BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Barnsley home 12/13

Tom

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crowd-wise, I think this just shows how wrong Agnew and co are in their claims that success will bring the fans back. Maybe it will next season, but in the short-term having 10,000 walk-ons simply will not happen no matter how well we're doing. Venkys had one chance to retain the fans this season, that was this summer and they blew it. They and Kean will have to take their medicine for this season, but I do feel bad for the players.

Sounds like a great result given a very poor performance.

When even Kean says we were way below par than it must have been bad.

Regarding luck, remember someone said last year that good manager makes their own luck. Looks like that statement comes back to hunt us :)

We need a new manager and fast. Because there is enough talent out there to run away with this division with the right boss.

I know it sounds daft because we are top of the league but, IMO, it's true.

KEAN OUT

You are quite right it does sound daft!

We quite rightly blamed kean for relegation; why are we blaming him for being top of the league?

Last night was my first trip to Ewood this season, delighted with the win but the match that I watched was not the best by any stretch of the imagination. Barnsley where decent, the game had draw written all over it, I don't think they did enough to deserve a win themselves as alot of their play ended in unforced errors. It appears we have come across another team in this league that just can't take their chances either. Harewood should have scored after Dann's howler, but thankfully he blasted wide.

Gomes and Nunes where the inspirational game changers for me. Kean actually made a couple of changes that got us the points in the end. He seems to be aware of how to use Gomes to the best of his ability. Was my first chance to see Nunes and I was very impressed with his cameo. He showed determination and wasn't scared to whip a ball into the box. The winning goal was a great move, the best move of the match for Rovers.

Rhodes is clearly a quality striker and if Rovers get abck to the premiership thanks to his goals then I can see a big prem club sitting up and taking serious notice in the near future. I think we are all well aware that this guy is going onto bigger and better things than Rovers and championship football in the long term.

The midfield was awful however. Murphy and Etuhu played like they'd never set eyes on each other before. Murhpy was like a grandad struggling around at times, and Etuhu needs to put a bit more weight behind his passing, I was really disapointed with them both. Pedersen was poor and Formica was ineffective on the right as usual because he's not a flipping right winger. Ribeiro would've been better out there and I hope he is back in on Friday.

Rochina showed signs of brilliance in very VERY short glimpses, he is still making bad decisions and not passing when the opportunity is there.

All in all, pleased with the win, delighted to be where we are at this stage but feeling a bit uneasy about how we are winning most games. Boro on friday are there for the taking.

Rovers were awful last night but the firepower we have saved us again just a thought what if we sorted out the defence and the injured strikers Leon Best and Kazim Richards return then the teams in this league will have something to fear as for the stay away fans do just that stay away I for one don't regard you as fans Rovers fans anyway.

Normally agree with your posts Merc.. but man you dont think Etuhu, Gomes and CKR are EPL level..? personally think Best has already proven himself at that level and Rhodes has all the attributes to do well there, and as for Gomes the guy has proven himself over and over.

Your right on some though, Marcus Olsson, Murphy (in the current side), peds, Dunn, orr, Rochina (as he is now), Dann and bruno are not EPL quality.

Etuhu is a decent, but limited midfielder, who can do a job in the Premiership. As good as Gomes has been (and he was one of my favourite players when growing up), I would question if he would be good enough to play in the Premiership at his age. I don't think CKR is Premier League quality. He's the type of player that can get you out of the Championship, but isn't good enough to then make an impact at that level.

Rovers were awful last night but the firepower we have saved us again just a thought what if we sorted out the defence and the injured strikers Leon Best and Kazim Richards return then the teams in this league will have something to fear as for the stay away fans do just that stay away I for one don't regard you as fans Rovers fans anyway.

I'm not a stay away fan, but Youre either being self-righteous or you are simply willy waving! :wstu:

Kean commenting on game:

"I must be very honest. I thought we were dreadful in the first half. We were well under the standards we set. We didn't pass the ball well enough in any areas of the pitch.

Not like him to admit when we are playing crap, makes a change from the usual delusion we had to suffer prior to this season.

You have your own opinion. I believe that the stay aways are doing the fans a great service. It is the only chance of getting rid of Kean. It takes a lot of self discipline to give up something you enjoy for a principle. They are the real fans in my opinion.

Kean commenting on game:

"I must be very honest. I thought we were dreadful in the first half. We were well under the standards we set. We didn't pass the ball well enough in any areas of the pitch.

Not like him to admit when we are playing crap, makes a change from the usual delusion we had to suffer prior to this season.

Indeed.

However, i don't expect him to rectify the problems. Much like him talking about defending better in the past, it just never happened.

There has certainly been a noticable shift in Kean's after match analysis from the ridiculous (Spurs away anyone?) to the believable. I can't help but think he's been told to do this by Aggers to try to get back onside with the fans bearing in mind his voice isn't the only one audible in Pune anymore.

He can try but the ship has long since sailed, the empty seats speak louder than anything that tumbles out of his lying mouth now anyway.

Kean commenting on game:

Not like him to be honest either lol

I'm a stay away fan who's pumped over 22 years worth of his honest money into season tickets and away games. I was too young for Carlton at wembley, but I went wembley vrs Leicester, Anfield for the title decider, both of the charity shield games and the worthington cup win in Cardiff. Not bad for a ###### fan eh?!

I'm a stay away fan who's pumped over 22 years worth of his honest money into season tickets and away games. I was too young for Carlton at wembley, but I went wembley vrs Leicester, Anfield for the title decider, both of the charity shield games and the worthington cup win in Cardiff. Not bad for a ###### fan eh?!

The fans that are left aren't exactly creating an atmosphere. Sounds like you need these stay away fans back.

Rovers under Kean have been awful and some players have been as much to blame but maybe I'm starting to see why some players don't come over to the fans anymore. I will sing Kean out and I will call players but reading the messages sent to some of the players on twitter is cringe worthy.

Orr isn't that bad of a player. He's no world beater but he's steady but I was embarrassed reading some of the tweets sent to him last night. Also why the ell are some people shocked that murphys wife is blocking them. What the hell are you asking her for.

It's probably a small minority but these people are representing the rest of us. It's probably the berating they receive that swings their allegiance towards Kean. Some idiot was offering Orr out last night because he likes boxing for gods sake

Rovers under Kean have been awful and some players have been as much to blame but maybe I'm starting to see why some players don't come over to the fans anymore. I will sing Kean out and I will call players but reading the messages sent to some of the players on twitter is cringe worthy.

Orr isn't that bad of a player. He's no world beater but he's steady but I was embarrassed reading some of the tweets sent to him last night. Also why the ell are some people shocked that murphys wife is blocking them. What the hell are you asking her for.

It's probably a small minority but these people are representing the rest of us. It's probably the berating they receive that swings their allegiance towards Kean. Some idiot was offering Orr out last night because he likes boxing for gods sake

Nothing to do with Orr the Footballer, Orr the mouth, the ###### he come out with after the Wigan game made me feel sick then and still riles me now and obviously others to

You have your own opinion. I believe that the stay aways are doing the fans a great service. It is the only chance of getting rid of Kean. It takes a lot of self discipline to give up something you enjoy for a principle. They are the real fans in my opinion.

Well said!

You are quite right it does sound daft!

We quite rightly blamed kean for relegation; why are we blaming him for being top of the league?

I think that it's because we are top of the league in spite of him. We have been awful this season. The majority of our results have come about, not because of good team play or tactical know how, but because we have one or two players better than most of those in the league, who can pull a rabbit out of a hat when it's needed. If you are relying on Gomes or Rhodes to consistently do this, while the rest of the team are floundering, it's not something that bodes well for the future.

I think that it's because we are top of the league in spite of him. We have been awful this season. The majority of our results have come about, not because of good team play or tactical know how, but because we have one or two players better than most of those in the league, who can pull a rabbit out of a hat when it's needed. If you are relying on Gomes or Rhodes to consistently do this, while the rest of the team are floundering, it's not something that bodes well for the future.

Couldn't have put it better myself. We are only on top of the league based on individual quality. We have performed for 30 minutes against Leeds which simply isn't good enough. The performances that we have put in this season would see us comfortably get beat in the Premier League, which is the most worrying aspect of it.

Kean needs to go as soon as possible. We need a manager who can see us through the rest of this season (by getting us promoted) and one that can consolidate our position in the Premier League again.

I can understand why he isn't being sacked at this moment in time, as Venky's would come under a lot of pressure from the media for sacking a manager who is on top of the league (that is how the media would see it). I hope, and pray, that they sack him when the opportunity arises because the longer this cretin stays at our club, the more damage he will cause.

We have invested heavily in the like of Rhodes and with Kean in charge, he will do him more harm than good. Good managers would be able to nurture the likes of Rochina and Formica, however from last nights performance I don't think Rochina has progressed much since we first seen him (i.e. still greedy and holding onto the ball for longer than necessary). His progress has been stagnant over the 18 months he has been here and that is also very worrying.

So anybody who does go to a home game is not a real fan then?

Makes about as much sense as the accusation that those who've been to home games for decades and are now making a specific boycott for the long-term benefit of the club aren't real fans. And I've heard the latter made a lot more often.

So two wrongs make a right?

Makes about as much sense as the accusation that those who've been to home games for decades and are now making a specific boycott for the long-term benefit of the club aren't real fans. And I've heard the latter made a lot more often.

Your quoting her reminds me why I have had her on ignore for a long time.

Archived