BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] First home game next season

They own Ewood but not the free hold. That means, as long as it remains a football Ground for the purpose of playing football they own it. If however Venkys tried to sell it for housing development it reverts to the free holder, which is the Walker trust I believe. The Walker Trust own the brockhall complex and lease it to Venkys. Thats what I've been told. I would bow to someones superior knowledge though.

Add in to that their apparent wishes to completely disenfranchise the supply base, through a series of stupid decisions, and I have to wonder if there is a number (of supporters) below which they will no longer have to continue as a football club - releasing these "covenants".

It seems fairly obvious that they do not want to create a successful football club yet, most importantly, they won't sell, so it can only be that there is some other value they view the club can provide (to them), or they simply don't care and need to make us self-financing.

The trouble is with the amount of fans turning away we will only be able to self-finance in League 2 or lower.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say thats how it was for most people, and the reason was that keeping Rovers in the premier league was more important than getting rid of Kean and Venkys. Thats something I don't think the hardcore of protestors have ever understood, presumably because they think if we get rid of Venkys we could get promoted again. No chance in my opinion, we'll never have the financial muscle and we're stuck here now.

So as the most important thing has already been lost...

Maybe the hardcore protestors simply have a different opinion about what 'the most important thing' for Blackburn Rovers is.

For example, they might wonder whether Premiership football is more important than a club's soul.

My mate works at the football league...he says fixtures have been done.

We play leeds away first.

Leeds fans are getting hot under the collar about Papa Smurf but i'm sure we can gift then 3 points.

Can't stand going to Leeds, stuffed up in the corner of an old stand, spit on, they really are nasty in the main.

They do have alot of knuckle draggers. Typical Yorkshire, always having to prove how 'hard' they are. Such a shame they have a camp accent :lol:

Sorry...my brother...a leeds fan, got my login...taking the piiss....I have no idea who we play first game... :(

It could be Brazil 1970 for all I care. I still can't and don't believe we'll turn up as it is.

Bring on Aministration. Get them all OUT.

Archived