BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers fan groups to work together

Why dont we have a general election and the group with the most votes wins and they can then represent fans and not all these petty little groups with people wanting five minutes of fame.

Make an effort and take some of your time to attend one of the BRSIT meetings and you will find that it isn't a petty little group and all the groups will happily work together. These aren't closed shops you know.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think Wayne Wild was a bit ill advised with his tweets but there are a couple of things to note. Firstly they have (I believe) been deleted and secondly at Saturday's BRSIT meeting he came out strongly to say that BRSIT would be enthusiastic in working with any group that is commited to the Rovers.

Don't judge BRSIT on the basis of a few posts on the 'net or a tweet or two in haste. If you have an opinion you'll find that the most important aspect of BRSIT is transparency. Still, the web seems to be populated by conspiracy theorists who would prefer to sit at a keyboard spouting negativity rather than standing up and doing something positive.

Ask anyone who went to the meeting and saw things first hand and I am sure you will hear about a positive and very professional organisation.

The fact he deleted them makes me more suspicious of him in honesty

I was reading twitter all that morning and frankly it stunk of bitterness and fear of being edged out to me

But that's just my view on it all

Guest yakubu24

there is already a blackburn united in scotland, it annoys me so much when people want to form a new team, firstly u wont get any fans and secondly if u ever stop supporting blackburn and turn against them your not a true fan in the first place , fc blackburn have been formed and i hope they do badly because they should be watching rovers, u can never change who u support.

Yakubu, you clearly need to get up to speed with where people are at with the whole "true supporter" thing. It's a bit emotive.

Also could you please stop using "u" and use "you"...?

Oh, and welcome! :rover:

Oh, and yes, as Tom suggests, it's not a new football team but a group trying to "unite" the different fan groups...

All I can say regarding the Action groups participation,is we will work with anyone who wants to work with us, we have always maintained this and have never refused not to as a group.

But here is the issue that's been there all along. Working together means compromise on both sides, not anyone who wants to join us can

But here is the issue that's been there all along. Working together means compromise on both sides, not anyone who wants to join us can

That is my impression - must work with them. They support brsit, therefore I suppose everybody else must.

That is my impression - must work with them. They support brsit, therefore I suppose everybody else must.

What would you do differently? You've already admitted you have a personal dislike of Glen so it doesn't matter what he does or says you would disagree - and still without any alternative suggestion.

The fact you and EiT have picked up this one turn of phrase and read it in line with your agendas speaks volumes but not about Glen.

What would you do differently? You've already admitted you have a personal dislike of Glen so it doesn't matter what he does or says you would disagree - and still without any alternative suggestion.

The fact you and EiT have picked up this one turn of phrase and read it in line with your agendas speaks volumes but not about Glen.

Can you show me a post where I have said I have a dislike of Glen? If so, please do.

Brsit are not the only option / interest. Have we not heard about the two Ian's and then there is IIyas Kahn who has recently expressed interest. Then recently a group from Malaysia has been mentioned. So the possiblity is if venkys decide to sell, there may be other options. That being the case, I suggest all options have to be viewed and not just one.

Too many different groups starting up who all want the limelight.

WW tweets (no not where's wally) put me off too. Certain individuals are loving the media attention and love having their face in the media.

To be honest the only fan led initiative that I can see getting even close is the one by the two Ian's. I don't think they would benefit from merging with certain other individuals.

• Moderation Lead

WW tweets (no not where's wally) put me off too. Certain individuals are loving the media attention and love having their face in the media.

To be honest the only fan led initiative that I can see getting even close is the one by the two Ian's. I don't think they would benefit from merging with certain other individuals.

Agreed.

Can you show me a post where I have said I have a dislike of Glen? If so, please do.

Brsit are not the only option / interest. Have we not heard about the two Ian's and then there is IIyas Kahn who has recently expressed interest. Then recently a group from Malaysia has been mentioned. So the possiblity is if venkys decide to sell, there may be other options. That being the case, I suggest all options have to be viewed and not just one.

Says the man who spent days telling us that if Venkys sold no buyers would be forthcoming!

Isn't that what Glen said? we are willing to work with people, who are willing to work with us? that is compromise, isn't it?

We have always been open and transparent in everything we have done and have never once refused dialogue with any other supporter or supporters groups, i have personally either attended meetings, or offered to attend meetings held by all other groups i have spoken too, to try and become involved with them. We always openly invite other groups to send representation to see what we are upto, sadly nobody has yet chosen to accept that invite, however we have shown and always maintained that we are willing to compromise and work with others, so not sure the point there.

Brsit are not the only option / interest. Have we not heard about the two Ian's and then there is IIyas Kahn who has recently expressed interest.

Regarding this, the BRFC Action Group's support is not exclusive to BRSIT. We welcome any group/individual who wishes to take ownership of the club and has the right reasons for doing so. The BRSIT initiative, has been open and honest throughout with supporters and answer all questions people have.

We would support the other option too, however we have tried to make contact with those you have mentioned to be involved and they have stated that they cannot talk to supporters groups about it, whatever that means i don't know, however as a group we cannot be backing something which we know nothing about where the people involved refuse to even talk to us.

So it is certainly not a case of the BRSIT or nothing.

The two Ian's are fans but BRSIT is different in the fact it is a Community Trust with every member having a vote on who will represent them. In the longer term Wayne Wild will only hold the same profile if he has the trust of the members.

I have no problems with Messrs Battersby, Currie or Khan, indeed the best solution for me is a linkup between them and BRSIT. It was made clear that BRSIT was more than happy to work with other interested parties. BRSIT is much more transparent than any other bidders.

I have a point of view, not an 'agenda', that there is far to much talk about working together and far too little tangible action.

Sorry if that says a lot about me

I take back my comment and apologise. It was not Glen himself but the Action Group that you had/have a "personal grudge" against.

I trust this personal grudge does not cloud your judgement when commenting on posts by their spokespeople.

Like them or dislike them BRSIT and BRFC Action Group have nailed their colours to the mast and have shown in the last 12 months what they are all about.

What do people know about Battersby that makes them think his interest in the club is more credible and worthwhile than BRSIT's?

I came in to this with absolutely no allegiances to anybody - but it is clear to me that Glen Mullen, Rob Crabtree, Wayne Wild, etc have stood up in the face of massive criticism and took some serious grief for what they believe.

I would offer my support to any old numpty but that's all the proof I need really. As a fan, I am still struggling to see that from Battersby.

From what I can see, he got talking to Balaji Rao at the Arsenal game and within weeks was talking to Mrs Desai in Pune!?! He then came back, spoke in quite complimentary terms of Venky's in the Lancashire Telegraph before the Bolton game and, when the above mentioned groups were getting it from all angles, Battersby slipped off the radar until we were relegated.

www.rovertaken.co.uk

Like them or dislike them BRSIT and BRFC Action Group have nailed their colours to the mast and have shown in the last 12 months what they are all about.

What do people know about Battersby that makes them think his interest in the club is more credible and worthwhile than BRSIT's?

I came in to this with absolutely no allegiances to anybody - but it is clear to me that Glen Mullen, Rob Crabtree, Wayne Wild, etc have stood up in the face of massive criticism and took some serious grief for what they believe.

I would offer my support to any old numpty but that's all the proof I need really. As a fan, I am still struggling to see that from Battersby.

From what I can see, he got talking to Balaji Rao at the Arsenal game and within weeks was talking to Mrs Desai in Pune!?! He then came back, spoke in quite complimentary terms of Venky's in the Lancashire Telegraph before the Bolton game and, when the above mentioned groups were getting it from all angles, Battersby slipped off the radar until we were relegated.

www.rovertaken.co.uk

Think it is pretty clear that if you speak out against the Rao family you are off their Xmas card list - for Battersby to be too critical of them in public would be pretty stupid considering he is looking to buy the club.

Whilst I know Ian isn't one to normally court publicity, he did come and talk at length on the podcast (as did Wayne and Dan, Glen's been on a couple of times too and Graham Jones too).

I thought Ilyas Khan and the 2 Ians were one party?? Is Ilyas not working with Seneca or whatever on this together? Just how i read it so might be wrong!

www.rovertaken.co.uk

Do you mean slipped off the radar as in writing hugely critical pieces in the Independent, blasting the regime on BBC radio several times and 5 Live as well??And he was the one who jointly appeared in the LT with Wild in the appeal for Venkys to engage before Xmas? That and many other posts from people who claim to know him and Currie reckon they are the ones with the real clout to make something happen and then hopefully thats the time when there is something to talk to the Trust about.Until then all of this is just hot air and all this rumour and agenda baiting is wazzing me off.Every day we all hope something is going to happen but evry day we are disappointed

Archived