BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rivals Predictions...

Just looking at our rivals next year:

Barnsley - Ex Rover in manager Hill, lack any sort of quality, full of hard workers but mid-table for them. 15th

Birmingham - Still got Zigic but lost Hughton can't see them finishing above 10th.

Burnley - Gained Shackell but i genuenly don't see anyone creative for them or a good goalscorer. 14th

Blackpool- So organised, lost a few players and signed a few, excellent manager in Holloway 6th.

Bolton - Going to be up there, kept Knight,Sordell and Nzog who will score goals in this league. Also kept Petrov and Eagles. 3rd

Cardiff City - Linked with Bellamy etc, Great hunger in there team as we saw against Liverpool in the Cup Final, excellent manager but i think thyl finish 7th.

Brighton - Excellent outfit, very good football, good manager, may fall short though 11th.

Bristol City - Can't see them doing much to be honest, remind me of Burnley were they lack creativness and goals. 22nd.

Charlton- Learning curve for there manager too! 16th.

Crystal Palace - Could upset a few odds and teams this year, freedman is a good young manager. 19th

Derby County- You never know which team will turn up, they are so unpredicatable. 9th.

Huddersfield- Don't really rate Grayson, think they will struggle getting anyone decent in. 24th.

Hull City - Steve Bruce should have been here, knows this league all to well. 4th

Ipswich - Dont rate Jewell, team of journeymen. Season of dissapointment. Cresswell going could free up some money but 18th.

Leeds Utd - Skint, Signed half a new team and will take a while to gel. 12th.

Middlesborough - Built a good team has mowbray, likes to play the barcelona way. Still got top players like Emnes and signed Leadbitter and Woodgate. 2nd

Leicester City - Strong favorites, Beckford will score goals! Linked with Koren who is a classy player. 5th

Millwall - Good Manager but just don't have the resources or quality. 23rd.

NottinghamForest - Money dosent buy you everything. Going to do a Leicester. 13th

Peterborough - Be a good watch with Fergie JNR , good players from the lower leagues like Boyd but they flopped last time so they will struggle. 21st

Sheff Weds - Great manager in Jones, just come up not the greatest of squads but some good additions this summer. 17th

Watford - Sacked Dyche which i think they will regret,think they will struggle to attract any names. 20th

Wolves - Title winners, rich squad of championship quality, Siguardsson is going to be buy of the year. 1st.

Us- Mediocre squad but we could challenge the play offs, inept manager puts us in 8th.

Mowbray is a joke.....it's Cardiff's turn to get automatic promotion.....they narrowly missed out on it a season or 2 ago and have been in and around the playoffs for quite some time now.

We'll be lucky to finish 18th.

This league is so unpredictable though.....the only thing I'm certain of is how bad we will be.

Too early to say I think. Once we've sorted out reinforcing our squad by bringing in 16 year old left back Rui Figo, 18 year old centre back Jorge Costa, 17 year old box to box midfielder Pedro Ronaldo, and 19 year old natural goalscorer Nani Coentrao, then we can have a better idea of what we can expect.

We should also be looking to invest in the future of our team not just players like the above mentioned that can walk straight into the team, I hear the Portuguese league is full promising 12-13 year olds.

I really don't know how people are predicting us to go down.

We were outplayed by Cardiff with roughly the same standard of team we will have......Cardiff are among a group of maybe 10 teams who will also outplay us.... probably B'ham, Blackpool, Burnley, Bolton, Brighton, Charlton, Leeds, Leicester, Forest, Huddersfield and Wolves will be the others.....that was 12 actually.

Wrong tactics, team selection and formation....no pressing/closing down and backing off....poor defending in general and from set pieces.....little pass-and-move...midfield barely protects the defence.....no real leaders on the pitch apart from our keeper and a French guy who doesn't seem to speak fluent English....they both could be off anyway......Scott Dann might be playing.....target men will have a field day against him......tricky, pacey strikers will have a field day against him...anyone who moves about in the box will have a field day against him....half the team played out of position and not many given a proper run in the team.....fitness issues including players being clearly overweight....loads of goals conceded, especially late ones.....unable to respond to changes other managers make or generally based on how the game is going.....I've clearly forgotten things.

We are mostly likely going down......18th to 24th is my prediction......I struggle to see how anyone can have us near the top 6......we should have been roughly 12th with our squad last season and we were incredibly lucky that Wolves sacked McCarthy.

Wolves are favourites in my opinion, they have a good squad at this level, Jarvis, Fletcher etc seem to be sticking around and they've gone for a manager with a decent CV.

Bolton still have the over-rated Coyle(we'd kill for him mind) but they should also be up there with their squad.

Hull could be a dark horse, Aluko will be a very good signing, they have some talented midfielders and could push into the play offs.

It will be interesting to see what Cardiff do, keeping Whittingham is key.

We could finish anywhere to be honest.

I really don't know how people are predicting us to go down.

To quote John McEnroe " You can't be serious ". Read Salgados post below- that sums up my thoughts.

Wolves are favourites in my opinion, they have a good squad at this level, Jarvis, Fletcher etc seem to be sticking around and they've gone for a manager with a decent CV.

Bolton still have the over-rated Coyle(we'd kill for him mind) but they should also be up there with their squad.

Hull could be a dark horse, Aluko will be a very good signing, they have some talented midfielders and could push into the play offs.

It will be interesting to see what Cardiff do, keeping Whittingham is key.

Let me just correct that- We could finish anywhere in the bottom half.

Sorry about that roversfan 99, my edit appears to correct your post.

Take it easy. We're currently third in the table.

Enjoy it. It's as high as we'll get - no doubt Kean's excuse will be "we wor doing great and on course for the play-offs until we had to start playing some games..."

After watching today - a lot is going to rest on keeping Murphy fit - and getting Best fit for the start of the season. Dunn could also have pivotal year - too slow for Premiership these days - but at a lower level he may have too much trickery.

Archived