BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ST Renewing / Not Renewing & Reasons

None-Renewal Reasons  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Last season I had a season ticket. This year I don't and the follow statements are true) tick all that apply

• The division we are in played a part in my decision
    • The manager played a part in my decision
    • The owners played a part in my decision
    • The cost played a part in my decision
    • Lifestyle changes (e.g. moving) played a part in my decision
    • I will renew once Steve Kean has gone
    • I will renew once we have new owners
    • I will renew once we are better run (regardless of the owners / manager)
    • I will renew once we are back in the premiership
    • I'm not ever likely to renew
    • I will still attend some home games
    • I will still attend some away game
    • I'm not likely to attend any Rovers games now
    • N/A - I *WILL* be renewing (or have already renewed)
    • N/A - I didn't have a season ticket last season and still wont
    • N/A - I didn't have a season ticket last season, but will this season

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably going to get shot down for this, but that 8000 isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Let's get one things straight, sales would NEVER have been 0, 1000, 2000 etc, so there's no point campaigning for it.

The club has to have some kind of matchgoing fanbase in place, otherwise post Venky's BRFC will have even less chance of getting back on track.

That implies that at some point they were on track. We could have 25,000 season ticket holders and I still very much doubt Venkys would discover what the track even is.

If it has already risen to 8,000 (which I find pretty questionable) and continues to rise, then it seems Venkys/Kean will get away with it again. Thats not a big enough drop to remove their "its just relegation" excuse.

We'll never be 'on track' with Venky's.

What I'm trying to say is that if by the time they feck off we are down to say 4/5000 ST holders, we will never again get close to a decent match going fanbase.

That's something Agnew in particular should be aware of. He's on another planet at the moment though.

We'll never be 'on track' with Venky's.

What I'm trying to say is that if by the time they feck off we are down to say 4/5000 ST holders, we will never again get close to a decent match going fanbase.

Apologies, just read it properly and noticed the post-Venkys. I think the amount of returners depends on how long they're around. 2-3 years I think would be recoverable to somewhere between the current level and the level we had under the Trust.

I was told Tuesday that the number was getting upto towards 8000 on renewals now, which shocked me tbh, but can't see there being many more , I fancied a crowd of 14000 for hull game and think ithat will be close

Looks like Kean and Anderson win and Blackburn loses.

Didn't have one last season, but I am this season. Main reason, different grounds, different opposition, plenty of derbies (Lancashire and Yorkshire). Was bored of Premier League, yes okay it's best league in world some would say (I wouldn't say it was, especially in terms of quality, I would rank it behind Germany and Spain), but I wasn't enjoying it.

Ahhh Eddie. Nice to hear from you. Suffice to say that until a few weeks ago Messrs Agnew, Shaw and Hendry had all seen better days albeit quite some years ago. I'd wager not one of them needed asking twice thats for sure.

btw why exactly are you participating on this thread?

Nope just there to support the team

So you're back in your world of unicorns and rainbows, covering your ears saying "lah lah lah lah everything will be OK"? Forgotten last season already?

You remind me of that dog in 'Up'. ;)

It's hardly a vote of confidence. Some people, myself included, simply believe that you support a team and that involves attending matches when time and finances allow. We all want the club to be successful, in order for that to happen the club does actually need supporters in the stadium.

I can understand why people are frustrated enough that they have decided to boycott matches, but they also then have to understand that there will be plenty of fans, who despite being unhappy with the manager and the owners, will still want to attend matches and support the TEAM for 90 minutes.

Realistically, the financial contribution of the fans is a drop in the ocean. Even if there was a total boycott the club wouldn't see a significant drop-off on its revenue. Where the club would see the effects is in the atmosphere in the stadium and how it might change performances, player attitudes and the ability to sign players. A boycott is unlikely to change how the owners feel about the club, but it may do irreparable damage to other aspects of the club.

When the manager and owner are gone some might find that their decision to stay away has done more damage than good.

When the manager and owner are gone some might find that their decision to stay away has done more damage than good.

Are you for real Eddie? The owners have done more damage to the club in 10 months than anyone else has ever done.

"The fans might damage the club" :D ........ give over lad.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. The owners and management have done tremendous damage to the club in the last 18 months, but that doesn't mean that the situation is unsalvageable or that the fans can't contribute to that damage.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. The owners and management have done tremendous damage to the club in the last 18 months, but that doesn't mean that the situation is unsalvageable or that the fans can't contribute to that damage.

When fans don't feel needed Eddie, they find other things to do. Pontificate all you like, but this is what happens. The 1960 FA Cup final proved that.

I'm not doubting that it will happen and I'm not questioning the reasons why people are choosing to stay away, they have every right to. What I do have a problem with is people who genuinely believe that staying away is in the best interest of the club, because that is totally wrong. You can be fed up with the situation and be tired of spending money to watch subpar football, but staying away is not going to lead to Kean getting the sack, it won't lead to Venkys leaving and it won't help the squad get back into the Premier League.

If we had not been relegated then a boycott may have been effective, but the fact is, now that we have gone down, the owners, media and everyone involved will simply look at us as a small town club that has lost interest in a club that is no longer in the top flight. The analysis, right or wrong, will go no further than that. It will harm the atmosphere at home on matchdays and it will harm our attempts to sign new players and, in doing that, it will only reduce our chances of making it back to the Premier League.

I'm not doubting that it will happen and I'm not questioning the reasons why people are choosing to stay away, they have every right to. What I do have a problem with is people who genuinely believe that staying away is in the best interest of the club, because that is totally wrong. You can be fed up with the situation and be tired of spending money to watch subpar football, but staying away is not going to lead to Kean getting the sack, it won't lead to Venkys leaving and it won't help the squad get back into the Premier League.

If we had not been relegated then a boycott may have been effective, but the fact is, now that we have gone down, the owners, media and everyone involved will simply look at us as a small town club that has lost interest in a club that is no longer in the top flight. The analysis, right or wrong, will go no further than that. It will harm the atmosphere at home on matchdays and it will harm our attempts to sign new players and, in doing that, it will only reduce our chances of making it back to the Premier League.

So many things that are off target there Eddie.

First and most importantly, I don't think people are staying away because they are hoping to change things. They are staying away because they don't like what they've seen, so aren't prepared to back the Raos or Kean. If the club don't give two hoots for the fans or their views, a lot of them will simply stay away - whether it changes anything or not. Talk of a boycott is wide of the mark, just as it was in 1960. The fans didn't want to change anything then either, they just said "if that's the way you want to treat us, you can stuff it". They went and never came back. So that kind of demolishes your main argument straight away.

As for "but staying away is not going to lead to Kean getting the sack, it won't lead to Venkys leaving" - well you're making opinions into facts there. You're sounding like Glenn :D . Personally, I think that if the ground was empty, then the Raos would have to change their ways, because their position would be completely untenable - and it would, there can be no doubt about that. So it's just a matter of how many need to stay away before the owners have to listen. We've already had that discussion though.

Then you say "What I do have a problem with is people who genuinely believe that staying away is in the best interest of the club" - well, some people will think that any way that gets rid of the Raos, is in the best interests of the club.

In the PL you could play on empty grounds and still be in the money. IMO in the hope/expectation of promotion the 'owners' have leveraged us against assets and if we do not go up this Season - well Armageggon will arrive pretty damm quick Sh1thole Singer or not.

Archived