BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Barnsley home 12/13

Tom

If you thought Kean set up the team right tonight then I'd go and see a doctor, an exorcist, an optician and a lobotomist.

Not necessarily in that order.

Oh sorry are you angry because we won AGAIN?????

If im being honest Kean won us the game with his subs... he must be learning.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shut up you gonad it's a web forum not a spelling bee.

I don't give a monkeys about words that aren't names, but it just comes across as rude mispelling simple names. You spent two paragraphs talking about him but couldn't be bothered to spell his five letter name correctly.

He was awful DMTP and that goes for his movement too. For someone with his experience he should be making up for his aging legs with movement and reading the game a bit better. As for Murphy, he's played two games in a week and that's going to take its toll on him.

Hmm ... Murphy excused as he played two games in a week.... Pedersen also played two matches ?

Thought Kean set up the team right tonight (for once), Murphy, Pedersen, Dann and Rochina let us down tonight and dont dserve to wear the ###### shirt.

Why?

Just how consistantly good have these four been over the past eighteen months or so to suggest that Kean had got it right.

My first home game this season and I agree with most posters that we were crap, couldn't string 2 passes together all night, couldn't defend at all, had no shape or direction to any of our play but yet managed to win yet again. It won't last.

We all know we can't defend but with the flair and attack minded players at our disposal, the home crowd should at least be entertained, not have to endure another inept performance and be consoled by the fact we got 3 points.

What a shocking, inept performance that was. How we are top of the league, God only knows.

The defence is a shambles and midfield is a joke.

The only players worth praising are Rhodes, Gomes, Nunes and (2nd half) Formica.

There is absolutely no game plan. The players are not playing for each other. No one wants the ball. What do they do on the training ground?

We need a new manager and fast. Because there is enough talent out there to run away with this division with the right boss.

I know it sounds daft because we are top of the league but, IMO, it's true.

KEAN OUT

Oh sorry are you angry because we won AGAIN?????

If im being honest Kean won us the game with his subs... he must be learning.

I'm not angry, I almost coughed up a kidney after leaping about when Gomes (GOMES!) scored. I just think you're talking tosh. We were awful tonight and for me that was down to the manager. In terms of personnel we were in a different class to Barnsley but their manager had them better organized and better motivated. They outplayed us for most part because they had a game plan, which we were sorely lacking. Any old chud could have seen we needed to get some width about our game but it took a long time before any action was taken from the bench.

I don't give a monkeys about words that aren't names, but it just comes across as rude mispelling simple names. You spent two paragraphs talking about him but couldn't be bothered to spell his five letter name correctly.

I just didn't really think about it. I don't think GOMES! will be too offended when he reads through all of these posts and sees me complimenting him so don't let it bother you too much.

Hmm ... Murphy excused as he played two games in a week.... Pedersen also played two matches ?

Pedersen is four years younger than him. And my criticism of him is that he just doesn't seem to think about what he's doing whereas I believe that Murphy's problem isn't just his legs but the options he has available to him when he's looking to pass the ball. I'm not one of the Pedersen haters but tonight he was completely dire. To be fair he wasn't the only one and it was the managers job to change things as it obviously wasn't working.

Thought Kean set up the team right tonight (for once), Murphy, Pedersen, Dann and Rochina let us down tonight and dont dserve to wear the ###### shirt.

You can add Hanley to that, two ricks should have resulted in Barnsley scoring then got done far to easily for the goal.

Here's what I think of our players so far.

Orr = Poor

Dann = Poor

Robbo = Poor

Olsson = Average

Hanley = Poor

Etuhu = Decent

Pedersen = Inconsistent

Rochina = Saved us couple times but woeful tonight.

Rhodes = Class

Murphy = worst by far

Gomes = Class

Really are being carried in my opinion.

As bad as Pedersen was didn't he play a part in Rhodes' goal? Or was it Rochina? Either way whoever it wasn't contributed nothing positive at all!

It was Orr's free kick Tom.

Brilliant goal. Controlled it, then turned and hit it on the half volley.

Here's what I think of our players so far.

Orr = Poor

Dann = Poor

Robbo = Poor

Olsson = Average

Hanley = Poor

Etuhu = Decent

Pedersen = Inconsistent

Rochina = Saved us couple times but woeful tonight.

Rhodes = Class

Murphy = worst by far

Gomes = Class

Really are being carried in my opinion.

Dont think many can argue with that assessment.

Someone nodded it back across the box first

According to someone it was indeed Pedersen. I think I was taken by the moment because I don't remember anyone nodding it back, I just remember thinking I hadn't seen anyone score a goal like that since our glory days. Didn't see the replay. Would love to see Rhodes get some service, he'd rip the league apart.

• Backroom

One incident annoyed me tonight, when Murphy hit the ball against the Barnsley player off the free kick.

Yes he wasn't ten yards and the referee could have booked him but what was Murphy trying to achieve, he deliberately hit it against him to try and get him booked and it backfired and I don't fully blame the ref for playing on.

Glad for another three points in the battle against relegation. That said, it only consolidates Kean's incredibly lucky streak. It seems we were bossed as usual but, fortunately, the quality of our players is the only thing saving us from the chimp manager's tactical ineptitude.

One incident annoyed me tonight, when Murphy hit the ball against the Barnsley player off the free kick.

Yes he wasn't ten yards and the referee could have booked him but what was Murphy trying to achieve, he deliberately hit it against him to try and get him booked and it backfired and I don't fully blame the ref for playing on.

The referee did nothing wrong at all there imo, Murphy tried to take a quick one when he shouldn't have and it backfired big style. In fact he did that several times tonight, taking silly little free kicks when we went from being awarded a free kick in a dangerous position to one of our players being under extreme pressure due to an ill advised short pass.

Just in general I didn't think Barnsley were unlucky tonight, they weren't good enough to win the game simple as. We didn't play well but produced moments of genuine quality which proved the difference. That has pretty much been the case in the previous two home games as well.

The player should have been ten yards though and wasn't, so for me the referee should have blown his whistle.

If I were a Barnsley fan I'd feel robbed. Flashes of individual brilliance seems to be carrying us through some dire performances.

6 poor tactical performances and tonight the worst of the lot, yet top of league.

The quality in this division is really poor and Stevie wonder could take us up with this squad.

Positives, who is Guidetti? Had 100% faith that Rhodes was the right buy for us, never wavered and the fruits are there already. Gomes and Rhodes will take this team up

Defensively shocking, Dann is quickly becoming a big money flop, turns like a bus, his awareness of strikers poor, and to be struggling in this division says it all.

I will wager with anyone, at any price that Kean is removed before xmas,

To end on a positive its nice to be top of the league

Archived