media dept at the League Manager's Association! do you think I|'ll get a reply??

Dear Ms McCann

Can I draw your attention to a statement released by yourselves and reproduced below

21 Dec 2011

LMA STATEMENT ISSUED REGARDING STEVE KEAN

The LMA has issued the following statement in relation to Blackburn Rovers and their manager, Steve Kean.

It is very sad to witness the continued demonstrations by Rovers fans towards their manager. Blackburn Rovers is one of the country's oldest clubs, it was a founding member of the Football League, and is rightly proud of its long-standing history and tradition. It has been and continues to be a central part of a close-knit Lancastrian community. However, owners of clubs such as Blackburn Rovers, rely on the support and relationships they build with their fans and their local community. As new owners, the Venky's should build relationships, develop trust with their fans and communicate their vision on a regular basis in an open and visible way.

During this period, Steve Kean, their appointed manager, has had to endure a significant injury list. When results continue to be bad on the field, fans who give up their hard-earned money to support their club have a right to voice their opinion. However, the aggression and abuse levelled at Steve over recent weeks has stepped well beyond the mark and is as unacceptable in football as it would be in any other profession. It is to Steve's significant credit that he has shouldered this continued onslaught with dignity and professionalism and has continued to work with his players to try and improve results on the pitch.

You will no doubt be aware of the events today and last evening surrounding the release of a video within which

Mr Kean appears to slander a fellow professional, LMA member and managerial colleague Mr Sam Allardyce and

further impugned the capabilities of a number of the other coaching staff.

Taking into account Mr Kean’s conduct on the video, it would appear that his actions are unbefitting

of persons with managerial responsibility, indicate professional misconduct and appear to bring the

LMA into disrepute by association. You have previously indicated that Mr Kean has acted with dignity

and professionalism, I would be interested to see your retraction of that support in the light of recent media

coverage and some indication that Mr Kean will face some form of sanction from your Association.

With best wishes

Supporter of Blackburn Rovers for 43 years

• Backroom

How the hell do you know that? He sounds exactly the same as he always does to me.

Perhaps he's always drunk and insane. Would make sense. Not a stranger to the odd tipple is our Keano.

How the hell do you know that? He sounds exactly the same as he always does to me.

I shouldve added IMO. Jesus, Den! :P

It's obvious that, in the video, Kean is more excitable, running his mouth off. He's more fluent, less hesitant than he usually is.

Do you think he's sober ?

Do you think he is sane ?

I shouldve added IMO. Jesus, Den! :P

It's obvious that, in the video, Kean is more excitable, running his mouth off. He's more fluent, less hesitant than he usually is.

Do you think he's sober ?

Do you think he is sane ?

Somebody's got to set 'em up ACOB. :lol:

Some action must have been done - maybe out of court. As nobody pursued it, no charges were ever laid against him nor could any be proved. He would have been stopped from being able to be a manager again. As that never happened, shows some form of action was taken and acted upon. Which satisfied all the various authorities.

He didn't take any action against them...at all. Doesn't mean he's guilty but doesn't look very good either.

just for fun coz it can't do any harm to stir the pot, sent this to the media dept at the League Manager's Association! do you think I|'ll get a reply??

Dear Ms McCann

Can I draw your attention to a statement released by yourselves and reproduced below

21 Dec 2011

LMA STATEMENT ISSUED REGARDING STEVE KEAN

The LMA has issued the following statement in relation to Blackburn Rovers and their manager, Steve Kean.

It is very sad to witness the continued demonstrations by Rovers fans towards their manager. Blackburn Rovers is one of the country's oldest clubs, it was a founding member of the Football League, and is rightly proud of its long-standing history and tradition. It has been and continues to be a central part of a close-knit Lancastrian community. However, owners of clubs such as Blackburn Rovers, rely on the support and relationships they build with their fans and their local community. As new owners, the Venky's should build relationships, develop trust with their fans and communicate their vision on a regular basis in an open and visible way.

During this period, Steve Kean, their appointed manager, has had to endure a significant injury list. When results continue to be bad on the field, fans who give up their hard-earned money to support their club have a right to voice their opinion. However, the aggression and abuse levelled at Steve over recent weeks has stepped well beyond the mark and is as unacceptable in football as it would be in any other profession. It is to Steve's significant credit that he has shouldered this continued onslaught with dignity and professionalism and has continued to work with his players to try and improve results on the pitch.

You will no doubt be aware of the events today and last evening surrounding the release of a video within which

Mr Kean appears to slander a fellow professional, LMA member and managerial colleague Mr Sam Allardyce and

further impugned the capabilities of a number of the other coaching staff.

Taking into account Mr Kean's conduct on the video, it would appear that his actions are unbefitting

of persons with managerial responsibility, indicate professional misconduct and appear to bring the

LMA into disrepute by association. You have previously indicated that Mr Kean has acted with dignity

and professionalism, I would be interested to see your retraction of that support in the light of recent media

coverage and some indication that Mr Kean will face some form of sanction from your Association.

With best wishes

Supporter of Blackburn Rovers for 43 years

Great work... This past 24hrs have been most enjoyable, watching the house of Kean being destroyed brick by brick. The walls are closing in now and he has nowhere to hide, so lets hope its completely demolished tomorrow and we never see him again in football ever again...

Great work... This past 24hrs have been most enjoyable, watching the house of Kean being destroyed brick by brick. The walls are closing in now and he has nowhere to hide, so lets hope its completely demolished tomorrow and we never see him again in football ever again...

Absolutely. We've had to endure 18 months of not only this complete fraud, but also the frustrations from the media and other clubs fans being seemingly unaware of our plight, or unwilling to listen.

I'm getting a mild satisfaction in a little bit of unity from the media and other fans starting to mount an attack against Kean. Satisfaction indeed.

Sorry to put a downer on all of the fuss, but people are expecting a logical progression and conclusion to this revelation.

Logic departed Ewood the minute Venkys walked in!

Yes, you are putting a downer on things. Let us have some hope for christ sake. Your comments don't help anyone.

Sorry to put a downer on all of the fuss, but people are expecting a logical progression and conclusion to this revelation.

Logic departed Ewood the minute Venkys walked in!

I have to agree. Since he got the job there have been about four or five times when I thought he was finally going to get the axe, and yet here he still is and as defiant as ever.

My gut feeling is he is safe once again, I just can't see him travelling 4000+ miles to get the sack. If he was to be sacked they would have surely done it by now and saved him the trouble of travelling all that distance.

Absolutely. We've had to endure 18 months of not only this complete fraud, but also the frustrations from the media and other clubs fans being seemingly unaware of our plight, or unwilling to listen.

I'm getting a mild satisfaction in a little bit of unity from the media and other fans starting to mount an attack against Kean. Satisfaction indeed.

Agreed, at last the media have finally woken up and turned on the deluded cretin which, in turn, supports our pleas for him to leave. Another satisfying thing for me is the video is all his own doing - they were his words, he cannot deny the things he said and almost certainly his fellow managers will support Big Sam over him now. He's digging his own grave now and tomorrow we hope Mrs Desai puts him out of his misery, and most importantly ours...

On the flip side, should he keep his job - how can he face the media, his fellow professionals and the fans after this? Apart from Mrs Desai (who will be sitting in Pune hiding away), who will support him now? I'm beginning to wonder how much Kean can take now, with his whole world falling around him...

I have to agree. Since he got the job there have been about four or five times when I thought he was finally going to get the axe, and yet here he still is and as defiant as ever.

My gut feeling is he is safe once again, I just can't see him travelling 4000+ miles to get the sack. If he was to be sacked they would have surely done it by now and saved him the trouble of travelling all that distance.

towards the end of last season?

After last season?

After poor start?

After Bolton home?

After every further defeat?

After the Wigan game that sealed our demotion?

Now?

I feel all these have been the perfect opportunity to sack him. No other club or industry for that matter would stand for this job performance. Maybe he is punctual? hungover but on time

didnt mean to quote you twice btw

Archived