BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean video

We do not know yet whether that was the real reason for Sam's dismissal. However, it does seem that Kean has here implied that Desai was lying when she gave the reasons for the dismissal. Desai will not be pleased that Kean seems to have suggested this.

I've not had chance to see the video, yet.

If the owners have any sense or shame, they would sack him! Big IF though.

They'll probably pay his legal fees! :angry:

Sam is hardly a paragon of vertue, but Kean makes him look like a saint!

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re the above post Kean is asked why Sam was sacked and he replies "because he was an" effing" crook".

That sort of implies that's how the owners viewed it but its only his opinion.

so if he is saying that based on his own opinion, then surely he is slandering his own bosses in the process...is he?

It's not just the 'crook' allegations etc but it seems that he discredits Sam and the Academy coaches over Jones etc. If time lines show, which I think that someone has established, that Sam had waxed lyrical about Jones and played in reserves already etc, even before Kean joined the club, then Kean is well and truly goosed.

I suspect there are other ex-employees out there with a grudge against Venkys/Kean. This could be the first of many exposes.

I'd have thought there would probably be many, if not all, current employees, far from happy with the Stephen Kean.

Northern Rover‏@Northern_Rover

Don't worry, news of potential legal action by Sam passed to senior Venky's sources.

Andrew Cryer‏@CryerRovers

Just had confirmation Sam's lawyers have been instructed

Can the FA charge Kean with "bringing the game in to disrepute" with the comments he made?

Surely that is another possible charge coming his way, fingers crossed.

This man should be sent packing and never be allowed near a football club anywhere ever again. He makes Sepp Blatter look like an honourable person within the game, not that Sepp is corrupt in any way or form officer.

Just a sidenote: infer & imply are not one of the same thing.

Kean's implying that Venky's think Sam's a crook.

We're inferring this should get him the sack.

Pet peeve.

The way that Kean replies makes me think it was his opinion that Sam was a "crook". How would Venky's know if he was a "crook" without outside interference from, dare I say, the advisers, or Kean himself?

Just a sidenote: infer & imply are not one of the same thing.

Kean's implying that Venky's think Sam's a crook.

We're inferring this should get him the sack.

Pet peeve.

No, Kean didnt imply, he said he was sacked because he was an effing crook, now thats stated as a fact, implying is when it could be open to debate, no debate there, it was said as a statement of fact and you simply cant do that!!

I don't just want Kean sacked, I want him sacked without compo, humiliated in the press and whatever he has earned up to now sued from him by Big Sam. Then I would feel partly repaid for what he has done to my club.

It's not just the 'crook' allegations etc but it seems that he discredits Sam and the Academy coaches over Jones etc. If time lines show, which I think that someone has established, that Sam had waxed lyrical about Jones and played in reserves already etc, even before Kean joined the club, then Kean is well and truly goosed.

They do.

The stuff about the kids is completely contradicted from what I can see.

Am I right in thinking if this goes to court then Sam’s confidentiality agreement becomes voided as he will have to reveal why he thought he was sacked etc in Court? If so then this could get very ugly for Venky’s particularly if he calls in John Williams whose agreement may also then be voided.

I don't just want Kean sacked, I want him sacked without compo, humiliated in the press and whatever he has earned up to now sued from him by Big Sam. Then I would feel partly repaid for what he has done to my club.

He won't work in this country again, he'll have totally lost support of likes of Sir Alex etc after these revelations.

Because of his position it is reasonable to believe that when asked why Sam was sacked, Kean was replying on behalf of the club.

As Sam's sacking was at the owners' instruction and they have repeatedly confirmed and explained this to be the case, then Kean is joining the owners in the "Sam is a crook" statement in answering the question the way he did.

Am I right in thinking if this goes to court then Sam’s confidentiality agreement becomes voided as he will have to reveal why he thought he was sacked etc in Court? If so then this could get very ugly for Venky’s particularly if he calls in John Williams whose agreement may also then be voided.

A confidentiality part of a Compromise Agreement has always been somewhat of a farce as the only way the former employer can enforce it is via the County Court system which of course is public.

The employee normally does not breech confidentially as to do so would send out a message to potential future employers that the individual is untrustworthy; this should not be a problem for Big Sam.

• Backroom

Imagine this scenario:

West ham lose the play off final

Kean keeps his job

Blackburn Rovers v west ham on opening day

I may even break my boycott for that!

Archived