BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ST Renewing / Not Renewing & Reasons

None-Renewal Reasons  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Last season I had a season ticket. This year I don't and the follow statements are true) tick all that apply

• The division we are in played a part in my decision
    • The manager played a part in my decision
    • The owners played a part in my decision
    • The cost played a part in my decision
    • Lifestyle changes (e.g. moving) played a part in my decision
    • I will renew once Steve Kean has gone
    • I will renew once we have new owners
    • I will renew once we are better run (regardless of the owners / manager)
    • I will renew once we are back in the premiership
    • I'm not ever likely to renew
    • I will still attend some home games
    • I will still attend some away game
    • I'm not likely to attend any Rovers games now
    • N/A - I *WILL* be renewing (or have already renewed)
    • N/A - I didn't have a season ticket last season and still wont
    • N/A - I didn't have a season ticket last season, but will this season

So Eddie don't dictate to others before informing us how many times have you visited Ewood since that lot turned up? With you living in Paris I doubt you've been at all and certainly not more than the fingers of one hand. If that is indeed the case then what on earth givesyou the right to lecture regular long standing supporters?

Let me tell you it's been drastic. I couldn't bear to watch our demise and thats why I didn't buy a ST last season never mind this one. I've a mate who despite being a ST holder for many years has never been since Spurs home last autumn when he found himself hoping for Spurs to win! As I have said recently on here there are just two things which connect me to BRFC ... blue and white halves and Ewood Park. After that the whole current shabang just leaves me cold. To tell you the truth I rather enjoyed getting Sat afternoons to myself last season. If many share my view across the country then I think that at long last English football is in for one massive shake up. About time too cos the present model has run it's course imo.

btw I didn't know you were a 'backroom man'.....

....... but I've long suspected it! -_-

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not dictating to others, I'm expressing my own opinion on the subject and have even said that I can understand why a fan may choose to save their money and stay away.

I don't attend anywhere near the same number of games as most on here do, particularly home games, but I get to a couple each season. Next year I should be making it to more as I'll be in the UK a lot more. It's an unfair attack that you have regularly directed at fans living abroad, it takes a few of us more effort to get to a single home match than it takes many to get to every single one, so it's not really a fair comparison.

As for the 'shake-up of English football', well that's not happening. The new TV deal was bigger than the last and I don't think that is a trend that will stop anytime soon. The Premier League is becoming increasingly popular abroad and more efficient at exploiting new and developing markets, that is where the money is. They could play every game to empty stadiums and so long as SKY, BT and the foreign TV providers kept writing the cheques every club would be fine with it. That's the reality and it won't change anytime soon.

As for the 'shake-up of English football', well that's not happening. The new TV deal was bigger than the last and I don't think that is a trend that will stop anytime soon. The Premier League is becoming increasingly popular abroad and more efficient at exploiting new and developing markets, that is where the money is. They could play every game to empty stadiums and so long as SKY, BT and the foreign TV providers kept writing the cheques every club would be fine with it. That's the reality and it won't change anytime soon.

Except the Raos screwed up, keep Kean and as a consequence got the club relegated. Which means they're only getting 14 million in TV money for 2 years and then 8 million for 2 years then nothing except the pittance paid to Championship teams.

If each season and walk on ticket averages about 400£ per annum for the club that means every 10,000 fans equals 4 million £. 20,000 fans equals 8 million. Merchandize, food and drink means more.

So if 20,000 fans boycotted, the Raos would take a 8 million plus £ hit. In comparison to the 14 million parachute payment that is hardly a drop in the bucket. Heck, even 10,000 fans staying away with 10,000 attending is a significant hit to the club's finances while in the Championship.

That doesn't even consider that the fewer supporters in Ewood the less effective the crowd is as a 12th man.

All things considered, both financial and morale, the Raos continue to demonstrate their stupidity in backing Kean.

They could play every game to empty stadiums and so long as SKY, BT and the foreign TV providers kept writing the cheques every club would be fine with it. That's the reality and it won't change anytime soon.

You keep falling down with these opinions being made as fact. If no fans whatsoever went to football games Eddie, then [iMO] the game would be dead on it's feet. No people attending equates to there being no interest in the game. No interest in the game makes it impossible to attract sponsorship. The game in general - and BRFC - depend on fans attending games. The more fans attending Ewood makes the owners position more tenable. The less fans attending makes them less tenable. That really has to be accepted.

I'm not dictating to others, I'm expressing my own opinion on the subject and have even said that I can understand why a fan may choose to save their money and stay away.

I don't attend anywhere near the same number of games as most on here do, particularly home games, but I get to a couple each season. Next year I should be making it to more as I'll be in the UK a lot more. It's an unfair attack that you have regularly directed at fans living abroad, it takes a few of us more effort to get to a single home match than it takes many to get to every single one, so it's not really a fair comparison.

It takes exactly the same effort to support the club by buying a Season Ticket eddie if that is what you want to do. There is nothing in the terms and conditions which state that attendance is compulsory.

So get on with it and prove what a committed supporter you are!

Where in my post did I mention the Premier League? That particular playground no longer concerns BRFC. You have fallen into the same trap that the media and press everywhere have fallen into in thinking that the Premier League is all there is and that all football supporters in England must be a supporter of it.

You said 'English football'. English football is driven by the Premier League. So long as the top flight is a success most people will view English football as being a success. Clearly I have fallen into the trap that thinking the only league in England is the Premier League, that makes perfect sense considering the fact that I am about to support a team in the Championship, just as I did over a decade ago. Good logic.

As for asking foreign fans to pay for season tickets that they basically can't use, well I have done it once in the past, as fantastic a deal as it is, it is still asking a lot for people to spend 200+ on something that they may only use twice. It is something that I have contemplated and have come very close to doing, but it doesn't make much sense. I will happily support the club with my wallet, but there has to be some sense to it sometimes.

Den, I was creating a situation where no fans were attending matches but people were still subscribing to the SKY sports packages and international interest was still there. My point was that it is the TV revenue that drives it, not attendances. If every fan that stops going to watch games still subscribes to SKY then they are still feeding money to the club.

The more fans attending Ewood makes the owners position more tenable. The less fans attending makes them less tenable. That really has to be accepted.

Would you accept that the fewer fans attending may have a negative impact on any perspective purchase ? We haven't the biggest fan base anyway. I am also not convinced that everybody that is staying away because of Kean will automatically come flooding back if he were sacked and we changed owners.

So you could argue - more fans attending - more chance of getting rid of the current owners.

I am also not convinced that everybody that is staying away because of Kean will automatically come flooding back if he were sacked and we changed owners.

Who is convinced? The ONLY and final chance we had of salvaging the fanbase was that man being removed this summer, he hasn't, so a majority of non renewers won't ever return.

Even then people would have complained about our new appointment, our summer signings or the fact that Venkys were still here.

We've become a moany old lot.

No, SK is the single most unpopular figure in the history of this club, his removal would have seen thousands renew in the days following the sacking.

Even then people would have complained about our new appointment, our summer signings or the fact that Venkys were still here.

The club is no longer there for the community, it is there to serve other interests.

It ill-becomes anyone to suggest that fans staying away are hurting the club. When the club is being run as it is, the club is taking the ###### out of people still attending. The idea that fans can still go along and make a difference when there is an incompetent in the dug-out and poor, unmotivated players on the pitch is laughable.

The club has had the heart and soul ripped out of it and some people carry on as if nothing's happened. Mind-boggling.

What's happened to this club over the last 18 months has been nothing short of heart-breaking.

I suppose it comes down to how you view supporting a club. I'm of the opinion that you take the rough with the smooth and support the club through pretty much anything, but that is just how I look at it.

I suppose it comes down to how you view supporting a club. I'm of the opinion that you take the rough with the smooth and support the club through pretty much anything, but that is just how I look at it.

On the pitch? Sure. Even for 99% of off pitch matters

But we currently have owners who are acting the part of vandals. We have a management team who is not qualified and insults the fans at every available opportunity. Our best players and leaders are sold, replaced by those nowhere near as talented.

Venkys single most important goal seems to support Kean. All other considerations appear secondary. End result = a disaffected fan base. If Venkys want to come to grips with the mess they've made they need to look in a mirror, sack Kean, Agnew etc. and call John Williams or Tom Finn and beg forgiveness. If they take their advice pronto we might have a chance of promotion.

You can look at it anyway you like, I'm just being realistic, not sacking Kean has cost us thousands of supporters for good.

Albeit from afar. :rolleyes: Eddie be honest....you do not support BRFC! You just 'follow' them! You talk the talk but lets face the facts, you support the club about as much as I do these days.... it's the first result that you look for at 4.55pm on a saturday and thats it. Difference is that after spending countless thousands on ST's and awaydays that I've come down to your level.

If you want to pontificate and have people take notice of you then do as I say and buy a ST. If you purchase one then whether you use it or not might matter to you but it is completely irrelevent to the club. You will however have done your bit to support and give your backing to the club and it's owners and help in a small way to pay the players wages wont you?

We've always been a moany old lot - it's what most fans do most of the time. Even City fans want more. However, you are seriously divorced from the reality here in Blackburn if you can't see the difference this time around. People detest Kean and what he has done to our team. No amount of going to the ground and makiing cheerful noises to support the team will make any difference whatsoever to the results while he is manager and there is no chance bridges can be built between fans and owners whilst Kean is still there. Some may waver but the hardcore will not and there are plenty of them around. Moaning about your summer signings, the new appointment etc is par for the course, but the level of dislike and antipathy to put it mildly towards Kean is unprecedented in my experience. So you carry on attending if you wish - I don't have a problem with that - but do not dare to suggest that it is fans protesting who may damage the club in the long term - it is Venkys and Kean and associates who have done that all by themselves. Driving us out is just their latest act of folly.

Well don't be surprised if that point of view finds little sympathy down Ewood way.

People are entitled to vote with their feet, particularly since it's not the most affluent area of the UK.

Good luck to any Rovers fans in Re-Newing or not!

Have we not been through enough these last couple of seasons to find ourselves allowing what Kean and co have done usi.e makin fight and bicker between ourselves. Your not a true supporter if you do this or that blah blah blah!

Until Kean has gone I and the MAJORITY of fans will not be going on Ewood, what that man has done is absolutely disgracefull, he has hurt me, my family, the local community, businesses and countless other good people like yourselves!

I detest that man and CANNOT ever face seeing him on the touchlines at my beloved Ewood ever again, last season (Wigan) was awful, i thought he would surely resign.

The only reasonable explanation i can come up with, would be what we have all been thinking for the last year and that is Kean has a large stake in the club, he knows he's going nowhere!

Good luck to all fans and players etc.. of Rovers, lets hope Kean won't be there for much longer, he will go some time soon i'm sure, and when he does i reckon we'll see scenes like when we won the premier league in 95!

Albeit from afar. :rolleyes: Eddie be honest....you do not support BRFC! You just 'follow' them! You talk the talk but lets face the facts, you support the club about as much as I do these days.... it's the first result that you look for at 4.55pm on a saturday and thats it. Difference is that after spending countless thousands on ST's and awaydays that I've come down to your level.

If you want to pontificate and have people take notice of you then do as I say and buy a ST. If you purchase one then whether you use it or not might matter to you but it is completely irrelevent to the club. You will however have done your bit to support and give your backing to the club and it's owners and help in a small way to pay the players wages wont you?

I'll end this particular discussion by simply saying that I not only attender our last home match, but I brought four people along with me who had never attended a Rovers match. Each one bought a shirt. Three of them bought a scarf. I then spent in excess of 200 pounds in the club shop. So you can say that I don't support Rovers because I don't attend every match, but I give them my money and I get to the games that I can. This isn't a question of who has the bigger d*ck, don't turn it into one...you won't win.

I wouldn't worry Eddie, by his own recent definition thenodrog is no longer a Rovers supporter so the arguments don't stand up in the first place.

We buy our Season-Tickets this season IN SPITE of the Management and Owners. That is defiance.

Ewood Park inside and (I hope) outside will have Protests,whatever the team's position in the league.

Everyone else then becomes an ex-fan and I discount their views.

Archived