BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] First home game next season

I'll be there. I've always been about making a difference. I can't do that sat in a pub in Leeds. Unless of course the new regime decides that certain people are a problem and prevent them attending.

I thought exactly this as soon as Agnew was announced as GM.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt, when sat in 16th in the Championship after 20 games, Hughesy will stop tell the fans to 'get behind the lads'.

Then should we plummet down the table and end up going down, he will all be about 'unleashing hell on Kean and Venky's'. One protest a season won't make a different Hughesy, and is as fickle as it gets.

And as for calling MattyBlue a stalker, anyone who spends a bit of time on here knows your wishy washy stance. We've all seen the posts taking the p1ss out of the protesters, and we all saw you panicky plea to protest just before the Wigan game.

I'll be there. I've always been about making a difference. I can't do that sat in a pub in Leeds. Unless of course the new regime decides that certain people are a problem and prevent them attending.

Being sat in that pub in Leeds would be making much more of a difference.

Spot on Glenn, I can't see me ever wanting to be anywhere else but Ewood when there's a game involving Blackburn Rovers. Others can have their own opinion, I'll be there - same as a few thousand others.

Spot on Glenn, I can't see me ever wanting to be anywhere else but Ewood when there's a game involving Blackburn Rovers. Others can have their own opinion, I'll be there - same as a few thousand others.

I think most of us can't really imasgine ourselves being anywhere but Ewood if we are able to be there. However, we have chosen not to be there, hurting ourselves as much as anything because we simply cannot recognise the club as the one we started following whenever it was we did. I don't know what I'll do on Saturdays and midweek when Rovers are playing. I don't imagine it will be easy or pleasurable to know there is a game on and not be there if i could. However, it's a choice I and my family have made. We feel that putting our money into rovers at the moment is not a productive way of using it. We would simply be too frustrated and angered by the goings on and that would spoil a part of our lives. Usually we get over defeats within a day or so - we don't like them but they don't leave us feeling like defeats under Kean have done - each one more exquisitely painful that the last, leading to a slow drawn out decline into relegation. And so we've chosen not to get season tickets at the moment. We don't feel it makes us special or anything. We're not trying to impress. We understand that for some the choice not to renew simply did not exist because of children, or elderly relatives or friends who want to carry on going. We don't blame anyone for renewing, but we quite simply do not understand why you would want to when you know that you matter not one jot to those currently running the club and in fact they will do anything they can to make the whole Ewood experience as unpleasant as possible for you. However, that is your choice. To suggest that renewers or non-renewers are right or wrong is not good for the club - all i would ask is that if you haven't renewed yet, and season tickets ever go back on sale, you would think very carefully about buying a season ticket and make sure that you have thought it through , not just renwing out of some blind loyalty to a concept that no longer exists.

• Backroom

I don't imagine it will be easy or pleasurable to know there is a game on and not be there if i could.

I'm sure once you check the score Gumboots you'll find it a bit easier to take.

Good post, btw.

I think most of us can't really imasgine ourselves being anywhere but Ewood if we are able to be there. However, we have chosen not to be there, hurting ourselves as much as anything because we simply cannot recognise the club as the one we started following whenever it was we did. I don't know what I'll do on Saturdays and midweek when Rovers are playing.

To be honest, Gums, I'm not sure which is hardest:

Avoiding going to games, hurting and angry, knowing you want to be there, but having a little extra cash to spend on yourself or your family..

or

Going to games, facing miserable, low home crowds, criticised and belittled by other non-attending Rovers fans, to watch crap players, with a crap manager, and be used as a pawn in people's political games, whilst paying for the privilege...

I generally agree on Roberts, but Andrews I think would have done well for us in the midfield. He is not creatively brilliant, but he has the basic skills and a whole lot of heart. I think we fans really screwed up with our treatment of him.

Not sure if I agree with this. Andrews did the basics at right back and I would have played him there over Lowe but not Henley or Orr, but he lacked the basics in midfield and I've never seen a player so incapable of making a 5/10 yard pass under absolutely no pressure. Teams normally walked through our midfield anyway under Kean and they did the same past Andrews so I can only imagine players strolling through our midfield at will all game long......I know he might not have played that terribly for West Brom or Ireland but neither did Dann at Birmingham so it is irrelevant imo.

Roberts I would have kept to come on in the last 15/20 minutes on the rare occasions when we were winning to hold the ball up etc. I'm thinking games like Norwich away.....he would have been useful then. But basically every experienced player I would have kept as you need them in the dressing room and on the pitch as well as them being able to teach the younger players things.

You're an odd one Hughesy.

First you slaughtered the protesters, then you made yourself Protester-in-Chief, now you are instructing protesters to remain outside the ground?!

Don`t know why anyone bothers with Hughesy

The guy is usually so far embedded up the 'official line' arse of the club, you can just about see his toe-nails sticking out.

For about 2 games at the end of last season he looked like he was growing a backbone & stuck his head out from that arse.

....now he`s scurried back up & re-attached himself.

To be honest, Gums, I'm not sure which is hardest:

Avoiding going to games, hurting and angry, knowing you want to be there, but having a little extra cash to spend on yourself or your family..

or

Going to games, facing miserable, low home crowds, criticised and belittled by other non-attending Rovers fans, to watch crap players, with a crap manager, and be used as a pawn in people's political games, whilst paying for the privilege...

Precisely - which is why there should not be this criticism all the time from st holders and non st holders alike. I understand the reasons why so many have renewed. I don't understand those who don't have the family/friendship ties to make them go, but those who have kids or whoever who need to be accompanied, that I understand. However, all have a right to make up their own ind and all suffer the consequences of their decision whichever way it goes. I told a colleague who had renewed that i thought she was daft, but we moved on to talk about other things- we've not fallen out over it, because if fans fall out big style then it will take even longer to get things back on track when the plague that currently lingers over Ewood is wiped out.

Precisely - which is why there should not be this criticism all the time from st holders and non st holders alike. I understand the reasons why so many have renewed. I don't understand those who don't have the family/friendship ties to make them go, but those who have kids or whoever who need to be accompanied, that I understand. However, all have a right to make up their own ind and all suffer the consequences of their decision whichever way it goes. I told a colleague who had renewed that i thought she was daft, but we moved on to talk about other things- we've not fallen out over it, because if fans fall out big style then it will take even longer to get things back on track when the plague that currently lingers over Ewood is wiped out.

And we need to keep it that way.

Not sure if I agree with this. Andrews did the basics at right back and I would have played him there over Lowe but not Henley or Orr, but he lacked the basics in midfield and I've never seen a player so incapable of making a 5/10 yard pass under absolutely no pressure. Teams normally walked through our midfield anyway under Kean and they did the same past Andrews so I can only imagine players strolling through our midfield at will all game long......I know he might not have played that terribly for West Brom or Ireland but neither did Dann at Birmingham so it is irrelevant imo.

You appear to have a version of events in your head that has no bearing with reality.

No-one strolled through our midfield when Andrews played. Allardyce rated Andrews so highly, he often played him out of position, often starting there leaving other players on the bench who supposedly played there full time, e.g. at centre back leaving Kishanishvilli unplayed. Why would Allardyce repeatedly start Andrews at centre back if players strolled through him?

Sam Allardyce must be a fool when it comes to football though and Steve Kean a genuis eh? Roy Hodgson again a fool. And Trappatoni of course he's a fool. Only Kean didn't rate Andrews highly it seems, yet all those other managers did. Weird.

I wonder why those supremely talented managers never ever saw Andrews letting players stroll through our midfield like you did? It's because it only happened in your head. I'm guessing you just can't see when you were just wrong sometimes though.

Our fans treated Andrews disgracefully. The team wasn't playing badly, and we weren't in dire straights as a club; we were doing alright but our fans still saw fit to boo Andrews, and many on here encouraged it. It was a proper shameful episode for our fans, and one that I'm sure did have repercusions with players feeling less loyalty towards the club, and some professionals viewing us as moronic. If there is such a thing as karma, we have certainly reaped a whirlwind in return though.

Exactly the things that Hughsey is saying is the worst things fans can do, we did to Andrews, for no apparent reason apart from a selfish, self-centred attitude that he could never be good enough because he came from a lower division. I can see why people are saying Hughsey is a hypocrit therefore, because exactly what he is saying is terrible, I don't remember him saying was at all with Andrews. I'm sure it was the opposite in fact.

Sam Allardyce must be a fool when it comes to football though and Steve Kean a genuis eh? Roy Hodgson again a fool. And Trappatoni of course he's a fool. Only Kean didn't rate Andrews highly it seems, yet all those other managers did. Weird.

I can't believe that I'm going to say this but I thought that Kean did rate Andrews but wasn't strong enough to keep picking him in the face of the concerted efforts of a large section of the Rovers fans to hound Andrews out of the club.

I would have him back tomorrow for the Championship, maybe he is one of those players who is in the Mark Atkins mode, not flashy, does a job and is a solid team player - who is much unappreciated by a section of the crowd. That group have now moved onto Pederson but with a bit of luck they won't be at Ewood to pile their anger onto players who wear Blue and White.

Kneejerk.

Emphasis on the jerk.

Ah the 2nd stalker is here..... Go stroke one off to your latest issue of nuts.

Don`t know why anyone bothers with Hughesy

The guy is usually so far embedded up the 'official line' arse of the club, you can just about see his toe-nails sticking out.

For about 2 games at the end of last season he looked like he was growing a backbone & stuck his head out from that arse.

....now he`s scurried back up & re-attached himself.

Dont know why but everytime I see your name it reminds me of another word for the female genital area....rather apt.

Didn't he play there like once, for 45 mins?

No, he played a few games there. Full un's too.

Bloody hell, who set Jonnolad off?

Lol, you are of course completely right.

I know it myself, but I just can't help wasting my time on it. Must....resist.....urge.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Th Keith Andrews thing doesn't bother me at all any more. I'm so beat down about what's happened over the last 18 months that it's an irrelevance.

I think we can all agree though that teams strolled right through our midfield over the last 6 months. Disgraceful.

What were the figures on players in and out? Was it something like 14 in and 30 out?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Th Keith Andrews thing doesn't bother me at all any more. I'm so beat down about what's happened over the last 18 months that it's an irrelevance.

I'm the same now. Ever watch the Sopranos? I feel like Sil now when he keeps copying Al Pacino; "just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

Last post for me on Andrews. Can't be arsed any more. Bigger fish to fry at Rovers now unfortunately.

The good news is we're pretty much all together on this one.

Archived