BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Podcast Special: Shebby Singh Interview

it's all very much a learning process for, for example, Kamy & JB as they try to make careers in their respective fields.

Says man accusing others of patronising him! :lol:

Back to the interview, to summarize Shebby's interaction with the fans:

After KGH - How can he be so indiscrete??? What a clown!!!

After BRFCS interview - How can he not say anything??? What a clown!!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I know most people dont appreciate sarcasm and irony, its great that you do.

What I wont allow is degrading comments with zero substance to be put into a public place without opposition.

I didn't think you were being sarcastic or ironic, I thought you were being unpleasant and overly defensive.

Anyway, this must be getting dull for other posters.... nitey nite

Listened to the interview, the main point for me is that instead of Team Kean and his (pa)PR network having a direct line to India spewing what ever crap they want, Singh is there to feed them a bit of reality at the going's on at Fortress Keanochio. This for me is a glimmer of hope, the Rao's have been burned by "just like family members" in the past, but I gather Singh is a genuine associate of the family in their eyes anyway.

Yes we would have loved him to come out and say he's going to sack Kean (and hopefully the snakes that are crawling in the corridors at Ewood) but think he's either been told or realised he needs to be more guarded with his comments, so as not to give the snakes an opportunity as we saw after the KGH Q and A's.

Could be way off the mark and the opinion of a smokescreen could be correct, time will tell.

As regards to the interview techinque, I don't have a problem with this, it's called building a relationship and trust, Sound quality wise sounded alright to me. If we want BBC commercial quality podcast's would people be happy to chip in a few quid to buy commercial quality equipment and contribute to production costs etc? The other thing to bare in mind is that these have to be quick turn around because of there current topics and to me these are a vital part of people realising what is going on at Rovers, so long may they continue.

After the Action Group meeting at KGH, and this podcast, are you now happy or unhappy about Singh in his position of Global Advisor?

As mentioned above Singh is a direct avenue to the Rao's and I believe its cut off Team Kean's excuses root. If he's genuine I hope he snoops around contact documents and reason's why certain people were given roles and reports those findings back.

What do you make of his comments RE Power at Rovers? What sort of position do you think he is in?

Eyes and ears of The Rao brother's

If rumours are to believed, theres a power struggle at Ewood. Working on the idea that is true, who do you think is currently winning? Who would you like to win?

Team Kean is winning , obviously got two (possibly three) sets of Pr teams guarding him and other's roles, funnily enough one indirectly funded by the Rao's . Whilst this continues the war on supporters will continue

Have listened.

Kamy was scrupulously fair in his questioning but when Shebby listens to the outcome he is going to kick himself.

That was beyond bland.

So the target is promotion. That is all he has gone on record with.

When the recording of the open meeting goes up, we will listen to it through the filter of the apologies to Steve and Morten.

Time to show some teeth and balls Shebby.

Lasted less than 20 mins. Shebby came across as arrogant, ignorant, and clearly loves the sound of his own voice. I have zero faith in that man. He strikes me as an absolute joker. But why wouldn't he be, he was appointed by Venky's.

Shebby Out.

Terrible Interview, and its clear this guy doesnt have a clue and isnt controlling anything and Kean will be going nowhere and I will not be going back to Ewood.

"do you have the power to sack the manager, thats all people care about here. That is very narrow thinking"????????????? With at least half of that interview being absolute nonsence dont try and kid people Kamy with the "I didnt have time" line with regards to questioning him.

Disgrace that whole interview just sums up the poor quaity of a club we have leftl!!!

The two areas which stand out for me are firstly promotion is the target, with respect Shebby, if we are not in contention after 6 games, will it still be the target and actions taken to change track (ie Sack the main problem, Steve Kean etc)

The second issue arising is this, If Shebby is now the link between the Raos and Ewood, it is mentioned that he speaks with Balaji, in such a case, Shebby recommends Kean to be sacked, who will make the decision, the brothers or Desai?

As has been stated on here, the proof of the pudding has to be assessed by the actions, as much as communication is welcome, only the removal of Kean will allow the club to reach its goal of promotion, increase attendances and likewise corporate revenue, sponsorship etc.

The two areas which stand out for me are firstly promotion is the target, with respect Shebby, if we are not in contention after 6 games, will it still be the target and actions taken to change track (ie Sack the main problem, Steve Kean etc)

The second issue arising is this, If Shebby is now the link between the Raos and Ewood, it is mentioned that he speaks with Balaji, in such a case, Shebby recommends Kean to be sacked, who will make the decision, the brothers or Desai?

As has been stated on here, the proof of the pudding has to be assessed by the actions, as much as communication is welcome, only the removal of Kean will allow the club to reach its goal of promotion, increase attendances and likewise corporate revenue, sponsorship etc.

very well put

What a load of tripe. Reminds me of a line manager at work giving false promises and telling people what they want to hear but not having the say so to do it. Clearly made a fool of himself other week and had to quickly backtrack and apologise and still the amount of people who believed it is staggering. The guy keeps Kean away from cameras and also stops people asking for the owners by dodging questions.

I haven't had chance to listen to the interview yet, but after reading peoples posts on here, do i even want to?

Seems we are now back to square one, plenty of people are now of the opinion that Shebby has no power, meaning Kean will most likely never be sacked. Just how many more times can we be kicked in the nuts?

The bland interview plus calling the case against Kean a "squabble" means Shebby has expended the goodwill he earned at King George's Hall.

He has zero room for manoeuvre.

Kean's sacking or nothing is my attitude.

Exactly.

The wake up and smell the coffee line was the tip of the iceberg. Pot kettle?

If they woke up out of their stubborn arrogance and replaced one man it would be the best marketing ploy in the history of the club.

I can understand he is getting frustrated by having to answer the same questions but there can only be three reasons that you get asked the same question repeatedly.

1- The question was not answered very well.

2- The answer was perfect but not what the recipient wanted to hear

3- the person asking the question doesn't hear the reply!

For me its a combo of one and two.

Ps good work to who produced this. Keep at it. I think the interview was spot on. We didn't get the answers we wanted but it has shown him up for what he really is. Once you start answering closed questions with open answers and random scenarios the bs alarm rings instantly

I dont quite understand what people are expecting from shabby, from what he has done so far he lacks credibility, his comments at Blakeys relating to Kean

and pederson in particular revealed how unprofessional he is compared to John Williams for example in a similar role.

As fans all we can do is continue to support BRFC by turning up to games and observing what actually happens not what some weird PR man/ pundit would

have us believe.

The main focus should be doing everything possible to remove Kean, we badly need a" proper " manager, we cannot start to improve with him in charge.

To have this man remain as a senior management figure illustrates again the gross mismanagement of our club by the Raos, whether they have been badly

advised or not the current situation will not improve with kean as manager. It is so obvious that until he is replaced with an experienced credible manager

no amount of debate will improve the morale of the genuine fans, everybody is saying that kean must go.

Woke up even more ###### off with this podcast.

Forget the past being wiped, the owners have too much to answer for to be forgiven for the 18 months they decimated our premier league setup.

These interviews are a chance to actually get some punches in. Are more bothered about your "journalistic bridges being burnt" with Shebby, than the actual truth?

1. Who gave the advice to sack Sam Allardyce in the first place?

2. How long have the family been associated with JA

3. Why do the owners seem to be happy to lose millions of pounds in order to save face?

4. Why was the playing squad downsized when we had the Sky revenue? and then half rebuilt without it?

5. What was the real reason for Hunts sacking

6. Why do the owners speak of targets now, when surely near relegation, then ultimately relegation- was failure of past targets for the management

7. Why did John Jensen bite the bullet?

8. Why wasnt John williams retained aka why was the original purchase document/contract broken

9. Why has the club seen zero investment since Venkys aka why was the original purchase document/contract broken

10. Why do the owners want to have less fans in the ground?

11. Why ban banners?

12. Why are the mainstream press constantly supportive to the longest reigning and worst result attaining manager in history (I may be wrong)

13. Why have all ex staff and players been asked to sign non disclosure agreements?

14. Why are we playing in Preston North Ends kit?

15. Why did the manager put MGP on the transfer list if he thought he was "integral", Was his selection at ipswich for footballing reasons?

Do I really need to go on? There are thousands of questions that Shebby will simple not answer. When he mentioned "everybody had a clean slate" the sickness started to rise again. Now, to me that also suggests he has absolutely no use nor ornament for Rovers fans. Ive seen all the stupid propaganda to get fans onside, but the tempestuous partisan "14000 tops" fans we will see tonight will break my flipping heart

As for rumours - such as "steve owns the club" jesus christ give it a rest. Like I said in my previous post, why the hell are you even mentioning message board rumours. There are 1000's of unanswered questions on actual problems, not sodding rumours.

...and if this is kind of podcast/interview is simply designed to create debate - then well done;

No answers, but plenty more confusing rhetoric for the stupid blackburn fans to chew on.

Makes me sick.

You imply that all these questions should have been asked of Singh...

1. Who gave the advice to sack Sam Allardyce in the first place?

2. How long have the family been associated with JA

3. Why do the owners seem to be happy to lose millions of pounds in order to save face?

4. Why was the playing squad downsized when we had the Sky revenue? and then half rebuilt without it?

5. What was the real reason for Hunts sacking

6. Why do the owners speak of targets now, when surely near relegation, then ultimately relegation- was failure of past targets for the management

7. Why did John Jensen bite the bullet?

8. Why wasnt John williams retained aka why was the original purchase document/contract broken

9. Why has the club seen zero investment since Venkys aka why was the original purchase document/contract broken

10. Why do the owners want to have less fans in the ground?

11. Why ban banners?

12. Why are the mainstream press constantly supportive to the longest reigning and worst result attaining manager in history (I may be wrong)

13. Why have all ex staff and players been asked to sign non disclosure agreements?

14. Why are we playing in Preston North Ends kit?

15. Why did the manager put MGP on the transfer list if he thought he was "integral", Was his selection at ipswich for footballing reasons?

Then in the next paragraph ask

Do I really need to go on? There are thousands of questions that Shebby will simple not answer.

When you read this back, can you see where you may have gone a bit wrong?

You imply that all these questions should have been asked of Singh...

Then in the next paragraph ask

When you read this back, can you see where you may have gone a bit wrong?

Nope - because if he doesn't answer a question it gives this impression;

Shebby Singh is just as much part of the problem.

If Kean is only contracted to 2013 as someone else on this thread has said, then that reinforces my belief that they don't want to pay him compensation and are hoping he's a success in a lower league against lesser teams. Shebby's there to assist this and if he slips up make life difficult for him so he'll walk. With paying Allardyce so much in compensation they won't want to do it again in a hurry, especially after they will now know they were wrongly informed.

What I wont allow is degrading comments with zero substance to be put into a public place without opposition. Anyway, back on to sarcasm and irony, none of this has any relevence at this point to the interview. So, enjoy the podcast. And remember, be constructive!

Your a bellend Mercerman, a deluded, sour faced, senile bellend. If you've nothing constructive to say (and, from reading your backlog of posts, you seem to have very little useful to say about anything), I suggest you stop posting, because quite honestly your embarassing.

I can see what's going on here.....you've put in some effort and the consensus seems to be that the MB is grateful for that, but you have gone on the defensive because people are dissatisfied with the outcome. Putting things out in the public domain of that ilk is a thankless task, and, yes, you are likely to be offended by some responses, but why not follow the standards you would like to see others set? Keep it civil perhaps?

Your original post calling for debate DID read a little patronising J*B, if you want my opinion for what it's worth the discussion would have developed over the next 24/48 hours naturally as it usually does, the negative stuff is always going to be there, why? Lots of reasons....most of them out of peoples hands, and that's what causes the frustration and angst.

I like to think I'm a pretty accepting kind of person, but I could not listen to that drivel Singh was putting out.....Kamy did a fine job, but the guy is so obviously lacking in power, he's simply a figurehead, a smokescreen, whilst Kean gets to go on about his day job. I actually think that there is nothing further to be gained in holding any kind of "meaningful" discussions with the club as it's just one crowd pleasing statement then retraction after another.

I truly wish I had ideas, could help, but I'm starting to believe it's a complete and utter lost cause and that things are just going to get worse and worse until they reach their natural conclusion, whatever that may be.

Fair play to all of you our there making an effort and fighting on the clubs behalf, but it's already altered so much from that boring mid-table outfit of a few years ago.

• Backroom

Well done to those who set up this interview. Shebby ducked and dodged any relevant questions and contradicted a lot of what he said when he met the fans, which leads me to believe he's either been reigned in or simply got carried away by the cheering when he announced Kean would be sacked after 2/3 games. Possibly both.

Hopefully the next interview will contain less rambling and more straightforward answers from Shebby.

Thanks for the feedback, both positive and negative. As always I take it all on board.

We will be having another interview with Shebby and will let you all know in advance and you can choose which areas we should focus on.

Even though lots of it is just 'words' at the moment, at least we are getting communication from the club.

My parting words to Shebby yesterday were that he has the opportunity to take Rovers forward, the first step is sacking Kean, if he manages to that then the process of winning back the trust of the fans would have began.

Thanks for the feedback, both positive and negative. As always I take it all on board.

We will be having another interview with Shebby and will let you all know in advance and you can choose which areas we should focus on.

Even though lots of it is just 'words' at the moment, at least we are getting communication from the club.

My parting words to Shebby yesterday were that he has the opportunity to take Rovers forward, the first step is sacking Kean, if he manages to that then the process of winning back the trust of the fans would have began.

And I wish you could tell us his off the record response to that!

Archived