BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Podcast Special: Shebby Singh Interview

How can any of you moan at this?

We walked into Ewood today, and Kamy specifically told Shebby that whatever he said today was a direct message to the fans. We told him our audience figures for podcasts, they're unmatched by any other Rovers outlet, included the Rovers website! We told him our membership stats, and we told him that this was his chance at speaking personally to BRFC fans.

We cant announce weeks in advance that this interview is happening (certain people would put a stop to it), so instead we collate questions which most people are talking about. Why probe him for answers? The answers given are what Shebby Singh wants to tell Rovers fans, after potentially the biggest 2 weeks in his life in terms of media exposure. This isnt dispatches, this isnt panorama.

Shebby will, if he does stick to his word, read this. And when he does, who knows, maybe next time (if there is a next time), he will give more in depth answers. But if any of you have ever asked any of the questions Kamy put to Shebby, you now have Shebby's official answer direct to the fans.

Now the real point of a forum, is discussion. We do these podcasts to provoke discussion.

After the Action Group meeting at KGH, and this podcast, are you now happy or unhappy about Singh in his position of Global Advisor?

What do you make of his comments RE Power at Rovers? What sort of position do you think he is in?

If rumours are to believed, theres a power struggle at Ewood. Working on the idea that is true, who do you think is currently winning? Who would you like to win?

Theres 3 to start you of. Discuss.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say we chuck in Shebby, Mercer, his bookie mate, some of his other connections from football clubs nationwide, a few bottles of Merlot and let the fun begin.

Ha! No Leonard Cohen backing music though Pat, it will end in tears.

I'm all for that though.

Maybe the LT could do a competition? £5 a ticket, proceeds to a local charity every week, five minutes of questions to Keano at the end of every Pre match Presser from one lucky fan?

How's that for a blinding idea? Great PR for the club, a bit of honesty and transparency, no chance of the LT or Andy Cryer falling out with the club, and more importantly local Charities will benefit immensely!

A win, win, win situation surely?

Disapointed.

Although, a good effort for those involved in getting & producing this interview, however, it would seem Shebby is simply there to both appease & aggravate the fans... from no communication, to a multitude of conflicting messages.

To me it seems Steve Kean is here to stay, the water is still murky... 'dark forces are at work.'

We walked into Ewood today, and Kamy specifically told Shebby that whatever he said today was a direct message to the fans. We told him our audience figures for podcasts, they're unmatched by any other Rovers outlet, included the Rovers website! We told him our membership stats, and we told him that this was his chance at speaking personally to BRFC fans.

We cant announce weeks in advance that this interview is happening (certain people would put a stop to it), so instead we collate questions which most people are talking about. Why probe him for answers? The answers given are what Shebby Singh wants to tell Rovers fans, after potentially the biggest 2 weeks in his life in terms of media exposure. This isnt dispatches, this isnt panorama.

Shebby will, if he does stick to his word, read this. And when he does, who knows, maybe next time (if there is a next time), he will give more in depth answers. But if any of you have ever asked any of the questions Kamy put to Shebby, you now have Shebby's official answer direct to the fans.

Now the real point of a forum, is discussion. We do these podcasts to provoke discussion.

After the Action Group meeting at KGH, and this podcast, are you now happy or unhappy about Singh in his position of Global Advisor?

What do you make of his comments RE Power at Rovers? What sort of position do you think he is in?

If rumours are to believed, theres a power struggle at Ewood. Working on the idea that is true, who do you think is currently winning? Who would you like to win?

Clearly, you still think you are at Uni..

Appreciate the efforts made by Kamy and yourself but please don't be so feckin patronising.

Ha! No Leonard Cohen backing music though Pat, it will end in tears.

I'm all for that though.

Maybe the LT could do a competition? £5 a ticket, proceeds to a local charity every week, five minutes of questions to Keano at the end of every Pre match Presser from one lucky fan?

How's that for a blinding idea? Great PR for the club, a bit of honesty and transparency, no chance of the LT or Andy Cryer falling out with the club, and more importantly local Charities will benefit immensely!

A win, win, win situation surely?

I always had Mercerman down as a Genesis kind of man to be honest Bob.

But that's not a bad idea that.

Clearly, you still think you are at Uni..

Appreciate the efforts made by Kamy and yourself but please don't be so feckin patronising.

Patronising? Not one bit of that is intended to be patronising, so please dont read it that way.

The point is simple; There is an interview with the Global Advisor for the club that you support. His answers are what he wants you to hear. Dont question the interview techniques, or the formality of the interview. The interview has the potential to do exactly what was intended, provoke debate.

Fair play J B. You guys gave your time up today to do this, it's easy to be cynical sat here in my armchair and think of all the smart "think on your feet" questions when confronted by a seasoned TV pundit. Thanks to you both for your efforts.

1. Playing politics. I hate politics with a passion. He's either keeping his head down or buying them time. As ever time will tell. 20 months in they're due to make a good decision.

2. No idea but Keans Spin Team have done more in the media than I'd have thought ethically possible.

3. Shebby. Anyone or anything but Kean.

Patronising? Not one bit of that is intended to be patronising, so please dont read it that way.

The point is simple; There is an interview with the Global Advisor for the club that you support. His answers are what he wants you to hear. Dont question the interview techniques, or the formality of the interview. The interview achieved exactly what it intended to do.

Sorry, but telling us what we should consider and then to discuss - that's secondary school stuff !!!

Beg to differ. The answers should be the answers to the pertinent questions that you ask !!! If you don't get the required answers then you are open to folk questioning both the interview process and the techniques - shades of Piers Morgan interviewing Gordon Brown !!!

You are a dick.

With a name like Veiny Flap, it's quite clear what you are !!!

If that's gone over your head, rhymes with Hunt.

Listened to the Podcast, give the guys a break, both did this for free in their own time to try and ask some questions.

Its far different sending a journo who is trying to get going in his profession into a Q/A meeting as it sending a supporter or group.

Kamy has to be careful what he ask, or how he ask it. He can't probe as much unless he has sufficient evidence to probe and back up his line of questioning.

When we first met Shebby we was clear from the start exactly the purpose of any meeting, we wanted answers, truths and facts. We had a list of things which we wanted to see done on the short, medium and long term. There was a massive difference when we went in, as we have things to back up our line of questioning and also have some massive endorsements which the club cannot ignore.

We went in wanting nothing more than the truth and the long term goal of our club becoming a better place both internally and for the supporters to enjoy being a rovers fan again. At times we can be like a dog with a bone, and will not rest on certain issues until we get a satisfactory conclusion that our members are happy with. If we dont like the answer or we think its being ducked we re-address it either at the time, or in further dialogue we have. I speak with Shebby on a daily basis, and the group is working its way through the list of things we feel need to be addressed.

Although we have built up a good rapport with Shebby, we have made very clear that words are not enough and actions are not only needed, but sooner rather than later on many many issues.

When we met with Paul Agnew and Derek Shaw last week, we went in professional but was firm but fair. That dialogue is continuing and we chase things on all fronts.

Kamy and Josh today asked some good questions and got some answers, which like josh has stated opens up many avenue's of debate. There are some contradictory statements in there, from previous ones made, and also some contradictory statements about current transfer standings as I understand them at 8.30pm tonight. This maybe a case of things changed this morning or Shebby is now careful what he says on record, I honestly dont know.

I think its great he has agreed to do a podcast, forums and podcast are supposed to be pleasant things and not hostile. There is a time and place for more probing questions and resoulutions and podcast are not one of them.

Well done lads

Arghhh..

I had a feeling this might not be a podcast to my taste. Besides the blithering - The general questioning was not to my taste as I will explain before the lambasting. Firstly my overall opinion of Shebby has worsened. His level of professional decency astounds me. Commenting on signing players at other clubs is deplorable for a manger (yes, I know who else does it) and downright stupid for the so called "spokesman" of the club. Huddersfield would be well in their rights to complain or just outrightly ignore our efforts.

Secondly on Shebby; He really does have a way with words only akin to SK. Besides the question dodging, his comments on targets for the manager such as "wake up and smell the coffee" could be construed as a message to the fans to just get on with our lives. This is mirrored by his Kean-esq comments on the outcome of possible failure; "why are we miring ourself in negativity" "lets look forward to tomorrow"

I hate to say it, because I admire the work he puts in - but Kamy, Shebby is there to be asked any question you want. The question of Steve owing the club was based on a ridiculous rumour. Why not ask him a question based on a ridiculous truth; ie the performance on saturday that echoed games where Shebby had actively slagged off SK's same tactics (as a pundit) Apologies if you did ask this.

.. And I don't fully understand your point about not pulling punches. Surely if he didn't give answers, there would be no need for questions. His ease at manipulating your question and skirting the issue makes plenty of room for discussion - but leaves no answers.

Before I go on let me re-iterate how grateful I am of your efforts, I am just as frustrated and worn down by 2 years of bullshit.

There was one minute positive I could take from his comments about season aims - and limited idea of how business can work in India. If Kean is unsackable, he most certainly is not contracted up longer than 2013 (as far as we are aware). From the mention of promotion being the bottom line, I believe that SK may be left to rot if it is not achieved, thus owners keeping face in terms of not having to own up to the mistake of hiring him in the first place.

It is most certainly a very sour positive - the thought of 10 more months of his bloated positive "churchillian" nonsense.

Sorry, but telling us what we should consider and then to discuss - that's secondary school stuff !!!

Beg to differ. The answers should be the answers to the pertinent questions that you ask !!! If you don't get the required answers then you are open to folk questioning both the interview process and the techniques - shades of Piers Morgan interviewing Gordon Brown !!!

What dont you understand? Theyre not our questions, theyre taken from this website.

Im provoking debate, from the answers that he has given. I think thats quite constructive, and gives us (the members of this website), the opportunity to digest and extract Singh's answers. You have, infront of you, one of the few recorded interviews where Singh has answered questions from fans.

Use it wisely, instead of doing... Well, whatever on earth your doing. If your unhappy with the questions, arrange your own meeting. Ill even host and record it for you, for free!

Personally I'm happy that (at the very least... Jury still out) we finally have a mouthpiece at the club. The past 20 odd months were the lowest I can recall in my lifetime as a rovers fan. Whether things change, time will only tell but i do welcome his attitude and willingness to speak to fans and answer questions. We all just want the team to do well but under Kean It will never happen. He just can't successfully set up a team to win games let alone promotion.

As of what we have seen so far I feel that he is essentially here to try and smooth relations with the fans. He obviously has an input to transfer and club development, but as he said in the podcast Venkys decide if/when Kean would be sacked.

Sadly i still think Kean has the inside track to Mrs D and that's what really counts. I hope I am proved wrong but the last 20 months have crushed my belief that justice will ever be done at our club under Venkys.

Credit to the crew here on brfcs though. These podcasts are a great insight to whats going on.

What dont you understand? Theyre not our questions, theyre taken from this website.

Im provoking debate, from the answers that he has given. I think thats quite constructive, and gives us (the members of this website), the opportunity to digest and extract Singh's answers. You have, infront of you, one of the few recorded interviews where Singh has answered questions from fans.

Use it wisely, instead of doing... Well, whatever on earth your doing. If your unhappy with the questions, arrange your own meeting. Ill even host and record it for you, for free!

I accept that you two guys did your best.

Think the general concensus is that this interview 'did not work'. I guess this is partly down to the fact that we have been fed so much bullshit, for getting on for 2 years, that most folk can now smell it from a good country mile !!!

With a name like Veiny Flap, it's quite clear what you are !!!

If that's gone over your head, rhymes with Hunt.

Very witty. I think Kamy's and JB's efforts deserve a bit more respect. Unless you have a Paxman, Shebby was always going to back track and dodge questions.

I accept that you two guys did your best.

Think the general concensus is that this interview 'did not work'. I guess this is partly down to the fact that we have been fed so much bullshit, for getting on for 2 years, that most folk can now smell it from a good country mile !!!

Excellent, we're getting somewhere now. We did do our best. If you want an interview recording you have to build communications over time, and devolp a trust between each other. Im sure you realise that now, and understand from your line of work why actually the questions asked are very good ones.

I think theres probably a massive difference between what Shebby says to, for example Glen Mullan. Glen doesn't take a microphone into his meetings, and I think if he did he would get different answers. Infact I know he would do.

I attended the Action Group meeting. But I met a completely different Shebby Singh today. He was honestly cool, composed and 100% confident in what he said.

Due to the way the interview was conducted, im certain, in a hypothetical world, we would get another interview should Shebby be sacked. Wouldn't that be great?

Fair play to all concerned with the podcast, no probs with the questions etc. I am however downhearted again at the attempted answers. He's done a glossing over and coy backtrack on a lot of the questions he answered the other day. The pendulum seems to have swung from we must gain promotion, nothing else will do... to well as long as were seen to be building the club it's ok. Keanochio is and WILL remain the main man and we will have a season of mixed results which will see us finish 8/12 place. They will call it progress and say next season is the one. Utterly sick again now, Global Advisor....sorry NO, Global B+++++++++....YES !

Very witty. I think Kamy's and JB's efforts deserve a bit more respect. Unless you have a Paxman, Shebby was always going to back track and dodge questions.

We should take our hats off to all the folk who give of their time to make this site work. It is a thankless task.

Having said that, I do think it's important to take on board posters' views as it's all very much a learning process for, for example, Kamy & JB as they try to make careers in their respective fields.

Indifferent, unsure, 50/50. For me his opening days have been a case of all mouth and promises, and no actions both negative or positive, which we have heard from other folk within the Venky's span of control. He has communicated with the fans which is good in that it has been something we have wanted, but he seems to be telling us what we want to hear. I'll judge him on what he does rather than what he says. I think "Shebby Singh's Blue and White Army" is a very premature song at games, even if people try and justify it with the fact that they believe he is in a direct battle with Kean, and simply shouting "Kean Out" is not supporting the team, surely the fact that the players have admitted becoming annoyed by Shebby already means that singing for Shebby is hardly supporting the players either? I don't think until it is acted upon, the songs of "Kean Out" will ever go, and rightly so.

Yet to be convinced he is more than another channel of communication, and I think he has perhaps less power than even the brothers who 'apparently' want Kean gone. He either in my opinion believes he has more power than he actually has or he is trying to have the fans on. He needs to convince with what he DOES and not SAYS.

Lost interest in the petty squabbles and power battles long ago to be honest. All of these points targets that Kean has to apparently meet don't interest me one bit; he has been on the brink so many times according to rumour. The situation is unprecedented at our club and it means I have no idea what is going on, as our manager continues to seem invincible.

Thanks alot for the work guys, much appreciated.

You end this post with the word 'discuss'

Are we only allowed to discuss the 3 points you make and nothing else?

I fully appreciated your efforts but to say we can't comment on them is ludicrous, you sound like then Paul agnew of BRFCS.

Sounds out of his depth, btw I take it the discussion you are provoking dosn't include anything about the questions asked?

He does as he's told but hopefully will be listened to more than Kean.

Who would we like to win?

I know this reply is harsh but the tone of your post has hacked me off. You can't say the fuction of a message board is to provoke discussion, then complain when people discuss it in a way you don't approve. You need to grow a thicker skin.

Having said all that I really enjoyed the podcast and thanks for your time and effort, just don't expect people to fit into your view of the world.

We should take our hats off to all the folk who give of their time to make this site work. It is a thankless task.

Having said that, I do think it's important to take on board posters' views as it's all very much a learning process for Kamy & JB as they try to make careers in their respective fields.

While Kamy has a BRFCs 'title', and therefore cant really reply in an honest manner, I suggest you do your research before continuing your snide digs. In terms of his career, its very fair to say Kamy has already 'made' it.

I on the other hand, don't have such a title, and can therefore say whatever I want.

Your a bellend Mercerman, a deluded, sour faced, senile bellend. If you've nothing constructive to say (and, from reading your backlog of posts, you seem to have very little useful to say about anything), I suggest you stop posting, because quite honestly your embarassing.

I know this reply is harsh but the tone of your post has hacked me off. You can't say the fuction of a message board is to provoke discussion, then complain when people discuss it in a way you don't approve. You need to grow a thicker skin.

Having said all that I really enjoyed the podcast and thanks for your time and effort, just don't expect people to fit into your view of the world.

Hi David. Sorry to hack you off, again, as with Mercerman, it wasnt intended in that manner and Im putting that down to misinterpritation.

Im not suggesting for one minute that people shouldnt have a right to comment on whatever they want. Infact I think by answering the likes of Mercerman, who often posts with agendas, it showns I have a thick skin. I just think that actually, questioning peoples ability interview, is totally unneccessary. Especially when there is 40 minutes of answers, even if theyre not the answers people where looking for. The fact that people wanted more is something to debate straight away.

While Kamy has a BRFCs 'title', and therefore cant really reply in an honest manner, I suggest you do your research before continuing your snide digs. In terms of his career, its very fair to say Kamy has already 'made' it.

I on the other hand, don't have such a title, and can therefore say whatever I want.

Your a bellend Mercerman, a deluded, sour faced, senile bellend. If you've nothing constructive to say (and, from reading your backlog of posts, you seem to have very little useful to say about anything), I suggest you stop posting, because quite honestly your embarassing.

I love the sweet irony of you telling Mercerman he's a 'deluded, sour faced senile bellend' and then telling him 'if he's nothing constructive to say.......'

Priceless.

I love the sweet irony of you telling Mercerman he's a 'deluded, sour faced senile bellend' and then telling him 'if he's nothing constructive to say.......'

Priceless.

What I wont allow is degrading comments with zero substance to be put into a public place without opposition. Anyway, back on to sarcasm and irony, none of this has any relevence at this point to the interview. So, enjoy the podcast. And remember, be constructive!

Hi David. Sorry to hack you off, again, as with Mercerman, it wasnt intended in that manner and Im putting that down to misinterpritation.

Im not suggesting for one minute that people shouldnt have a right to comment on whatever they want. Infact I think by answering the likes of Mercerman, who often posts with agendas, it showns I have a thick skin. I just think that actually, questioning peoples ability interview, is totally unneccessary. Especially when there is 40 minutes of answers, even if theyre not the answers people where looking for. The fact that people wanted more is something to debate straight away.

The problem is, when you jump in that way, the discussion is immediately diverted.

Will say again tho, thanks for the interview (but we are allowed to comment on all of it)

No offence intended, we all want the same result.

Archived