BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers fan groups to work together

I take back my comment and apologise. It was not Glen himself but the Action Group that you had/have a "personal grudge" against.

I trust this personal grudge does not cloud your judgement when commenting on posts by their spokespeople.

Your appology accepted.

Cloud my judgement, no. But sadly they have at times, come across as there way or no way. Which I will never accept. Wayne Wilds comments on twitter, even though deleted, disgusted me.

The concept is a good idea, but I do not believe it is do able. I do not believe they will raise enough funds. Therefore would make things worse, not better.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your appology accepted.

Cloud my judgement, no. But sadly they have at times, come across as there way or no way. Which I will never accept. Wayne Wilds comments on twitter, even though deleted, disgusted me.

The concept is a good idea, but I do not believe it is do able. I do not believe they will raise enough funds. Therefore would make things worse, not better.

Too pessimistic and hopeless for me. :(

Your appology accepted.

I can buy your cynicism about the potential success of BRSIT but to say that it will make things worse is founded in your miserable outlook on life as opposed to any sort of logical argument.

Given your view of the ill-advised Wayne Wild tweets which have been removed you appear to have a closed mind to BRSIT, a group of hundreds of fans. True, Wayne and Dan Grabko provided the initial impetus to this venture but do you really believe that they use mind control over everyone concerned? It is a Community Trust and will have all the trappings of the same i.e. democratic elections of officers, voting on a one member one vote, transparent decision making etc.

Disgust about the tweets? The atrocities in Syria deserve disgust - I think you have had a severe attack of tunnel vision and overstatement. Bad decision by Wayne, I am sure he realised it, hence the withdrawal. We are all human and he is entitled to be let off this one action - particularly since his repeated public confirmation of BRSIT being more than ready to work with Seneca or any other potential investors who have the good of the Rovers at heart.

As Rovers fans we don't always have to follow exactly the same banner but it's about time we stopped trying to hold back positive actions by a constant propaganda of negativity.

My view of the protests are completely the opposite of Glen Mullan, I thought they were only geared towards a removal of the manager and/or owners, however we both support BRSIT. BRSIT represents a positive attempt to move the club forward that the ordinary fan can join in. Despite your unbridled pessimism this is do able, difficult yes but impossible? Hell no!

I can buy your cynicism about the potential success of BRSIT but to say that it will make things worse is founded in your miserable outlook on life as opposed to any sort of logical argument.

Given your view of the ill-advised Wayne Wild tweets which have been removed you appear to have a closed mind to BRSIT, a group of hundreds of fans. True, Wayne and Dan Grabko provided the initial impetus to this venture but do you really believe that they use mind control over everyone concerned? It is a Community Trust and will have all the trappings of the same i.e. democratic elections of officers, voting on a one member one vote, transparent decision making etc.

Disgust about the tweets? The atrocities in Syria deserve disgust - I think you have had a severe attack of tunnel vision and overstatement. Bad decision by Wayne, I am sure he realised it, hence the withdrawal. We are all human and he is entitled to be let off this one action - particularly since his repeated public confirmation of BRSIT being more than ready to work with Seneca or any other potential investors who have the good of the Rovers at heart.

As Rovers fans we don't always have to follow exactly the same banner but it's about time we stopped trying to hold back positive actions by a constant propaganda of negativity.

My view of the protests are completely the opposite of Glen Mullan, I thought they were only geared towards a removal of the manager and/or owners, however we both support BRSIT. BRSIT represents a positive attempt to move the club forward that the ordinary fan can join in. Despite your unbridled pessimism this is do able, difficult yes but impossible? Hell no!

I agree the concept is good. But I believe the money required to run a football club is beyond supporters.

Part ownership, possible. Full ownership I question that. Therefore because of the huge costs involved, is why we could be in a worse situation.

It is not the idea, or the people, yes people can say things in haste. It is the cost. Buy the club, fire kean, appoint new management team, players, paying of staff just to run the day to day running of the club. Etc.

Instead of trying to own the whole club. I think it better and more feasible to own 20% max. With an individual or consortium the rest.

I've had an idea, and apologies if it's been thought of before.

Right, many of us are saying we really don't want to attend Ewood on match days whilst Steve Kean, certainly, is still at the club. I'm guessing there are going to be protests on match day as well though, many of those protesting who would normally attend the game.

Well if those people who were going to pay to watch the match anyway, chuck in a tenner into the campaign pot instead, then each and every game that Steve Kean is still in charge at home, gets us closer, albeit in a small way, towards our goal. All those saying don't give the club any money, well this is a positive alternative. It's good publicity as well to show money that would normally go to the club, going on the campaign instead. Payment through Paypal as an option maybe.

If only 100 attend and chuck in, which is surely feasible as a minimum given the strength of feeling and the way everyone is pulling together on this, then you're looking at one more person putting a grand up for the share scheme (there could be a raffle whereby that person is a named shareholder). If 1,000 attend, not unrealistic surely, then we're talking serious money week on week for the campaign.

It's paying to protest, but it's cheaper than it would have been anyway to watch the match, and it gets us closer to getting Ewood back. Worst case, if it doesn't work out, then the money raised could go to local causes, even maybe if there was a raffle then the new shareholders get the cash.

It would obviously never be compulsory, just those who wanted to do their bit.

• Backroom

Is that true?

If it is, it speaks volumes.

Yep he's come back to twitter and was on blue moon slagging off our fans

Went to a gig in Manc land last night and got nattering to quite a few music/footie fans. All were sympathetic as soon as I admitted that I was a Rovers fan but none of them were aware of the extent of our club's problems. Most of them were either Man U or (majority) City (funny that, eh?) but all were interested and disgusted. I'd just urge any Rovers fan who is going to work in or go on holiday to a different part of the country or who might meet Brits from different parts of the country abroad to please fill them in. From what I gathered from last night, people don't know about the facts, never mind the conjecture. Please tell them what our great leader said in that video, please tell them about his pay rise, about the published letters, the reduction in board members, Miles Anderson and Bruno Ribeiro, Salgado, Keith Andrews, etc, etc, etc... you don't need to put yourself in an awkward position by mentioning the things that we suspect because the things that we know and are out there in the public domain speak volumes all by themselves. I felt a little bit comforted and reassured last night because real footy fans, no matter where they're from, are all against people ruining elements of the game. So let's go for it and get the word spread.

Things change. Two Ian's have expressed interest.

Sorry Peter, there has always been interest.

There are, however, huge problems now:

- Rovers are relegated

- The Paul Hunt and John Williams letters are in the open spelling out that the auditors were reluctant to sign the accounts, that twice now professional management teams have been completely over-ruled, marginalised and expunged, and that Kean is being used in a function that far exceeds the remit of a football manager

- The club is being sued by its former football manager

- The banking of the club has been removed from an established major UK banking group to an obscure town branch of an Indian Bank albeit exercised through its London office so as to remain compliant with regulation

- Nobody can pretend that there are not persistent and serious unanswered questions concerning probity which goes beyond perfect incompetence which is the reality of the exercise of ownership for these past miserable 19 months.

Nicko is blowing bubbles. Goldman Sachs do not get out of bed for deals of less than £100m and in any event have comprehensively denied their involvement in selling Rovers.

Even more ludicrous are the ideas that the price on the club is £30m or that the owners want to make a c apital gain on their involvement with Rovers.

The true price of Rovers is £1. In fact Venky's should be paying whoever lines up to take on Rovers as its true value after their rampage of value destruction at Ewood is in reality negative.

I fear that getting to a deal to sell is but the least of the problems.

How any future owner insulates and isolates themselves from the stinking morass that is the Venky's inheritance is the real point at issue.

-

- Rovers are relegated

- The Paul Hunt and John Williams letters are in the open spelling out that the auditors were reluctant to sign the accounts, that twice now professional management teams have been completely over-ruled, marginalised and expunged, and that Kean is being used in a function that far exceeds the remit of a football manager

- The banking of the club has been removed from an established major UK banking group to an obscure town branch of an Indian Bank albeit exercised through its London office so as to remain compliant with regulation

- Nobody can pretend that there are not persistent and serious unanswered questions concerning probity which goes beyond perfect incompetence which is the reality of the exercise of ownership for these past miserable 19 months.

Nicko is blowing bubbles. Goldman Sachs do not get out of bed for deals of less than £100m and in any event have comprehensively denied their involvement in selling Rovers.

Even more ludicrous are the ideas that the price on the club is £30m or that the owners want to make a c apital gain on their involvement with Rovers.

The true price of Rovers is £1. In fact Venky's should be paying whoever lines up to take on Rovers as its true value after their rampage of value destruction at Ewood is in reality negative.

How any future owner insulates and isolates themselves from the stinking morass that is the Venky's inheritance is the real point at issue.

-

maybe the reason they aren't exactly rushing to do anything or put it up for sale is because they realise its worthless and they have had most of what they can get out of it.But it must be an expensive occupation Philip to continue to keep it now we have no fans buying tickets?

That is the key. If we want new BRFC fans as owners it is critical that we devalue the club as much as possible. And the only way we can do that is by staying away from Ewood Park and never mind all this 'nobody is driving me away' or 'i've gone since I was 10' shyte. Stay away, make it embarrassingly untenable for the slumdogs and it is guaranteed to come cheap. What state it will be in when all the assets have been sold in retribution I cannot say. It's like chemotherapy... to kill a cancer one has to almost kill the person.

If our crowds dwindle to 10000 then ignorant southern ###### like Paul Merson etc will criticise the supporters for being fickle .... if the crowds go to nothing they simply won't be able to.

Personally how anyone can write a cheque knowing that it is going to that lot is beyond me. I wouldn't even ###### on them if they were on fire.

- Rovers are relegated

-

I haven't said any different. I know there has always been interest. I was saying that brsit are not the only option, because they are other interested folk / groups. So until we know what the owners are going to do or are forced to do. Or know what or if any people interested party are going to do. All options have to be considered, listen to etc - not just brsit.

I think it more likely that venkys will be forced out - how, is another matter.

Archived