BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chaos, Confusion And General Mismanagement

Guest Wen Y Hu

Things are definitely different in Venkyville. Appointing the combination of a top secretary, a block between Kean and Desai (and one who is on record as thinking he isn't up to it), and it looking like we are signing excellent players for our situation. Sure, much more and bigger things have to change but I feel this may be the end of the beginning. Germany didn't surrender after El Alamein but it was the turning point.

356qou.jpg

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no forgiveness for the raos, they got us relegated and split the fanbase into goers and not goers through their astonishing incompetence.

The depressing fact is they still own the club and can basically do what they want with it, we dont and wont agree with them though, we need to get rid of them

as soon as possible. Appointing derek shaw, shabbysingh is merely an attempt to paper over the cracks and will fool nobody. We badly need them and in particular

kean out of our club to be replaced hopefully by the consortium organised by the two Ians who have the best interests of BRFC at heart. Until then go down to ewood

and support the team. COYB.

Have a read of the Cardiff City situation. Depressingly familiar:

http://myonlycardiff.com/2012/06/27/cardiff-city-season-ticket-refund-meeting-270612/

Interesting link. Thanks.

As an observation it seems football "investors" are now falling into two distinct groups; extraordinarily wealthy individuals in need of a hobby or Far Eastern/Asian (in the broadest sense) business people whose motivation is unclear.

When I read about the Cardiff re-branding I knew their support would be unhappy but hadn't realised it went much deeper than this.

There is no forgiveness for the raos, they got us relegated and split the fanbase into goers and not goers through their astonishing incompetence.

The depressing fact is they still own the club and can basically do what they want with it, we dont and wont agree with them though, we need to get rid of them

as soon as possible. Appointing derek shaw, shabbysingh is merely an attempt to paper over the cracks and will fool nobody. We badly need them and in particular

kean out of our club to be replaced hopefully by the consortium organised by the two Ians who have the best interests of BRFC at heart. Until then go down to ewood

and support the team. COYB.

All hope of Wankys leaving town anytime soon look to be doomed with this latest spate of appointments.Its just more disaster after disaster.Do they seriously think this is a masterplan to get fans back on board and get promoted back to PL? Is this really the best they can up with to deal with all our problems??

IMO it just makes things a sight worse with a total bunch of no mark incompetents now thinking they are going to put it all right. The damage done by this regime in the last 18 months would need 50 Red Adairs and yet they come up with this motley crew.

The charm offensives will probably take all the sting out of any impact BRSIT and BRAG hoped to make and there seems little or no hope now of them listening to offers from the 2 Ian's.

It really is the most depressing time in the entrie 137 yr history of the Club and sadly i just don't think they have any appreciation of the extent of the damage they have caused.So much so that they could zoom to the top of the Championship and it will barely cause a flicker.

Has anybody got any update on ST sales following the re release??

It would appear that nobody is rushing to buy them since the offer has now been further extended. I don't know anyone who has been to buy one since the offer was initially extended. Of course I may be wrong; there may be crowds flocking to Ewood; it could be that the original extension was so popular that they can't cope down at the ticket office and so are having to extend the deadline but I don't think so, do you?

The latest yesterday is that they are only having interest from those wanting refunds. However expect to hear differently once the bullish!t machine groans into place. All those who have not renewed will get a nice letter from Shaggy and PNE Degsey.....they will be crying in their chicken soup with all the abusive responses.

Things are definitely different in Venkyville. Appointing the combination of a top secretary, a block between Kean and Desai (and one who is on record as thinking he isn't up to it), and it looking like we are signing excellent players for our situation. Sure, much more and bigger things have to change but I feel this may be the end of the beginning. Germany didn't surrender after El Alamein but it was the turning point.

Where do you think the money will come from for these "excellent" players? From the owners pocket?

Or from the sale of N'Zonzi, Olsson,Robinson and co?

If you were an "excellent player" would you join Rovers under the current circus act calling itself management, unless you were at the end of your career and they offered you buckets of cash the answer would be almost always no, they treated the fans and many players appallingly, the results were dreadful and management couldn't tell the truth if their lives depended on it, they have further dismantled the little structure that was in place and replaced them with at best yes men.....I can see the attraction for all the superstars

exiled, i doubt you go to many games living in canada, its the folk who have to pay out their hard earned money to watch this drivel so don't talk about excellent players and good times ahead, we are the ones who have to suffer

More likely to be the Battle of the Bulge.

Bit below the belt that Roverandout.

Exiled is entitled to his opinion whether he goes to games or not and whether he agrees with you or not.

my twopennoth fot what it's worth is that the players being brought in should be excellent for our current situation.

I wouldn't get too excited about "the players being brought in". We've been down this route before I think.

So far one player has been brought in and that's a fact. I prefer to see the reality about future signings.

exiled, i doubt you go to many games living in canada, its the folk who have to pay out their hard earned money to watch this drivel so don't talk about excellent players and good times ahead, we are the ones who have to suffer

If you don't want to hear an opinion from anyone living outside Mill Hill then why come on an internet messageboard? I did my suffering going to Halifax, Gillingham, Workington etc thanks

If you don't want to hear an opinion from anyone living outside Mill Hill then why come on an internet messageboard? I did my suffering going to Halifax, Gillingham, Workington etc thanks

At the rate we are going it won't be long until we all visit those illustrious?? old grounds

Where do you think the money will come from for these "excellent" players? From the owners pocket?

Or from the sale of N'Zonzi, Olsson,Robinson and co?

They haven't sold N'Zonzi, Olsson, Robinson and company, and there is no guarantee they will be able to sell them even if they wanted to. So for now, the money comes from the owners' pocket. And the 1 million from Yakubu's sale to Guangzhou isn't enough to cover the current purchases so far.

You're right, I shouldn't be talking here since I don't go to many games living in Asia. I don't have the right to do so.

I do think labeling Shebby as a failed Malaysian footballer is a little harsh. Plus the guy has pulled off several deals almost immediately after he came in, which included Danny Murphy, Leon Best, Nuno Gomes and Fabio Nunes. Plus the appointment of Derek Shaw and Colin Hendry seems to indicate that things are going up. If Venkys were going to simply asset strip our club before selling it, these actions certainly make no sense. In my opinion, of course, and since I'm no expert in the matter I could be naively misled into thinking that they have no intention of doing that.

Well, Steve Kean certainly doesn't deserve any more chances, but the new guys like Shebby Singh, Derek Shaw and Colin Hendry should be given chances to run whatever they can run in their prospective posts. Certainly it is too early to tell if the new players brought in will turn out to be successful and but it is also too early to label them as flops or declare that the new adminstrative appointments will turn out to be another circus of clowns.

They haven't sold N'Zonzi, Olsson, Robinson and company, and there is no guarantee they will be able to sell them even if they wanted to. So for now, the money comes from the owners' pocket. And the 1 million from Yakubu's sale to Guangzhou isn't enough to cover the current purchases so far.

I thought the balance of the Phil Jones money was due on July 1st.

You make a good point in this about the signing of two 35 year olds on 2 year deals. Salgado, Nelsen and Roberts were deemed surplus to requirements and people who needed to be gotten off the wage bill. Kean then uses the excuse that we lost a lot of experience as one of the reasons for us being relegated, as the wage bill had to be shrunk. So now after we are out of the Premiership, where the huge money we received from being there paid the high wages of experienced players, we give two ageing players, who were once very good but will have huge question marks over their ability to still perform, 2 year deals on huge wages, in a league with fair less revenue. The thought and logic that the people running the club have is frightening.

Debt free? You've seen the accounts i take it?

http://www.sportingl...debt-free-singh

Not the accounts, but I read the article.

You can believe him or you can sneer about how the whole lot of them are liars, that's up to you. Everyone believes whatever they want to believe selectively. They'll believe the bad things they hear and disbelieve the good things they hear, that's how it usually works out. Not that it's a bad thing, mind you. That's just how life is. And after the bad things that have happened over the past 18 months, can't say I really blame them for giving up on believing the good things.

Archived