BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chaos, Confusion And General Mismanagement

Guest Wen Y Hu

I think the Football League have a fit and proper test. Theoretically as a former PL club do we have to apply to join the FL? If so it would be very interesting to learn how or if that is conducted.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think the Football League have a fit and proper test. Theoretically as a former PL club do we have to apply to join the FL? If so it would be very interesting to learn how or if that is conducted.

Hopefully if the FL do have their own fit and proper persons test one of the criteria will be whether the club has a sound structure in place to ensure it can operate effectively.

Right now there's no question that the answer to that query is no. The club can't even sell season tickets.

The Premier League and Football League have signed up to honour each other's "fit and proper/directors and owners" tests so Venky's DO NOT face a new test on that front.

However, the Football League has brought in new financial regulation and the Venky's ARE required to present themselves in person to the Football League.

Anyone wanting to know the current situation with regards to the authorities should read the thread on the Richard Scudamore meeting.

Judging by the number of people who have contacted me recently, there is so much digging going on by people whose day job it is to dig, Ewood is in danger of collapsing into all the tunnels under it!

If this Bergander Sport are involved at rovers, part owners or whatever. Maybe this was declared to the prem at the time of purchase of the club. Even if it wasn't, out of curiosity, how would it be illegal. What laws / regulations would have been breached?

The Premier League and Football League have signed up to honour each other's "fit and proper/directors and owners" tests so Venky's DO NOT face a new test on that front.

However, the Football League has brought in new financial regulation and the Venky's ARE required to present themselves in person to the Football League.

Anyone wanting to know the current situation with regards to the authorities should read the thread on the Richard Scudamore meeting.

Judging by the number of people who have contacted me recently, there is so much digging going on by people whose day job it is to dig, Ewood is in danger of collapsing into all the tunnels under it!

Unfortunately though Philip, although there is a hell of a lot of digging going on - what evidence has actually been unearthed? I keep waiting for that chink of light that might mean that we can finally reboot this once great club, but as has always been the case, there is very little or no dirt on the owners or manager. I think it's quite obvious that I don't often see eye to eye with the way you purposefully infer a greater awareness to what is going on, but that doesn't mean that I don't wish you well with your plight and I sincerely hope you do actually have some genuine info about our situation. Regardless, despite all of the hints of financial irregularities, impending meltdown and finger pointing etc. that we were led to believe we will see if we simply scratch the surface...well, people are digging here, there and everywhere and all we seem to have in terms of "evidence" brought to light during Kean's reign and Venkys ownership is a meaningless letter stating how fed up and worried the experienced old guard were when their influence was effectively taken away and footage on a mobile phone of Kean passing on his (informed or ill-informed) judgement of the previous man in charge. For me, that doesn't amount to anything and it doesn't surprise me that our plight for much-needed, drastic change doesn't hog the limelight in the nationals.

I am desperate as any true Rovers fan to get things back on track because although the club still exists, my affection for it is seriously waning due to all of the bickering and idiotic decision making ever since our infection back in Nov 2011. One thing that is without doubt is this club is being run into the ground, very quickly, why is the million dollar question that I still feel is totally unanswered, unknown, and open to serious debate.

Pafell wrote:If this Bergander Sport are involved at rovers, part owners or whatever. Maybe this was declared to the prem at the time of purchase of the club. Even if it wasn't, out of curiosity, how would it be illegal. What laws / regulations would have been breached?

Pafell if it is finally proved this bergander sport are involved there would be a massive conflict of interest as stated on their website when we were a premier league club they were representing another premier league side and now if they continue along this part the next conflict of interest would be they now represent 1 unamed prem league club and one football league club which I breaches other rules but I must add this has to be proved with proper evidence knowing these people they will more than likely cover their tracks.

One thing that is without doubt is this club is being run into the ground, very quickly, why is the million dollar question that I still feel is totally unanswered, unknown, and open to serious debate.

Very true , why ?

A question that needs answering is why the silence since November?

Samba and Salgado mentioned they used to have a direct line to the owners until then. Battersby, Nick Harris and the Pune 9 were given audiences with the owners and discussed their plans for the club. We even made some decent signings for the money spent (around 10 in total?). And then everyone was virtually cut off. Why?

Pafell wrote:If this Bergander Sport are involved at rovers, part owners or whatever. Maybe this was declared to the prem at the time of purchase of the club. Even if it wasn't, out of curiosity, how would it be illegal. What laws / regulations would have been breached?

Pafell if it is finally proved this bergander sport are involved there would be a massive conflict of interest as stated on their website when we were a premier league club they were representing another premier league side and now if they continue along this part the next conflict of interest would be they now represent 1 unamed prem league club and one football league club which I again believe breaks certain rules but I must add this has to be proved with proper evidence knowing these crooks they will more than likely cover their tracks.

There is no conflict of interests and highly unlikely that rules have been breached. With that in mind I think it's unfair to call them crooks and I'd suggest quickly editing that bit out. If it is the case they are advising our club in some capacity, that is what I understand the role of their business to purely be. If anything, if there is a degree of secrecy it is probably to simply protect their brand image - with us being so disorganised and such a shambolic laughing stock I wouldn't want to claim to be associated either. In terms of big decisions made at Ewood and having an influence - seriously, other than flogging players to clear debts or stay afloat and signing a few assistant managers, no big decisions have been made, hence the problem we find ourselves in today.

Great piece Kamy, superbly written.

One thing which is starting to become increasingly obvious is that most people are now of the impression that we are not wholly owned by Venkys. The issue is who are the third party and how do we uncover this?

I'm starting to thing there may be oil under Ewood! What other reasons could there be for wanting to completely destroy a 137 year old institution along with the hundreds of livelihoods associated with it!

Please. please whoever you are, just sell up, dissappear & let us try to rebuild what's left!

A question that needs answering is why the silence since November?

Samba and Salgado mentioned they used to have a direct line to the owners until then. Battersby, Nick Harris and the Pune 9 were given audiences with the owners and discussed their plans for the club. We even made some decent signings for the money spent (around 10 in total?). And then everyone was virtually cut off. Why?

I think it will be one or two of the following:

a.Maybe because we dared to doubt them, complain, expected better or more?

b.Maybe because their share prices dropped and they couldn't invest in little bro's hobby.

c.Maybe because we come accross as ungrateful :blink:

d.Maybe because nobody else dares to question their authority and they are showing us who is the boss.

There is no conflict of interests and highly unlikely that rules have been breached. With that in mind I think it's unfair to call them crooks and I'd suggest quickly editing that bit out. If it is the case they are advising our club in some capacity, that is what I understand the role of their business to purely be. If anything, if there is a degree of secrecy it is probably to simply protect their brand image - with us being so disorganised and such a shambolic laughing stock I wouldn't want to claim to be associated either. In terms of big decisions made at Ewood and having an influence - seriously, other than flogging players to clear debts or stay afloat and signing a few assistant managers, no big decisions have been made, hence the problem we find ourselves in today.

it is becoming more likely that something untoward if not crooked is happening behind the scenes it surely is unprecedented in English football..even if people wanted to buy ST's they can't WTF is that all about ? is the business currently insolvent hence they can't sell season tickets ?

so much doesn't add up

it is becoming more likely that something untoward if not crooked is happening behind the scenes it surely is unprecedented in English football..even if people wanted to buy ST's they can't WTF is that all about ? is the business currently insolvent hence they can't sell season tickets ?

so much doesn't add up

Or it can be looked as the current regime simply cannot organise a pissup at a brewery.

I am considering leaning back towards the theory that things are just being run on the cheap. Kean could possibly be covering about 3 or 4 roles at the club, hence his importance and unshiftability - all with results that have currently ranged between unsuccessful to abysmal. The experience of the board seems to have been replaced by a unique set-up of mainly underqualified individuals, fantasists, oportunistic money makers and agents/advisors...but possibly at a cost less than that of the original board. Nobody really knows what to do, what is happening, who, if anyone is in control and most are probably trying to make the best of a bad job. Currently, all is probably ground to a halt until the stubborn old bird at the top claps her hands and says now dance to my beat. In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if she is more concerned dealing with more pressing matters such as sourcing a cheaper supplier of chicken feed in the Brazilian sector.

Not a bad theory Pedro.

And probably the most damning for us as a club. Inexperience at every level of the club - except maybe the club shops.

"Fit and proper" obviously doesn't cover competence.

Or it can be looked as the current regime simply cannot organise a pissup at a brewery.

well how do they go on in their other business interests ? the sooner the club is sold or even adminned the better cos at this rate its going down the pan anyhow or heading for bust

I think it will be one or two of the following:

a.Maybe because we dared to doubt them, complain, expected better or more?

b.Maybe because their share prices dropped and they couldn't invest in little bro's hobby.

c.Maybe because we come accross as ungrateful :blink:

d.Maybe because nobody else dares to question their authority and they are showing us who is the boss.

But it's not a reason to stop making decisions and leave the management and communication in chaos. They are hurting themselves by doing this as well, which makes no sense.

Even the current board was appointed by them initially: Paul Hunt, Simon Hunt, Karen Silk, Vineeth Rao. Yet they have all been seemingly left out of the loop since November as well.

Does anyone think the Rao family actually spend that much time on us? They have their own core business to run plus don't know what they are doing football wise and care factor regarding Rovers is clearly low.

Absolutely right....the Rovers are now a "No risk,no spend" outfit where the Venkys know with a judicial sale of 3 or 4 players(who want to leave anyway) plus a 10mn minimum sale to anyone, they can get out readily and rapidly, and at no 'actual cost'.

Its up to Keen to sell a few and then he gets his pay-off when the new Owners come in and sack him and his crew. People he recruits or has recruited also know that they are in it for theshort-term and the 'pay-off'.

The only losers are the fans and the Club's standing in the football world.

I was going to post a reply on here as to what I think is going on, and I feel it answers a lot of the questions. I'll put it as a new thread - apologies though, it is monumental in size but I'd love to hear your points. The basis of it is, I think you can make sense of the situation and their actions - without following the line of "we are run by crooks and a secretive third party" etc.

• Backroom

Does anyone think the Rao family actually spend that much time on us? They have their own core business to run plus don't know what they are doing football wise and care factor regarding Rovers is clearly low.

I think they bought Rovers under the impression somebody else (I'll leave you to guess who) was going to run Rovers for them from the shadows and their involvement would be minimal. Now everything's gone tits up they're probably panicking wondering WTF to do.

I think they bought Rovers under the impression somebody else (I'll leave you to guess who) was going to run Rovers for them from the shadows and their involvement would be minimal. Now everything's gone tits up they're probably panicking wondering WTF to do.

That cannot be right. If it was they would have left John Williams and Tom Finn to run things for them. Instead they brought in the clowns. But the experts were pushed out.

• Backroom

That cannot be right. If it was they would have left John Williams and Tom Finn to run things for them. Instead they brought in the clowns. But the experts were pushed out.

You haven't read my post properly - look beneath the surface.

Archived