BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Diogo Rosado.

bypass06

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure his agents will be delighted to talk about him in the same breath as Chelsea and Liverpool.

I'm slightly cautious about so many Portugeuse players joining. Can't Kean just buy a language tape? Or do Venkys have a chicken farm manager out there doing the scouting?

Wow, another attacking midfielder. Can´t help thinking this one is brought replacing Gamst. Can´t see Gamst being sold easily though. Hope he can play on wing.

Looks like he likes to take the set pieces from the video evidence out there too

Wow, another attacking midfielder. Can´t help thinking this one is brought replacing Gamst. Can´t see Gamst being sold easily though. Hope he can play on wing.

His Wiki page doesn't say much other than he is a fast, powerful midfielder(So Def not like Morten.) with good shooting ability(although his goal record scoring record is pretty non-existent).

not heard of this guy but there is something strange going on here with the sudden spree of signing portuguese players. kean has links there but they wont be as good as he makes out as he hardly got a game over there. dont know what his guy is like but he was on loan last season and is another attacking midfielder. why doesnt kean just work with rochina in that area and sort the defence out? i thought he was supposed to be a good coach?

I get the feeling Kean fancies himself as a Portuguese(so to speak) Arsen Wenger, Wenger brings over handfuls of young French players every year or two because of his knowledge of French youth players and it seems Kean believes he can do the same with Portuguese players(only time will tell if it works), If only one player of the group comes good it usually financially covers all the failures(if you know what i mean!).

Looks like he's got a decent pedigree. Genoa thought they had signed him on a pre contract last season but it fell through. I'll give him a chance as I do for all rovers signings but does seem strange they have signed so many Portuguese players.

It's about making Kean indispensable. He's the only one who can speak to them in Portuguese.

I'm pretty sure most of them will speak some English(or find it easy to learn), its only us Brits that only speak 1 language in Europe, but you are right though he is building a little army of sycophants and i can imagine having a large clique of Portuguese players could make things awkward around brockhall with the non Portuguese.

Wouldnt have any problem whatsoever with Rovers being run by a football agency providing they had the best players playing continually in a winning Rovers first team. But what we have witnessed at Rovers is anything but that thus all the stick they get.

Archived