BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group meeting with Shebby Singh - 17th September 2012

mark1875

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really doubt he had ever heard of Rhodes prior to him joining in his global advisor role - he might be well known in the lower leagues but doubt many people in Europe/Rest of the world have heard of him either.

Well I think you are wrong here, remember he was a pundit, and Rhodes were a very hot topic in January window. I had never heard of Formica, vuckcevic, Colin kazim Richards, petrovic (all nationals btw) before they joined rovers, but I had heard of jordan Rhodes; the wonderboy from league 1, even seen some of his goals.

Ok I admit there is probably no other country in the world that are as excited and fanatic to English football as Norway and the norwegian media, but shebby being a pundit (allegedly not a great one) will follow transfer rumors and know what is going on in the market.

I can add that the Rhodes rumor was the first rumor that really got me excited, (well maybe papiss cisse got me a bit excited) and i include beckham and ronaldinho on that list

The realisation of no money being generated from ticket sales, sponsors, corporates ect Along with with many tales which have been found to not only have no foundation, but show the levels some would go to to hide the truth have brought about many changes in the key individuals minds.

They have been not only analising the visual effects of the last 2 years in terms of an empty stadium/no sponsors, but also the product on the pitch. (Remember Sam's removal) . Those who have previously positioned themselves in a position of trust, now find themselves on slippery ground.

If the above is how the situation is at present, then I for one am certainly optimistic that at last there might be light at the end of the tunnel. Not only does it seem that Kean might be on his last legs , but the terms hide the truth and slippery point to our PNE defender extreme of all things Team Kean and war on the supporters collaborator Agnew. Now those two out the door along with associated business's would be due cause for Celebration.

Appointment of a decent manager and replacement for Kean's accomplice , who have a desire to do everything in the best interests of BRFC would certainly be a welcome change to what the agenda's seem to have been over the last couple of years.

It's all well and good blowing smoke up shebbys arse regarding Rhodes and Gomes, but we have also signed a few who are nowhere near good enough. Edinho Junior will never be a top flight striker.

I agree Edinho hasn't looked good so far - but he was brought in as a "development" player, and is still young (though I also have my doubts whether he will eventually come good).

However - looking at just those three players - if we can maintain a ratio of two very good (if not excellent) transfers to every poor one we won't be doing too bad.

At the moment the inaction is speaking louder than any action by either venkys and even shebby. Very nice suggesting doing various community stuff. But if they really do want to give a boost to their investment, the community, to the club, to the supporters - sacking Kean is the only way.

One concern for me though is who at the club is competent to get in a decent manager. what competent manager would want to come to a club when they have no say in what players they can either buy or play.

Surely not another Vinny Rao asking fans for targets?

Oh, not again. Threads like this plus ‘What should Venky’s do to regain your trust now?’ and ‘What would be your Rovers lineup and formation?’ do scare the pants off me in case Venkys are so clueless as to keep using the fans to tell them what to do. Whilst they might get lucky in the short term with some good tips it’s absolutely stark raving bonkers for a club to be reliant in the long term on anyone other than a shrewd, experienced manager and chairman, she says stating the blummin obvious. But therein lies the problem, doesn’t it? What’s obvious to us is as clear as mud to someone over in Venky Towers in Pune.

its almost like the tree's in Lord of the Rings 2 ..... i just hope that now they do remove Kean , its killing me not going to games , but you've just got to hope like Glen says it IS having an impact

• Backroom

Oh, not again. Threads like this plus ‘What should Venky’s do to regain your trust now?’ and ‘What would be your Rovers lineup and formation?’ do scare the pants off me in case Venkys are so clueless as to keep using the fans to tell them what to do. Whilst they might get lucky in the short term with some good tips it’s absolutely stark raving bonkers for a club to be reliant in the long term on anyone other than a shrewd, experienced manager and chairman, she says stating the blummin obvious. But therein lies the problem, doesn’t it? What’s obvious to us is as clear as mud to someone over in Venky Towers in Pune.

To be fair I was only guessing and am probably way off

I agree though it's ridiculous if they went back down that line you may as well do away with scouts and even a manager heck lets have a phone vote to choose the starting line up!

Shebby is a football expert though so he wouldn't need help

• Backroom

I think you're a lot closer than you realise

I know it happened in the past but Rhodes was such an obvious target I imagine the club have watched him before, say it quietly but for me any credit for that one has to go to whoever approved the funds for it!

Anyway that's not really the topic at hand here sorry

Thought it was common knowledge Shebby got his player recommendations from Journalists? It's a step up from Vinny Rao who got his on Facebook

As for the meeting, those are proper notes, not just a list of topics and attendees.

Pleased by the comments from both sides, although as always it's actions not words that will change things. What a surprise Kean won't meet the fans! Especially since he's now telling the media he's won us all over.

who are these Journalists???

wonder if one of these was/is Andy Gray as he has know him for around 10 years. They seem very friendly when Shebby spoke to Keys and Gray on talksport about us around about 3 or 4 weeks ago and mention a football game which they were all involve it about 10 years ago or maybe even before that.

I wouldnt have a problem if Gray is helping Shebby because of all the football he has watch and does watch each week. Good advisor to have in my view.

Very nice suggesting doing various community stuff. But if they really do want to give a boost to their investment, the community, to the club, to the supporters - sacking Kean is the only way.

No offence but don't you think that you're exaggerating a little with that post? Wouldn't the supporters who need life-saving treatments benefit more from Rovers offer of free medical care, rather than the sacking of Kean?

No offence but don't you think that you're exaggerating a little with that post? Wouldn't the supporters who need life-saving treatments benefit more from Rovers offer of free medical care, rather than the sacking of Kean?

Medical care is free in the UK, the venky's are trying to take the moral high ground instead of doing the right thing and sacking coco and the vast majority of supporters will see right through what they are trying to do. I find it abhorent that they think they can curry favour in this way.

Medical care is free in the UK, the venky's are trying to take the moral high ground instead of doing the right thing and sacking coco and the vast majority of supporters will see right through what they are trying to do. I find it abhorent that they think they can curry favour in this way.

I agree. I cringed when I read about that. It's like companies doing things for charity, but their only interest is using it as a marketing exercise.

For me personally, all they need to do is sack Kean and apologies for the mistakes they have made.

I prerferred you when you pretented to be Indian, at least you made me laugh.

Archived