BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Barnsley home 12/13

Tom

If tonight was worse than the Ipswich and Hull matches it must have been bad. We should have lost 3-1 at Portman Road and it's obvious we are getting away with poor play and mistakes in this league that would have been punished last year.

Still, it's a results business and at the moment they are going our way - so let's enjoy it while it lasts. I don't know why some people think Kean will be gone before Christmas. To jettison him now with the team in winning mode would make no sense even by Venky's standards.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first half was bad all round... stressed out after being stuck on the M56 for an hour on the way up and only getting to the ground as the game was starting and then seeing us being outplayed and outworked, we are so pedestrian whereas Barnsley (and Leicester before them) were incisive and direct and should've been up by more than one before Rhodes scored a great strikers goal.

Second half pretty much the same... Murphy? where is his spirit?? he is just going through the motions it seems and getting well paid for it. When Nunes came on I was like... who? and didn't expect much but when he crossed that ball and Gomes scored... well that was enough to make everything worthwhile.

I enjoyed seeing Kean showing his frustration with the ref and his post match interview where he actually called the game as it was instead of the usual 'we played great ect'

@glen mullan... I am sorry to see that you can't resist bigging yourself up with your 'kean out before christmas' (because my best friend shebby says so).... give it a rest eh?

anyways... it'll probably be another helter skelter game on friday but for now I'm just going to enjoy that gomes goal.

If tonight was worse than the Ipswich and Hull matches it must have been bad. We should have lost 3-1 at Portman Road and it's obvious we are getting away with poor play and mistakes in this league that would have been punished last year.

Still, it's a results business and at the moment they are going our way - so let's enjoy it while it lasts. I don't know why some people think Kean will be gone before Christmas. To jettison him now with the team in winning mode would make no sense even by Venky's standards.

I don't think anybody is enjoying anything at the moment, it's bizarre but a fact.

The pertinent point is that we as supporters are still pixsed off even though we are top of the league. At this level we have a multitude of players capable of walking this league. We also should have never been relegated last season.

Kean is seen as inept professionally and despised as an individual. That will never change.

Oh to enjoy going to Rovers again, win or lose.

All Rovers fans as one, supporting our team, Win or lose.

Sack the deluded bxxtard before we all get out of the habit!

There have been many questions asked as to why? (Spurs, Swansea in particular)

6 poor tactical performances and tonight the worst of the lot, yet top of league.

The quality in this division is really poor and Stevie wonder could take us up with this squad.

Positives, who is Guidetti? Had 100% faith that Rhodes was the right buy for us, never wavered and the fruits are there already. Gomes and Rhodes will take this team up

Defensively shocking, Dann is quickly becoming a big money flop, turns like a bus, his awareness of strikers poor, and to be struggling in this division says it all.

I will wager with anyone, at any price that Kean is removed before xmas,

Glen name your odds and how much you are prepared to wager

To end on a positive its nice to be top of the league

I think everyone is assuming Glen's prediction is based on his relationship with Shebby. I think it's just as easy to suggest that Glen has simply looked at the set of fixtures leading up to christmas, and judging by the way we are currently playing, predicting that we could lose three on the bounce, three of which could be against our local rivals;

Championship

Blackburn V Bolton Wed 28 Nov 19:45

December 2012

This table charts the fixtures in December 2012 Show last 5 matches and coverage Competition Fixture Date Kick-off Status Show Championship

Burnley V Blackburn Sun 2 Dec 12:30 Show Championship

Blackburn V Cardiff Sat 8 Dec 15:00 Show Championship

Blackpool V Blackburn Sat 15 Dec 15:00

I reckon if we find ourselves out of the auto promotion spot or even playoffs prior to these games and lose 3 of them (not out of the question) then kean would find himself under all kinds of pressure.

6 poor tactical performances and tonight the worst of the lot, yet top of league.

The quality in this division is really poor and Stevie wonder could take us up with this squad.

Positives, who is Guidetti? Had 100% faith that Rhodes was the right buy for us, never wavered and the fruits are there already. Gomes and Rhodes will take this team up

Defensively shocking, Dann is quickly becoming a big money flop, turns like a bus, his awareness of strikers poor, and to be struggling in this division says it all.

If you are that confident Glen you need to get to a bookies because you will get really good odds at the moment and make yourself a fair bit of money. A bet with anybody else will just be like for like. As much as I'd love it to be true I just can't see it.

Worrying attendance too 12,772. I broke the picket line for the first time with three others. Although it was free tickets which makes me feel slightly better about myself.

10,000 s/t

800 away fans

=2,000 walk ons

However the upper JW had lots of groups in which made me think cheap or free tickets like ourselves...

Around 15,000 other Rovers fans are hoping you're right glen :tu:

Wasn't at the game, mate text me saying:

"Still waiting for us to play well, sencond best again tonight, Rhodes goal a cracker"

Reading the reports it seems a fair assessment.

Several posts I'd like to quote and comment on but from the phone it takes an age. We were awful no doubt about it and this type of performance in the PL results in heavy defeats, whether it will or not in the Championship remains to be seen. The evidence of three games at Ewood suggests mistakes and poor performances are not punished as we might expect.

Revidge is 100% right when he says Barnsley were not good enough to win. Certainly we were outplayed tonight but we took the chances to win the game. That isn't luck, it's the opposition not doing their job properly. For all their dominance Barnsley didn't threaten much in the box. I'm not supporting Kean or ignoring a poor performance but one has to admit playing this badly and winning suggests our quality will out.

Other teams play badly, win and it's a sign if a good side. Rovers do the same and we are lucky. Can someone explain this to me?

In the last few minutes at 2-1 up there were hints, just hints, we could really take some sides apart this season.

I'm glad Kamy compared Rhodes with a young Shearer. I wanted to but didn't dare to!!! Rhodes needs to stay on his feet and be physically stronger but he knows where the goal is and we haven't seen that in years. The next Shearer? Could we be that lucky? Certainly there is a real similarity in styles.

Murphy was the worst player on the pitch by a mile. I've seen him three times and there is nothing to suggest he should be here let alone in the team. The free kick typified his performance and attitude, in the PL the way the ball broke this might well have gifted the opposition a goal. The last ten minutes aside I have not seen Murphy play a forward pass, support the strikers or make a quality tackle in three matches. It looks as though he's the passenger we can't afford.

As for the crowd, gathering yes very good, at 12772? This is the second game running I haven't believed the figure. I think it was 10,000 at best. The BBE and DE looked to be dropping off very quickly.

I will be surprised if he gets through november before being sacked.

with attendances dropping like they are at least it is sending a clear msg to agnew et al that people arent happy and wont be won back easily (even if he wont admit it). Blackpool v Boro had 300 less than us tonight and with our game being on sky on a friday can see us dropping into the 11ks.

Something has got to give.

Come on guys. One of you must have a programme handy from the 91/92 promotion season (mine are in my mothers loft).

Get one out and check when we had less than 12,700 on for a league game in that season. I bet it was pre-dalglish (ie before October 91)

Taking aside the "Kean factor" - these first six matches are very similar to last time we were relegated. Teams see us as the big scalp - and run their socks off against us. IMO this is why we are scoring so many goals towards the end of matches - as the opposition have just run out of steam.

Most worryingly - teams have realised we haven't much pace to hit on the break and are pressing our defenders which is leading them to make some silly mistakes.

I am hoping that Kazim-Richards and Olsson (Mk2) when both fit will enable us to hit teams on the break a little quicker - and maybe take some pressure off the defence.

I don't see these games as 'tough' at all.

You hear all this it's a 'competitive league', you've got to 'fight for every ball' etc.

I've found the matches lacking in any kind of intensity or pace and we are strolling through games, even with a poor defence and pedestrian midfield... And Kean.

If im being honest Kean won us the game with his subs... he must be learning.

"Learning" ? WUM.

Make no mistake, we're top despite Kean, not because of him. Having seen four games now, and the defending at Bristol, I'm absolutely astounded at the lack of quality in this division. It wasn't like this 12 years ago that's for certain.

The man is completely and utterly bereft of any redeeming qualities. An appauling man and a dreadful manager. I'd go as far as to suggest that I'd swap him for any other manager in the division and we'd still be top, be playing better football and have more fans on board.

Our luck will run out, Kean's time should run out before it.

Sheffield Wednesday had the sense to get rid of a manager while they were well placed in their league and get a better one in. Any decent football manager would get this squad promoted. Kean is the man to mess it up.

Asked Dannys wife on twitter if something is up with him, because tbh he loomed like he didn't give a ###### last night when we scored/

She just said i'm in the minority most are happy with his performances etc. Murphy has been dreadful, needs dropping, useless captain that does f all.

Asked Dannys wife on twitter if something is up with him, because tbh he loomed like he didn't give a ###### last night when we scored/

She just said i'm in the minority most are happy with his performances etc. Murphy has been dreadful, needs dropping, useless captain that does f all.

Will make my judgement from my couch on Friday! only read stats thus far!

with attendances dropping like they are at least it is sending a clear msg to agnew et al that people arent happy and wont be won back easily (even if he wont admit it). Blackpool v Boro had 300 less than us tonight and with our game being on sky on a friday can see us dropping into the 11ks.

Something has got to give.

People are clearly sticking to their word about staying away until Teflon is long gone,you cant knock that...sends a clear and certain message to the owners to act and act asap.

Archived