BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Barnsley home 12/13

Tom

What have I just watched, erase the goals from the match and the wrong team won. We are lucky, very lucky that we have the quality in this team because the disorganisation and poor defence should have cost us tonights match. Maybe the Championship really is that bad, I am shocked at just how many chances Barnsley squandered. To be fair to Kean I thought that we were becoming more composed on the ball and learning some lessons but tonight the team just looked nervy and lacked the passion and commitment to win the ball back when they lost it.

A win is a win, the nightmare continues. Thank god we've bought the next Alan Shearer, when Rhodes and Gomes are on the pitch together we have the best strikeforce in the Championship without doubt. We certainly have the players to be a promotion side, just hope that we can achieve it.

Could have been one of the best comedy moments at Ewood for a while if Steve Kean had been sent off, what on earth was all that about?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well thats just pathetic on his part

It's not pathetic, it's completely true. The Premier League are trying to ensure that the same clubs going down have the best chance of coming back up. Presumably they think those clubs are likely to then have a better infrastructure and will ultimately make the league stronger.

There is no justification for giving relegated clubs money for 4 years. None at all.

Very poor performance, Out of the starting line up, no-one turned up apart from Rhodes and Etuhu who I both thought were very good.

I thought Murphy, Pedersen and Rochina were particularly poor on the night.

The turning point was the introduction of Nunes who was absolutely electric when he came on and put a goal on a plate for Gomes with a sublime cross. I thought he looked not unlike Ronaldo when he came on with his directness and single mindedness to beat his man and willingness to get forward - you immediately had the sense something was going to happen when he replaced the hapless Pedersen.

At the moment we're not playing well but different players seem to be producing little moments of inspiration and class at various points at just the right times which is just about getting us through. If we can actually put a good all round perfoirmance in as well someone could get a right thumping, soon -hopefully starting withb Middlesborough.

• Backroom

If we can actually put a good all round perfoirmance in as well someone could get a right thumping, soon -hopefully starting withb Middlesborough.

First thing's first Rev, we'll need Kean to leave before we get a 'good all round performance'. Pretty sure we haven't had one of those since he took charge 18 months ago.

just had a look on a barnsley board.....they are fuming that they lost 69% posession apparently the manager has fumed in post match that the league is rigged because of parachute payments says £8m won that match

I think he'll find he was beaten by two free transfers.

Anyway just got back from the match. We were poor, very poor. Barnsley fans must have felt absolutely robbed. Rhodes played very well, his all round game was good and his goal was fantastic. I don't know what all these Huddersfield fans are talking about that he's some one dimensional goal poacher who needs lots of service. The guy is brilliant. Gomez also showed his class when he came on and Nunes really should have been on sooner. Pedersen was terrible and we needed someone to get round the back of them. When Nunes put that cross in I knew Gomez was going to score.

As for our overall game we weren't organized at all and didn't seem to have any sort of game plan. Barnsley were organized and wanted to win. We were like we were in a practice game, apart from Rhodes. It's a shame Gomez isn't a few years younger, they look like quite a partnership. I have to say that Gomez doesn't look his age.

But it has to be said. How we are at the top of the league, only team unbeaten, I'm not quite sure.

It's not pathetic, it's completely true. The Premier League are trying to ensure that the same clubs going down have the best chance of coming back up. Presumably they think those clubs are likely to then have a better infrastructure and will ultimately make the league stronger.

There is no justification for giving relegated clubs money for 4 years. None at all.

I don't think that's the primary objective of parachute payments at all. They're trying to minimise the risk of Clubs who are tied into paying players humongous Premiership wages on lengthy 4 or 5 year deals going to the wall.

These results we keep getting that we don't deserve aren't down to luck, they've already happened too much for that. They're down to quality, the ability to score more goals on less chances.

Its a tough one really on how to treat Kean. He's obviously causing the side to underperform, and yet how can you really criticise being top and unbeaten? In my opinion the guy can motivate players but is inept tactically, a bit like Dalglish in every job he hasn't had Harford.

Maybe Kean just needs a Harford, but then are he and venkys too inept to even know how to find one?

My next match Forest Away, On my happy hols tomorrow.

Reading these posts and seeing the attendance tonight most agree that still - Kean has to go.

Would it be churlish of me to suggest a Kean out protest at an upcoming home match?

All boycotters back for a good old sing along?

I know this won't go down well - but I will stick up for Pedersen, Yes he had a poor match - but he was one of the few midfield players who always made himself available and was always moving. He also covered Olsson's runs up field.

At the moment I would play him in centre midfield rather than Murphy - to be honest he couldn't be any worse - and at least he shows some movement off the ball.

Its a tough one really on how to treat Kean. He's obviously causing the side to underperform, and yet how can you really criticise being top and unbeaten? In my opinion the guy can motivate players but is inept tactically, a bit like Dalglish in every job he hasn't had Harford.

Do you mean the same Kenny who won the league with Liverpool and without Harford?

It may have been mentioned buy was tonights attendance the lowest in the league since the day King Kenny walked into Ewood back in October 1991......21 long years ago?

• Backroom

Whether you agree with them or not I think it stinks of sour grapes to blame a defeat on it

Well by a Harford I just mean a tactically excellent assistant. I can only assume he didn't have one for his disastrous spells at Newcastle, Celtic and Liverpool the second time.

As for the Pedersen stick, arguably deserved tonight but depressingly quick to be singled out as usual. Murphy's been poor almost all season but rarely see him getting stick. Pedersen produced at Ipswich, Leicester and Leeds, but fans are straight on his back again tonight.

I think he'll find he was beaten by two free transfers.

Anyway just got back from the match. We were poor, very poor. Barnsley fans must have felt absolutely robbed. Rhodes played very well, his all round game was good and his goal was fantastic. I don't know what all these Huddersfield fans are talking about that he's some one dimensional goal poacher who needs lots of service. The guy is brilliant. Gomez also showed his class when he came on and Nunes really should have been on sooner. Pedersen was terrible and we needed someone to get round the back of them. When Nunes put that cross in I knew Gomez was going to score.

As for our overall game we weren't organized at all and didn't seem to have any sort of game plan. Barnsley were organized and wanted to win. We were like we were in a practice game, apart from Rhodes. It's a shame Gomez isn't a few years younger, they look like quite a partnership. I have to say that Gomez doesn't look his age.

But it has to be said. How we are at the top of the league, only team unbeaten, I'm not quite sure.

GOMES!

I know this won't go down well - but I will stick up for Pedersen, Yes he had a poor match - but he was one of the few midfield players who always made himself available and was always moving. He also covered Olsson's runs up field.

At the moment I would play him in centre midfield rather than Murphy - to be honest he couldn't be any worse - and at least he shows some movement off the ball.

He was awful DMTP and that goes for his movement too. For someone with his experience he should be making up for his aging legs with movement and reading the game a bit better. As for Murphy, he's played two games in a week and that's going to take its toll on him. Also he had players at Fulham who he could put the ball through to on the wings. As we didn't start with any players out wide that would have proven difficult so more often than not, passes were backwards. I still think it's the case with the majority of our players that the manager isn't wringing the best out of them and Murphy is one of them that could do a much better job in the right system.

GOMES!

Shut up you gonad it's a web forum not a spelling bee.

My next match Forest Away, On my happy hols tomorrow.

Reading these posts and seeing the attendance tonight most agree that still - Kean has to go.

Would it be churlish of me to suggest a Kean out protest at an upcoming home match?

All boycotters back for a good old sing along?

Churlish; yes.

Idiotic; yes.

We've only dropped four points (albeit the performances haven't been great) so Kean won't be sacked and all you'll be risking is our league position.

How was Formica? Heard he ran his socks off but was limited on the wing. Just wondering if he'd be better in the number 10 position than Rochina based on his lack of knowledge for the game (again from what i'm hearing).

Thought Kean set up the team right tonight (for once), Murphy, Pedersen, Dann and Rochina let us down tonight and dont dserve to wear the ###### shirt.

If you thought Kean set up the team right tonight then I'd go and see a doctor, an exorcist, an optician and a lobotomist.

Not necessarily in that order.

Archived