BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Garra Dembele

Jamesw1982

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me get this straight, he was due to play a game after training with the club but got into a little bother for smoking and decided to do one and went back home? That seems a little far fetched!

• Backroom

Perhaps he went to the game to see the team play, saw how our supporters protestors were, and thought....no thanks

This seems a bit of a u-turn for what you were saying a while back

Sure it's a new season but the problem still remains the same, people shouldn't have to meekly accept that

Perhaps he went to the game to see the team play, saw how our supporters protestors were, and thought....no thanks

Sure it's a new season but the problem still remains the same, people shouldn't have to meekly accept that

Aye what happened to the grand idea of linking arms around the ground with other protestors to physically stop people from going in??

Shame we can't ALL be as loyal and faithfull to BRFC as you Hughesy as I'm sure you will agree.

Lol he wasnt evern there, so your theory has just been thrown out.There was pleanty of support for the team yesterday, was a good turn out by Rovers fans. Yes there were 'Kean Out' chants but there was also lots of support for the players playing on the pitch.

You seriously thought that I was being serious?? FFS!!

See post below

Is their an award for hypocrite of the year - Which way will the wind be blowing next week Hughesy?

Why?? I didnt protest in the ground last season whilst we were mathematically still in it.....then when it was all over, I agreed he should be given hell....Now its back to start of a season, I see no part in creating EVEN MORE problems for the team I support when surely we all want them to get back to the big league???

Aye what happened to the grand idea of linking arms around the ground with other protestors to physically stop people from going in??

That was simply an IDEA for THOSE WHO ARE NOT GOING IN....not those IN THE GROUND!!! IN the ground, the fans should SUPPORT the players 100%.....constant chants of Kean out, Venkys out or anything else....doesnt help the players one bit, and wont send off a good message to any possible signings either.

.....constant chants of Kean out, Venkys out or anything else....doesnt help the players one bit, and wont send off a good message to any possible signings either.

So be it.

That's the way it has to be. 'Kean Out' each and every game until he's gone.

That was simply an IDEA for THOSE WHO ARE NOT GOING IN....not those IN THE GROUND!!! IN the ground, the fans should SUPPORT the players 100%.....constant chants of Kean out, Venkys out or anything else....doesnt help the players one bit, and wont send off a good message to any possible signings either.

:unsure::wacko::blink:

Why?? I didnt protest in the ground last season whilst we were mathematically still in it.....then when it was all over, I agreed he should be given hell....Now its back to start of a season, I see no part in creating EVEN MORE problems for the team I support when surely we all want them to get back to the big league???

So last season in your mind the best idea was to wait until Kean relegated us - inevitable to most Rovers fans from Xmas onwards - THEN protest AFTER it had happened, despite the evidence showing all season that protests had had absolutely no effect on results? Perhaps if more people hadn't sat on their hands with their heads in la-la land like you the numbers might have been enough to tip the balance before it was too late.

You STILL just don't get it do you? Any true Rovers fan, with the long-term best interests of the club at heart would prefer another relegation to be rid of the nefarious and malevolent goings on of Kean/Venky's and that other tosspot who can't be named. Kean WILL NOT get us promoted - to think otherwise is plain stupidity - the ONLY thing Rovers fans should be concentrating on next season is blasting Kean - mercilessly - for 90 minutes, every game until he's gone. If it affects the team and we lose - good. It will either force Venky's hand or see us relegated again which should see them sell up and f*** off. If it doesn't? We do the same next season and if necessary drop into League 2.

The aim next season is NOT promotion - at least not until Kean is gone. The initial aim is getting rid of Kean - until that happens nothing else matters.

So last season in your mind the best idea was to wait until Kean relegated us - inevitable to most Rovers fans from Xmas onwards - THEN protest AFTER it had happened, despite the evidence showing all season that protests had had absolutely no effect on results? Perhaps if more people hadn't sat on their hands with their heads in la-la land like you the numbers might have been enough to tip the balance before it was too late.

You STILL just don't get it do you? Any true Rovers fan, with the long-term best interests of the club at heart would prefer another relegation to be rid of the nefarious and malevolent goings on of Kean/Venky's and that other tosspot who can't be named. Kean WILL NOT get us promoted - to think otherwise is plain stupidity - the ONLY thing Rovers fans should be concentrating on next season is blasting Kean - mercilessly - for 90 minutes, every game until he's gone. If it affects the team and we lose - good. It will either force Venky's hand or see us relegated again which should see them sell up and f*** off. If it doesn't? We do the same next season and if necessary drop into League 2.

The aim next season is NOT promotion - at least not until Kean is gone. The initial aim is getting rid of Kean - until that happens nothing else matters.

I can`t believe any person that calls themself a supporter could write such complete and utter c#@p.seriously ,How old are you?.If you are so anger locked and bitter that you would see the club sink into oblivion so that you can get your own way then you are not worthy of calling yourself a true fan.

It is you that does not get it....Kean is not going anywhere!!!! Constant barracking is not going to change that. We all know he is useless.

You seriously thought that I was being serious?? FFS!!

See post below

The problem with that theory Hughesy is the evidence doesn't support it. Where you at Swansea and several other away grounds when the fans got behind the team but the team simply failed to turn up? If folk chanting about the manager is sufficent to derail these highly paid individuals then you really have to ask if they are fit to wear the blue and white shirt in the first place.

I'm opposed to Kean as much as anyone but I'll be going to matches hoping that we win in order to get back into the Premier League to me that is the only thing that matters. With Kean we know it is not likely to happen but in 50 years of supporting the club I've never gone to a match hoping that we will lose. I simply don't understand that mentality. Criticise by all means, chant against the manager and the owners buy all means but ultimately all supporters must surely want to see their team win don't they?

I can`t believe any person that calls themself a supporter could write such complete and utter c#@p.seriously ,How old are you?.If you are so anger locked and bitter that you would see the club sink into oblivion so that you can get your own way then you are not worthy of calling yourself a true fan.

It is you that does not get it....Kean is not going anywhere!!!! Constant barracking is not going to change that. We all know he is useless.

What's the definition of a true fan? For me it's someone who wants the best for the club.

What's the best for the club right now? Getting rid of (1) Kean, then (2) Venky's - by whatever means.

If that means us losing some games then so be it - hopefully short term pain for longer term gain.

It's not "getting my own way" numbnuts, it's me and thousands of others wanting our club back.

From your post it's clear that you're the one with anger issues. You just sit there next season dumb and happy, so long as we're winning games it's all rainbows, unicorns and fluffy pink clouds - never mind last season, never mind the club taking the p*** out of it's own fans, and never mind Steve Kean laughing his balls off at your expense as he rips the heart out of the club and we pay it to make him a millionaire for doing so.

I'm opposed to Kean as much as anyone but I'll be going to matches hoping that we win in order to get back into the Premier League to me that is the only thing that matters. With Kean we know it is not likely to happen but in 50 years of supporting the club I've never gone to a match hoping that we will lose. I simply don't understand that mentality. Criticise by all means, chant against the manager and the owners buy all means but ultimately all supporters must surely want to see their team win don't they?

Conversly, I don't understand this "if we start winning a few games it glosses over the last 20 months" mentality. If we win a percentage of games, even 1 in every 4, that's probably enough for Venky's to justify keeping Kean.

Would I rather we get off to a terrible start and lose 8 games to see Kean sacked? Absolutely. Now I know there's no guarantee that even that would spell his demise, but hope's all we've got left. Do I enjoy seeing us lose? Absolutely not - it hurts like hell.

Getting back into the Premier League is never going to happen with this manager - therefore as painful as it is to see us lose, if that's what it takes to be rid of him then so be it.

Conversly, I don't understand this "if we start winning a few games it glosses over the last 20 months" mentality. If we win a percentage of games, even 1 in every 4, that's probably enough for Venky's to justify keeping Kean.

Would I rather we get off to a terrible start and lose 8 games to see Kean sacked? Absolutely. Now I know there's no guarantee that even that would spell his demise, but hope's all we've got left. Do I enjoy seeing us lose? Absolutely not - it hurts like hell.

Getting back into the Premier League is never going to happen with this manager - therefore as painful as it is to see us lose, if that's what it takes to be rid of him then so be it.

I don't think anyone is going to gloss over the past 18 months. Winning a few games isn't going to do that. However, winning a few games might help us get back to the top flight and that is the only thing that matters. Perhaps you aren't old enough to remember post 65-66 when our exile from the top division lasted a quarter of a century and gates dropped to three, four and five thousand. The only thing that matters is that the Rovers get back to the Premier League as quickly as possible. You only have to look at Preston who went down with a decent side in 1960 and have spent over half a century outside of the top division. The long term future for the Rovers without Premier League football is going to be extremely bleak. Once fans turn their backs on the club it takes an awful lot to get them back and usually it means getting success on the pitch before they return and that, of course, will take a huge amount of money.

However, before these fans are lost for good there is one simple move that would bring most, though not all of the back, and that's kean's sacking. Most are still here waiting to buy a season ticket because so far they have only found the ordinary summer Saturday things to do. Get into the season and other things will start to take over for many. That's why now, not 5 or 10 games into the season, is the chance to avoid the real exodus of fans. Why nobody at club level wants to see that or if they can see it, is unable or unwilling to do anything about it, is the real puzzle, unless there really is some of the funny business going on that is speculated about on here so often. If Singh has the ear of the woman, as we are led to believe then why not tell her? He presumably stil has a job to go back to in wherever it was if he gets thrown out here - in fact he may become more employable because even with a pay off not to talk, who'd guarantee he wouldn't?

I agree with lots of different people on here, Kean does need to go because he isn't up to the challenge but I, like many people here do NOT want to see the club lose! We need to win as many games as possible in order to get back up! Otherwise we WILL end up stuck like Preston!

I agree with lots of different people on here, Kean does need to go because he isn't up to the challenge but I, like many people here do NOT want to see the club lose! We need to win as many games as possible in order to get back up! Otherwise we WILL end up stuck like Preston!

Sorry but you can't have both. One or the other.

There's no way we will get promoted with Kean in charge.

There's no way we will get promoted with the current squad.

With Kean in charge, we will finish closer to relegation than promotion.

What's the definition of a true fan? For me it's someone who wants the best for the club.

What's the best for the club right now? Getting rid of (1) Kean, then (2) Venky's - by whatever means.

If that means us losing some games then so be it - hopefully short term pain for longer term gain.

It's not "getting my own way" numbnuts, it's me and thousands of others wanting our club back.

From your post it's clear that you're the one with anger issues. You just sit there next season dumb and happy, so long as we're winning games it's all rainbows, unicorns and fluffy pink clouds - never mind last season, never mind the club taking the p*** out of it's own fans, and never mind Steve Kean laughing his balls off at your expense as he rips the heart out of the club and we pay it to make him a millionaire for doing so.

There you go again talking complete boll@cks.

A true fan is someone that supports his club through thick and thin despite what is happening behind closed doors.

There is no such thing as short term pain if we don`t get back up soon the money will be gone along with the owners and BRFC will not exist.

It is NOT your club it is venkys club, they own the club and unfortunately they decide what happens to the club and they have decided Kean stays.

As far as your Quote "so long as we're winning games it's all rainbows, unicorns and fluffy pink clouds " that is a big fat YES.

If or should I say when we start losing again the best we can hope for is that the owners get rid of the idiot and hope he doesn`t drag us down too far .

The last sentence of course doesn`t apply to you because your the idiot that wants to cut his nose off to spite his face. Oh and with regards to my testicles ,they are not at all numb ,in fact I`ve just had an itch. ^_^

There you go again talking complete boll@cks.

1 - A true fan is someone that supports his club through thick and thin despite what is happening behind closed doors.

2 - There is no such thing as short term pain if we don`t get back up soon the money will be gone along with the owners and BRFC will not exist.

3 - It is NOT your club it is venkys club, they own the club and unfortunately they decide what happens to the club and they have decided Kean stays.

4 - As far as your Quote "so long as we're winning games it's all rainbows, unicorns and fluffy pink clouds " that is a big fat YES.

If or should I say when we start losing again the best we can hope for is that the owners get rid of the idiot and hope he doesn`t drag us down too far .

5 - The last sentence of course doesn`t apply to you because your the idiot that wants to cut his nose off to spite his face. Oh and with regards to my testicles ,they are not at all numb ,in fact I`ve just had an itch. ^_^

1 - A blinkered fan is someone who supports the club through thick and thin despite what is going on behind closed doors. A true fan stands up to be counted and does his utmost to make a difference in the best interests of the club - which is getting rid of Kean/Venky's by whatever means.

2 - Why will we not exist? We'll merely have to cut our cloth according to what we can afford, if that means offloading some of the overpaid rubbish we've got on the payroll now so be it. If it means a spell in the lower leagues so be it.

3 - A club is nothing without its fans - the fans ARE the club, whoever owns it. We can make a difference, but not if we sit there on our hands fat, dumb and happy because we've won a match (which, granted, with Kean there won't happen often), or sit there quietly under the misguided opinion that NOT protesting makes a blind bit of difference.

4 - It's this shortsighted view that meant that the Wigan atmosphere was achieved far too late to make a difference. Had that happened more often, earlier in the season it might have had an effect, but as it stands too many people sat on their hands and did nothing until we were relegated. Far too late.

5 - I'm not even sure what you mean here. The more games we win, the longer Kean/Venky's stay which merely papers over the cracks of the shambles that is Blackburn Rovers these days. So surely the sooner either or both go the better?

Simple question for you - would you rather go up with Kean at the helm, or lose say the first 10 games, get a proper manager in and write this season off? I'm guessing the happy clapping, shortsighted brigade would be happy with the former, but those with the longer term best interests of the club in mind would much prefer the latter.

Archived