BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Barnsley home 12/13

Tom

What do people expect to gain by bothering a players wife on twitter after a bad game?

Must admit I cringed after reading people had been messaging his wife after the game, have a go at Murphy at Ewood from the stands for poor performances but messaging his wife is way too far in my opinion. She will never critcise him so what do you want her to say?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i put 100 down last time. Remember that day we got beaten by Bolton, he was 12/1 to still be in a job by the end of the season. Should have put more, bookies don't realise the trouble behind him, so money to be made with him. If anybody wants to lay it feel free.

Rovers under Kean have been awful and some players have been as much to blame but maybe I'm starting to see why some players don't come over to the fans anymore. I will sing Kean out and I will call players but reading the messages sent to some of the players on twitter is cringe worthy.

Orr isn't that bad of a player. He's no world beater but he's steady but I was embarrassed reading some of the tweets sent to him last night. Also why the ell are some people shocked that murphys wife is blocking them. What the hell are you asking her for.

It's probably a small minority but these people are representing the rest of us. It's probably the berating they receive that swings their allegiance towards Kean. Some idiot was offering Orr out last night because he likes boxing for gods sake

Again, I'm pleased with the win.

Disappointed Kean is still manager. He could win the league and all the cups and I'd still despise the man. Here's hoping Glen is right.

On the plus side, we did well in acquiring offensive threats this last transfer window. We've some real talent. Can't help but think that we'll be shredded by the like of Blackpool, Brighton, Cardiff and Nottingham Forest if the defense is not sorted out.

The top of the league is very tight and the likes of Halloway, Poyett and Driscoll will bend Kean over unless something is done.

I do think the criticism of MGP and Murphy is harsh. Yes they may be poor now, but we all know that MGP is a confidence player and his has been knocked down a bit. And I can't help but believe Murphy will come good eventually.

What do people expect to gain by bothering a players wife on twitter after a bad game?

Exactly. Serves the stupid cow for being on 'rent a friend' sites though doesn't it? There's millions of oiks out there so if she hasn't the sense to protect her privacy then she deserves all she gets.

Come on guys. One of you must have a programme handy from the 91/92 promotion season (mine are in my mothers loft).

Get one out and check when we had less than 12,700 on for a league game in that season. I bet it was pre-dalglish (ie before October 91)

Our fan base was not the size then that bit is now.

A major flaw in your opinion Glen. Teams that cannot defend win nothing.

I've been informed that his tenure is shakier now than ever before as the lunes in Pune are at last, finally becoming aware of the financial realities of relegation and the supporters, sponsors and advertisers obvious hatred of him. If correct then it seems the stay aways are having most effect.

The other consideration is that right nwo we're in a great position to attract a decent manager, anyone with footballing nous will see the quality in most areas, if they are prepared to back their ability to organise the team and play to patterns there is a half decent chance for automatic promotion. The caveat is always going to be whether they can be strong enough to agree their terms of reference with the owners, an outsider willl at present see that some money has been put into the project, might be the best time for Kean to get binned.

If we're half way at or around January, no-one decent will want to come.

So far, we've been feckin lucky - not many would argue with that.

But for Rhodes & Gomes, we'd most likely be close to bottom.

Our defence seems to be totally disorganised and clueless.

Our midfield (Murphy / Etuhu) just no longer have the legs to control a game - we are being overrun game after game as the possession stats show and this is putting even more pressure on our beleagured defence.

The folly of 'giving' Nzonzi away just because Kean, IMO, was / is loathed and not respected by a number of key players.

The fans know the score and the missing thousands will only return once the, IMO, imbecile has been sacked.

Replace Kean now from a position of strength. Very much doubt Venky's will and if our luck holds out, then Rhodes and Gomes will fire us back to the PL, Kean will get a new three year contract and the misery will start all over again !

Personally I quite like forecasting who will be the next fall guy to be picked on after they have destroyed the current one.

Exactly. And the fact that its possible to do that just highlights how utterly stupid the whole process of scapegoating is. Its just a perpetual witch hunt that immediately moves onto the next target once the current one is down. Its bullying basically and does nobody any favours. If the manager picks him, and the player tries his best, what is the point in some fans having this ongoing grudge? It'd be great to see Pedersen given credit when he plays well and stick when he plays badly, but anything good is just ignored, it took about a page of this thread for anyone to admit he'd set up another goal.

This leauge is to easy for our team. It's like when man city play bad but still win.

sign of a quality team.

The only reason we are top tho is because of the individual qualities of the players and the fact that they are better than the rest.

Nothing has changed, we still have all the problems we had last season, just this season we have more quality than everyone else.

If we were to get promoted and Kean kept his job, I can guarantee that we will be relegated again straight away.

We have to get rid of Kean regardless of what happens this season.

He is not a manager.

I do think we will be promoted purely for our quality and with no help from Kean.

Come January this could be our team...

Robbo

Marc.O. Givet. Dann Ribeirio

Martin.O. Muprhy Etuhu. Kazim Richards

Best. Rhodes

subs. Rochina, Gomes, Formica, Pedersen, Dunn, Orr, Kean.

Now that team with or without a manager will rip up the championship.

With a decent manager we would be beating teams 4 or 5 nil.

Come January this could be our team...

Robbo

Marc.O. Givet. Dann Ribeirio

Martin.O. Muprhy Etuhu. Kazim Richards

Best. Rhodes

subs. Rochina, Gomes, Formica, Pedersen, Dunn, Orr, Kean.

Now that team with or without a manager will rip up the championship.

With a decent manager we would be beating teams 4 or 5 nil.

Highlighted blue are those players who would be good enough in the PL, amber are those who might be ok, as for the rest...................

Therein lies the problem !!!

The problem last year wasn't scoring.

If we can get some better defenders in we should do alright if promoted.

We had good defenders last season. Kean got rid. That's part of the problem. He doesn't know a good player when he sees one, added to the fact that someone else will be buying them anyway. Currently the club is rotten and there are better run park sides.

Rovers under Kean have been awful and some players have been as much to blame but maybe I'm starting to see why some players don't come over to the fans anymore. I will sing Kean out and I will call players but reading the messages sent to some of the players on twitter is cringe worthy.

Orr isn't that bad of a player. He's no world beater but he's steady but I was embarrassed reading some of the tweets sent to him last night. Also why the ell are some people shocked that murphys wife is blocking them. What the hell are you asking her for.

It's probably a small minority but these people are representing the rest of us. It's probably the berating they receive that swings their allegiance towards Kean. Some idiot was offering Orr out last night because he likes boxing for gods sake

Some Rover's fans are an absolute joke. Booing your own players is bad enough but contacting their families is too far. How productive is lowering someone's already low morale?

Murphy went mental when Dann scored against Bristol by the way.

Car crash performance. Absolutely dire. 61% possession to Barnsley at Ewood, when we are full of confidence and top of the league. Barnsley FFS, having 2/3 of the play! I was bored stiff and only two moments of individual skill stole the points for us.

I predicted yesterday that the gate would fall for this midweek match in poor weather, but wondered whether recent results would see a few more attending. 12,700 spectators on the ground watching the best team at this moment in the division playing at home. It is genuinely concerning. I doubt it will get much better for Boro with the match on tv and it being a Friday night as well.

Muted atmosphere again, very small crowd, very poor performance, very lucky win. With the largest and most expensive squad in the division this was clearly not acceptable, but the 3 points gained will gild the lilly yet again. I have no idea what defensive work they do each week, but we could have easily been 3-0 down without many complaints.

Our luck continues. One way of looking at our start so far is that when the kean factor kicks in and we start the losing run we all know is coming, we should avoid dropping into a relegation battle.

We are so poor its untrue mcuh worse than our first season after relegation under Kidd, I think anyway.

It is a sad state of affairs how some people behave on Social Media, I really don't understand why players (or wives) would want to put themselves up for the inevitable criticism and insults when things go wrong. What I really don't like if I'm honest is the lack of interaction between players and fans, sure there are exceptions like Robinson but under previous managers it has felt that the fans are more important. Maybe its me but at the end of the match last night I expected more players to walk towards the Blackburn End. At the moment I am enjoying away matches more than games at Ewood, it just doesn't feel like it used to.

It is a sad state of affairs how some people behave on Social Media, I really don't understand why players (or wives) would want to put themselves up for the inevitable criticism and insults when things go wrong. What I really don't like if I'm honest is the lack of interaction between players and fans, sure there are exceptions like Robinson but under previous managers it has felt that the fans are more important. Maybe its me but at the end of the match last night I expected more players to walk towards the Blackburn End. At the moment I am enjoying away matches more than games at Ewood, it just doesn't feel like it used to.

Tom, it will be a long time before it feels 'how it used to.' The missing thousands need to return for starters, employing a figure head we trust and believe in would help, watching some players we feel have a lasting affinity for the club would be useful and getting back to the PL is also required to increase the quality of the product on offer.

I sit with ardent fans, often the first to sing and celebrate. The life has been sucked out of most of them and many now sit there in disinterested limbo. Who sings as much as they used to? Who loses themselves in games and gets totally wrapped up in the atmosphere and spectacle like we used to? I am almost outside looking in and very detached watching the games at times. It's a strange feeling shared by many and you are not alone.

I wholeheartedly agree. Also, while critisizing the actual performance of a player is every supporters right I'm not sure about "attitude", everyone reacts differently and shows/doesn't show emotion in their own way. Just because you don't look like Stuart Pearce after every victory or goal it doesn't mean you're a rotten apple.

Car crash performance. Absolutely dire. 61% possession to Barnsley at Ewood, when we are full of confidence and top of the league. Barnsley FFS, having 2/3 of the play! I was bored stiff and only two moments of individual skill stole the points for us.

I predicted yesterday that the gate would fall for this midweek match in poor weather, but wondered whether recent results would see a few more attending. 12,700 spectators on the ground watching the best team at this moment in the division playing at home. It is genuinely concerning. I doubt it will get much better for Boro with the match on tv and it being a Friday night as well.

Muted atmosphere again, very small crowd, very poor performance, very lucky win. With the largest and most expensive squad in the division this was clearly not acceptable, but the 3 points gained will gild the lilly yet again. I have no idea what defensive work they do each week, but we could have easily been 3-0 down without many complaints.

To be honest I was stunned by last night lucky result - although happy for the win. I was aware how bad barnsley were having watched them v Brighton at the end of september. It is ok having good forward play, but not if the defence is bad. Bad defending does not give the forwards any confidence is their own play. Rovers have scored 14 to Brightons 12. But have conceeded 9 to brightons 3. That is a goal a match difference. That to me is a hige difference. A good defence can give confidence to the forward play in a match. Rovers beat barnsley 2 1. Wheereas Brighton beat them 5 1. The latter because of the solid defence they have that helped the forward play.

Kean - or whoever - needs to sort this defence out soon. Because any promotion push cannot be sustained the way the defence are playing now. Going forwards fine, but defence !!!!!! woeful.

I saw a lot of championship matches last season and there are some good teams in it. Often slow starters to be honest. But get stronger as the season goes on.

Highlighted blue are those players who would be good enough in the PL, amber are those who might be ok, as for the rest...................

Therein lies the problem !!!

Normally agree with your posts Merc.. but man you dont think Etuhu, Gomes and CKR are EPL level..? personally think Best has already proven himself at that level and Rhodes has all the attributes to do well there, and as for Gomes the guy has proven himself over and over.

Your right on some though, Marcus Olsson, Murphy (in the current side), peds, Dunn, orr, Rochina (as he is now), Dann and bruno are not EPL quality.

Archived