BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chaos, Confusion And General Mismanagement

Guest Wen Y Hu

Until they decided they weren't and that they'd hire an agent find someone, anyone, to run it.

If it was so sustainable and everyone was so happy, why do you think they decided to bog off?

Done to death this. The individual members of the trust to whom ownership of BRFC fell dislike football so it's logical that they put the club up for sale. Especially so when the possibility to lose serious money is very real whilst the possibility of making money is virtually a pipe dream.

However EiT.... can you confirm who took on Anderson? Was it Rothschilds or the Trust? Or is it possible that he knew the situation, found the Venkeys and only then squeezed himself into the frame as 'broker'? To cut Rothschilds and the Trust a little slack just think how close we came to that Saeed chap owning us and how easy it would have been to simply offload us onto him!

- didn't take long Gordon but I'm not yet quite the old cynic

Replacing the 5th most successful Prem manager with a 3rd rate coach didn't ring alarm bells with you? :o

When you finally become that cynic I can assure you that your judgement will improve tremendously. Don't put it off any longer. ;)

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However EiT.... can you confirm who took on Anderson? Was it Rothschilds or the Trust? Or is it possible that he knew the situation, found the Venkeys and only then squeezed himself into the frame as 'broker'? To cut Rothschilds and the Trust a little slack just think how close we came to that Saeed chap owning us and how easy it would have been to simply offload us onto him!

I'm only going what I have read, but seem to recall Anderson also introduced that Saeed chap, and the other fella who got the hump with Venky's. Did the slimy one himself not say that the Trust engaged him?

Excellent article in this month's WSC (by Bruce Wilkinson).

His final paragraph sums it up as he states that we have seen the whole football establishment close ranks against a set of fans who had the temerity to support a small town club who stuck it to the big boys.

I feel like you guys are needlessly attaching negative connotations to the words "calculated risk" and "luck". JW knew what he was doing and he did it well, end of. It does not mean that the business model would remain sustainable forever, it is not a view that was influenced by the Raos but one I have held before I even knew of their existence, so all this talk about "buying into their excuses" is complete rubbish.

it was sustainable Miker as was proved , by excellent running of the club by JW , etc even when the Ince appointment was wrong they sorted it in November before it got too late and very risky ,Rovers budgetted for finishing in a certain position but most occasions finished higher than that !

it was sustainable Miker as was proved , by excellent running of the club by JW , etc even when the Ince appointment was wrong they sorted it in November December before it got too late and very risky ,Rovers budgetted for finishing in a certain position but most occasions finished higher than that !

Edited for you Athlete.

To be fair JW cut the incompetent goon too much slack and couldn't dare to leave him in place any longer. Only an excellent turnabout engineered by Allardyce came to our rescue.

Many who hated irrationally Allardyce proposed other managers to come in but imo very few could have turned our demoralised squad around and led us to safety other than him.

Excellent article in this month's WSC (by Bruce Wilkinson).

His final paragraph sums it up as he states that we have seen the whole football establishment close ranks against a set of fans who had the temerity to support a small town club who stuck it to the big boys.

Any link?

Edited for you Athlete.

To be fair JW cut the incompetent goon too much slack and couldn't dare to leave him in place any longer. Only an excellent turnabout engineered by Allardyce came to our rescue.

Many who hated irrationally Allardyce proposed other managers to come in but imo very few could have turned our demoralised squad around and led us to safety other than him.

Allardyce is the master at getting you and keeping a club up no one better IMO , he plays to his advantages and is successfull at doing it

So incomings-Best, Murphy, Nunes, Gomez

Potential exits-Robinson, Olsson, Hoilett (no contract), Nzonzi, Petrovic, Pederson and anybody else who we are offered good money for...

• How much were the incomings signed for?
  • How much will be put into the owners pockets if the above rovers players are sold?
  • Will all the money from potential sales be ploughed back into new signings??

A few cheap players have been signed early on which have made the headlines read more positively whilst 1/2 of our prize players might be sold????

Funny how quickly people/press seem positive about a relegated Rovers when a few signings are dangled in front of them.

So incomings-Best, Murphy, Nunes, Gomez

Potential exits-Robinson, Olsson, Hoilett (no contract), Nzonzi, Petrovic, Pederson and anybody else who we are offered good money for...

• How much were the incomings signed for?
  • How much will be put into the owners pockets if the selling the above rovers players are sold?
  • Will all the money be ploughed back into new signings-highly doubtful!!!

Few cheap players signed early on which make the headlines read more positively before 1/2 of our prize players are sold????

Funny how quickly people/press seem positive about a relegated Rovers when a few signings are dangled in front of them.

This is exactly what most expect to happen. One decent outgoing will cover all they spent so far in fee's etc and the wages are loaded onto the club. I hope im wrong but there is no reason to think any different :(

Allardyce is the master at getting you and keeping a club up no one better IMO , he plays to his advantages and is successfull at doing it

I see he's being linked with a loan deal for Carroll. I thought we should have gone in for him when NUFC were relegated after seeing him at just 18 boss Nelsen and Samba in the air all one Sat afternoon. If it happens Allardyce will turn him into a major threat for any defence. If it doesn't he's linked with Kenwyn Jones who is equally good in the air but not as physical.

I see he's being linked with a loan deal for Carroll. I thought we should have gone in for him when NUFC were relegated after seeing him at just 18 boss Nelsen and Samba in the air all one Sat afternoon. If it happens Allardyce will turn him into a major threat for any defence. If it doesn't he's linked with Kenwyn Jones who is equally good in the air but not as physical.

and who have we signed ???

Ahh..the old "we tried for Carroll, but here's Kenwynne Jones" line.

Same as us really...we "tried" for Ronaldinhio, ended up with Goodknob..

I'm not sure what point you are making.

they type of players , play to strength that big sam signs...if that makes sense..

BTW look at Forest new Kuwaiti owners within 2 days get rid of Cotterill a la watford new Italian owners get rid of dyche replaced ASAP within days of taking over with Zola

Actually let's rethink this. He could be an excellent signing, welcome to the club Mr Barton ;)

Agreed.

Barton will find kindred sprits in Kean, Agnew, Shabby, Hendry , Murphy, Orr :glare:

Barton is odious, but his volatile nature, outbursts etc.. might aid us in our 'anti Kean, Agnew and Venkys missions!'

The ONLY +

they type of players , play to strength that big sam signs...if that makes sense..

BTW look at Forest new Kuwaiti owners within 2 days get rid of Cotterill a la watford new Italian owners get rid of dyche replaced ASAP within days of taking over with Zola

is that a thumbs up for venky's ?

they sacked sam pretty quick when they took over.

The signing of Barton would be positive as Championship signings go but the fact remains (and I know I run the risk of sounding like a broken record) that until the owners (whoever they are) address the glaring problem at the heart of team matters, then we've not a hope of going anywhere near the Premier League.

Archived