BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group meeting with Shebby Singh - 17th September 2012

mark1875

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting read and clearly gives an insight to the postivie action the group as a whole have made together.

I may be being a little sceptical but just why wont Kean mee the fans ? After all, we see just how POSITIVE he is with everything and how he THINKS he will WIN the FANS back in the next few games,months or whatever.

From reading the notes, I wonder just how much of the KEAN OUT messgae will actually hit home to the owners added to the IMPETUS and IMPROVEMENT that the Ewood experience will gain from the higher fanbase attendance and more positive atmosphere at the ground.

Well done to you all.

But this is the million pound question, is it not. Kean has his reward, a huge salary, way beyond someone with his experience and ability deserves. Why should he meet the fans? He knows he would have an awful ride, and so he will not put himself through it, would you? It is patently obvious to the Raos why the attendances are so low, yet they missed the golden opportunity to do something about it during the summer, and are now stuck with Kean due to the start we have made.

Well done to the Action Group for continuing to put the pressure on. I for one will be back once the reviled one has gone.

Very interesting stuff. I'm hoping someone will be able to elaborate more on points 10 and 14 to explain exactly what the owners are doing in each case.

Point 10- The owners are personally funding the ladies team costings and affiliation out of their own pockets to ensure they can play at the highest level for Womens football.

Point 14- Venkys are heavily involved in projects surrounding this area, and we are still trying to get our heads around it, When we know more we will share with everyone, but they have asked the BRFC Action Group to lead this project. The meeting only took place last night and as a committee we need to discuss a lot of these points in this weeks group committee meeting

A proper and detailed set of minutes. This is much appreciated and is in contrast to the usual minutes that we usually get from some groups.

Thank you.

As an elected committee we always try and be open and transparent by issuing detailed and informative minutes from our meetings. This we feel helps our members and fellow fans to gain a better insight into the running of the club.

We will always take this approach as half baked minutes only serve to add to the confusion, and are in no way constructive.

• Backroom

If I had a quid for every time I have heard open and transparent, democratically elected and fsf affiliated over the last few months I'd be a rich man :P

These minutes read well though, ive never hidden that personally I don't hold much faith in Shebby and see him as a bit of a joker but it's clear the owners want to use him as a vessel to communicate with fans which can only be a good thing. He seems our best route to them and it would be churlish not to exploit that.

He may BS 90% of the time but the 10% may be useful to fans

Good stuff

Hope Shebby has made a note of another poor attendance tonight.

It really is this simple....

KEAN GOES, WE ALL RETURN.

If attendances, sponsorship and corporate deals meant anything to them, they would have done the right thing last season, before we dropped out of the premier league.

Point 10- The owners are personally funding the ladies team costings and affiliation out of their own pockets to ensure they can play at the highest level for Womens football.

Point 14- Venkys are heavily involved in projects surrounding this area, and we are still trying to get our heads around it, When we know more we will share with everyone, but they have asked the BRFC Action Group to lead this project. The meeting only took place last night and as a committee we need to discuss a lot of these points in this weeks group committee meeting

I found Point 14 interesting because we've had dicussions on here before about "what can Venky's do to win fans back onside". I never even considered them doing something like funding life saving surgeries for the people of Blackburn. Even if it was a popularity stunt, what a massive gesture to make. I'm keen to hear more about what they plan to do at Blackburn in regards to this and also what they have done in Pune so far. It sounds like a great initiative for them to take.

Glen, I've been meaning to post this on other threads before, but it is really good to see you guys taking the right approach in regards to helping the club, which I am in full support of. I was not a fan of the continued protests last season, and would still be against it, but it seems you guys are now going through the right avenues and putting pressure on the right people to ensure the club starts being run in a more professional and responsible manner.

Based on this assumption Glen, why the hell will they not do the simple thing that would both galvanise the talented squad of players that has been assembled and reunite the fan base of reluctant attendees and reluctant absentees. It ain't rocket science

Those minutes are a really good read and, genuinely, I'm impressed both by BRFCAG and Venky's. Winning hearts and minds is crucial to their acceptance and actually making a difference behind the scenes goes a long way to doing that.

One point I hope BRFCAG do note is that this particular task that Venky's/Rovers have involved you in and asked you to drive is going to be very demanding and tough. It is essential that you get it right first time and make it a complete success both for your own credibility and for Venky's continued trust in you and who you are. BRFCAG's reputation and trustworthiness is at stake not only with Venky's and Rovers, but also with everybody else watching.

All these gestures are nice. But sound like bribes from the owners to me. Especially whilst kean remains at the club. If Kean is removed, then these gestures have meaning.

The best move venkys could do now, is sack kean. Then bring in a decent manager.

Until that happens fans will continue their boycott. Sponsorship etc etc will continue to suffer.

Ironically if they sacked kean now, the return of fans plus any sponsorships deals would pay his undeserved compensation.

Sadly shebby singh is talking, but not acting.

The surgery offer is an astonishing one in many ways. Presumably this has to be private care as I can't see money jumping any NHS queues. For the sake of someone who needs this I hope the Raos deliver on this. History suggests they may not - the visit to Birdy's house, the failure (I believe but could be wrong) to follow through the promise to pay Birdy and three others Pune expenses?

Glen I'd be interested to learn the official stance on calculating crowd figures. To me the Leicester and Barnsley looked closer to 10000 than 13000. Are all ST holders whether present or not being counted etc?

Continuing excellent work by the BRFC Action Group.

The sections of the minutes which caught my eye are these:

5) Meeting with the manager. Shebby Singh stated that Steve Kean does not wish to meet with supporters and on this occasion he would hope the supporters would respect the managers wishes.

6) Meeting with the owners. Shebby stated that due to the groups professional approach and understanding during these difficult times, a meeting with the owners will happen at some point in the very near future. The owners now have a much greater understanding of problems from the past and the lack of information provided prior to Shebbys appointment had been the main cause of limited dialogue.

Would the following be a valid alternative interpretation?

Steve Kean is being blamed for reporting a continual stream of untruths and misrepresentations of both the playing performance and supporters' reactions for the entire time he has been known to Venky's which extends to prior to Rovers being acquired.

He is now being progressively exposed for the immense damage he has inflicted on Rovers and the town of Blackburn and is far too scared to answer for his words and actions to the paying public.

The owners are considering their options which includes a reset of relations with the fans after Kean has been sacked.

Continuing excellent work by the BRFC Action Group.

The sections of the minutes which caught my eye are these:

5) Meeting with the manager. Shebby Singh stated that Steve Kean does not wish to meet with supporters and on this occasion he would hope the supporters would respect the managers wishes.

6) Meeting with the owners. Shebby stated that due to the groups professional approach and understanding during these difficult times, a meeting with the owners will happen at some point in the very near future. The owners now have a much greater understanding of problems from the past and the lack of information provided prior to Shebbys appointment had been the main cause of limited dialogue.

Would the following be a valid alternative interpretation?

Steve Kean is being blamed for reporting a continual stream of untruths and misrepresentations of both the playing performance and supporters' reactions for the entire time he has been known to Venky's which extends to prior to Rovers being acquired.

He is now being progressively exposed for the immense damage he has inflicted on Rovers and the town of Blackburn and is far too scared to answer for his words and actions to the paying public.

The owners are considering their options which includes a reset of relations with the fans after Kean has been sacked.

Probably is a reasonable account Philip yes.However, They have been here 2 yrs and at no stage have they ever acknowledged what the fans have had to say and TBH have at times seemed to delight in doing the exact opposite of what was required.To say they now realise their mistakes and want to start to build bridges is way past the point of making any difference. Fans have had enough, made their minds up that Venkys have had every chance to come forward and engage with the various people in blackburn and have never done so.their answer was not to do the right thing (sack the manager or get out of the club themselves) but to splash the cash Bollywood style as a statement and are probably a little bewildered that the fans have not reacted positively and been impressed by what they have done.They got us relegated single handedly with a rash of unkept promises and lies.We shouldn't even be where we are and neither should they!!.

The long and short of it is they will never , ever be forgiven .The damage as pointed out by everyone on here for ages and ages, is beyond repair and even if they take us back up this year i don't see gates improving much beyond 15000.That means they have cost us 8-10,000 fans that will take years to get back even with Kean gone.

Even now sacking Kean will be seen as too little too late by many.

So to start a charm offensive by being seen to liaise with the Action Group i,find to be stomach churning and smarmy.Its lip service and you could never ever believe that they genuinely care about the Club or the fans.

The Club will be in total limbo as long as they are here and the recovery can only commence once they have gone.

Archived