BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow wow and wow ,

Talk about conspiracies . People are million miles off the mark here . I really do wonder some times where all these stories are dreamed up.

I tweeted out the names of some managers who are on very large list of candidates , who I may add ain't a list which was dreamed up last 48 hours . Then all of a sudden I'm the one advising it ? Come on guys get a grip , do you realise how daft that sounds ? I have not read all the comments on this but enough to say , I'd be rather careful before even suggesting such a thing

I personally think we need an experienced manager , and it's still not hit me that keans gone . Rovers have plenty of advisors , plenty of agents , and will base any choice on their advise NOT supporters advise , which to my knowledge I don't think they have even asked , or indeed even considered asking .

I suppose next time I see someone else report something they have heard , then I will put that in the , they have suggested this camp?

At a time all supporters need to be united and looking to the future , some still are hell bent at not being

not sure what the underlined is supposed to mean?,

but in your tweet you did clearly state that you thought flitcroft&co. would be a better option than the mentioned favorites(which acording to most parts are Sherwood, Mcarthy, Shearer), whilst niether of those would be my ideal choices(although Mick Mcarthy would be a safe choice) id still have any of those over the chorley! crew and as others have said it does at least appear as though Shebby sees your opinion as representative of a lot of fans(or at least Brag members).

also, Sherwood may not have any managerial experiance but what experiance he does have has been picked up at a top (reletively)well run premiere league club working alongside/under some very good coaches and managers.

For me, the perfect man is Curbishley. He has the experience. There'd be no compensation and If he got us up i think he could organise us well enough to stay up. When we had Allardyce he was as sure a bet as you could get to keeping us up. Curbishley is of a similar ilk. For me it is an absolute no brainer.

Completely agree - we need to rebuild so a steady pair of hands is needed.

Curbs has a decent track record plus, importantly, is experienced - best candidate for me.

Find it interesting when folk say they think Sherwood, for example, would be a good appointment - considering he had never managed before what are you basing your thinking on, a crystal ball??

I am inclined to agree with Splitscreen here, for the experience, ability to work with shall we say lesser named players and experienced players, getting the best out of a squad and relating to the supporters, Holloway would be a great shout, would he leave Blackpool?

Thats another question completely, anyone know if he is still living in Barley, someone mentioned he's moved to Bristol?

Completely agree - we need to rebuild so a steady pair of hands is needed.

Curbs has a decent track record plus, importantly, is experienced - best candidate for me.

Find it interesting when folk say they think Sherwood, for example, would be a good appointment - considering he had never managed before what are you basing your thinking on, a crystal ball??

I agree with this 100% , hence my comment current favourites sherwood and shearer , they have 8 games between them , and that was my point .

A manager who has been in the game as a manager and has a proven track record is a must . We have fallen badly having kean who was unproven , so we cannot afford the same mistake now

If Spurs want a huge amount of compensation for Sherwood, I think that would be money down the pan. He has no managerial experience whatsoever and might turn out to be very good or might turn out to be no good at all. If you're willing to spend that sort of money, you might as well go for a top manager with experience.

I wonder how keen Hoddle and Wilkins are to get back in the game? Whilst Hoddle is the best English player I've ever seen I'm not entirely convinced by him as a manager. However those that have worked with or under him seem to think he is extremely good technically.

Similarly Wilkins seems to be very highly rated by everyone as a coach and it was noticeable that as soon as he left Chelsea, their form took an immediate nosedive.

I don't think we could do any better than that. And no compensation to pay out. I keep wondering whether Sherwood is in the frame partly because he is at Spurs and Shebby is a self confessed Spurs fan.

First choice Holloway. He keeps Chickens too, could be a good ice breaker with Mrs D.

I'd like Rovers old boy Fazakerley as coach, we desperately need to learn how to defend.

Whatever the decision it needs to be done soon. It is still going to be very tough getting out of this league, whoever we get.

not sure what the underlined is supposed to mean?,

but in your tweet you did clearly state that you thought flitcroft&co. would be a better option than the mentioned favorites(which acording to most parts are Sherwood, Mcarthy, Shearer), whilst niether of those would be my ideal choices(although Mick Mcarthy would be a safe choice) id still have any of those over the chorley! crew.

Point being we have had enough conspiracies, wild accusations Ect.

Heard another yesterday , rovers have offered me a job ,

Please whoever is peddling this crap needs to seriously grow up , it seems even now kean has gone , some people will not let things lie . Now is the time for all supporters to be the twelfth man , wait and see who we appoint and then get behind whoever that is .

No one knows who that manager will be , I don't even think rovers know , they will discuss many names and will continue to do so . I like every body else just hope it's the right appointment

Don't get me wrong. I'd much prefer an experienced manager like Curbishley or even McCarthy, but at least we know two things about Sherwood: he's a very talented coach and man-manager (given his achievements and reputation in the Tottenham youth setup), and unlike Kean, he's a natural leader who understands success. Taking him on as manager would definitely be a risk, but it's possible it might pay off.

Glen, the crap being peddled has come from your slightly cryptic tweets?,

You have to accept that because of your position as leader of brag and the fact that you do many tv, radio, press interviews and have contact with influential rovers employees your opinions could be seen as being representative of many fans, when in this case they just are not, ive nothing against you personally but you have to accept these things and think about the consequences b4 posting your opinions.

p.s. sorry about any typos my spellchecker has stopped working and im a little thick.

If I had to pick the manager I would go for Paulo di canio. The bloke is a legend. He is also no-nonsense and straight talking; it would be a refreshing change to the rubbish we have had to listen to over the last 20 months.

Also name a manager out of the ones who have been suggested who has a better track record in the last 12 months? Most of the prime candidates for rovers either havent managed at all or have been on the golf course for the last year.

Di canio on the other hand has worked wonders with Swindon. He got them promoted at the first time of asking last season, and they are now 4th in league 1.

Revidge blue also pointed out an article in the sun about a day in the life of di canio as manager. I also read it. Fascinating read. I can't imagine out predecessor put in as much work.

Despite my opinion, I appreciate it's academic, because venkys will not be interested in him, not least because of his mussolini esq political views!

I'

Wow wow and wow ,

Talk about conspiracies . People are million miles off the mark here . I really do wonder some times where all these stories are dreamed up.

I tweeted out the names of some managers who are on very large list of candidates , who I may add ain't a list which was dreamed up last 48 hours . Then all of a sudden I'm the one advising it ? Come on guys get a grip , do you realise how daft that sounds ? I have not read all the comments on this but enough to say , I'd be rather careful before even suggesting such a thing

I personally think we need an experienced manager , and it's still not hit me that keans gone . Rovers have plenty of advisors , plenty of agents , and will base any choice on their advise NOT supporters advise , which to my knowledge I don't think they have even asked , or indeed even considered asking .

I suppose next time I see someone else report something they have heard , then I will put that in the , they have suggested this camp?

At a time all supporters need to be united and looking to the future , some still are hell bent at not being

Jeez, you'll have a lawyer next!

I'll explain my posts so you don't misunderstand. You speak to Shebby every day according to your good self. You also state you have 'contacts' all over Ewood. Whether you like it or not people see you as a spokeman for the fans because of your position as leader of a protest group (which did a fantastic job by the way). It is widely reported that Shebby is clueless and goes around asking journalists for names of players to sign etc. This may or may not be true. It's obvious that Venkies desperately need to get the fans back to Ewood, which is also what every Rovers fan wants. Shebby is Venkies main contact with the fans. Considering you speak to shebby every day its fair to assume that he asks you what the fans concerns are. You send a tweet asking what people would think of Flitty and Jansen as manager. Nothing sinister in that, but then you follow up saying that they have more experience than shearer and sherwood on the training ground. A bizarre comment considering Sherwood's position at Tottenham, a full-time professional club in the prem! You can perhaps then understand why people are questioning your tweets? It's vital we get the right man for the managers job or this club could be in big financial trouble come the summer. People are emotional wrecks after 2 years of the most divisive and incompetent manager ever, so suggesting a non-league management duo from a part-time club as his replacement is bound to upset people...as you can probaly tell!

Given your connections within the club maybe you should think before you tweet instead of warning people on message boards not to wrongly interpret your tweets!

Not having a dig Glen, just letting you know the reasons for my earlier post.

Glen, the crap being peddled has come from your slightly cryptic tweets?,

You have to accept that because of your position as leader of brag and the fact that you do many tv, radio, press interviews and have contact with influential rovers employees your opinions could be seen as being representative of many fans, when in this case they just are not, ive nothing against you personally but you have to accept these things and think about the consequences b4 posting your opinions.

p.s. sorry about any typos my spellchecker has stopped working and im a little thick.

If my opinion counted kean would of been gone 12 months ago . The action group has no leaders , we have a committee elected by members . I asked a question yesterday based on some intel I had received . The general consensus was supporters did not want that appointment , I never once stated that it was

1. My idea

2. That they was going to be our next manager

3. They was who I wanted

Twitter you are only allowed 140 characters tweet so u try and fit ad many words in as possible

If people read these tweets wrong , then I apologise . I have my own ideas who I'd like to see in , and at present there name ain't appeared , ( not seen it anyway) but I ain't posted it and don't intend to , I'm just like the rest of the supporter base ,, hoping and praying it's the right appointment

I just hope that whoever Rovers appoint as manager that all fans get behind the appointment even if he isnt your choice.

I see the plus and minus of each manager mention on here whether its Shearer or Curbishley or McCarthy or Karl Robinson or etc.

I was hoping that an appointment would be made before the Wolves home game on Saturday but I thnk it could be done over the International break tbh.

To be honest, none of the managers mentioned is really exciting. However, provided we don't get landed with Eric black, who is sullied by his association with kean, or the flitcroft Jansen etc combo because they really are inexperienced, I don't mind who comes in. With decent support from fans and proper support from owners who let him manage properly most of those mentioned and a fair few not mentioned could do a good enough job to get us up. I think we need to get it sorted sooner rather than later. Don't really want to have it drag on till the international break. If they know what they want they need to look for the best fit and go all out to get him. I don't need an ex Rover to get me back to Ewood. I need competence and honesty and an ability to understand that we, the fans, are vital to the club and need to be treated with respect, not lied to and denigrated at every opportunity.

Jeez, you'll have a lawyer next!

I'll explain my posts so you don't misunderstand. You speak to Shebby every day according to your good self. You also state you have 'contacts' all over Ewood. Whether you like it or not people see you as a spokeman for the fans because of your position as leader of a protest group (which did a fantastic job by the way). It is widely reported that Shebby is clueless and goes around asking journalists for names of players to sign etc. This may or may not be true. It's obvious that Venkies desperately need to get the fans back to Ewood, which is also what every Rovers fan wants. Shebby is Venkies main contact with the fans. Considering you speak to shebby every day its fair to assume that he asks you what the fans concerns are. You send a tweet asking what people would think of Flitty and Jansen as manager. Nothing sinister in that, but then you follow up saying that they have more experience than shearer and sherwood on the training ground. A bizarre comment considering Sherwood's position at Tottenham, a full-time professional club in the prem! You can perhaps then understand why people are questioning your tweets? It's vital we get the right man for the managers job or this club could be in big financial trouble come the summer. People are emotional wrecks after 2 years of the most divisive and incompetent manager ever, so suggesting a non-league management duo from a part-time club as his replacement is bound to upset people...as you can probaly tell!

Given your connections within the club maybe you should think before you tweet instead of warning people on message boards not to wrongly interpret your tweets!

Not having a dig Glen, just letting you know the reasons for my earlier post.

The ff , Kamy , vital Blackburn , cryer , the action group committee and plenty of others talk with Shebby and people at the club . I'm pretty sure all would agree , we don't get asked who we should appoint Ect ,

In conversations I have had in recent months , it's all been about why kean should go, and about how the community needs re-engaging with . Appointments Ect need to be done by footballing people

Jesus Christ! I was only replying to what someone else has said previous to me. Not for a minute was I suggesting you are advising anyone Glen. However it appeared people were beating around that bush. To which in a round about way I said i wouldn't be happy IF this was the case. Which clearly it isn't. Don't read into something that isn't there please.

As Glen said let's just pull together and support our team. Sorry if I offended anyone.

If I had to pick the manager I would go for Paulo di canio. The bloke is a legend. He is also no-nonsense and straight talking; it would be a refreshing change to the rubbish we have had to listen to over the last 20 months.

Also name a manager out of the ones who have been suggested who has a better track record in the last 12 months? Most of the prime candidates for rovers either havent managed at all or have been on the golf course for the last year.

Di canio on the other hand has worked wonders with Swindon. He got them promoted at the first time of asking last season, and they are now 4th in league 1.

Revidge blue also pointed out an article in the sun about a day in the life of di canio as manager. I also read it. Fascinating read. I can't imagine out predecessor put in as much work.

Despite my opinion, I appreciate it's academic, because venkys will not be interested in him, not least because of his mussolini esq political views!

I'

http://en.wikipedia....ascist_politics

...in his autobiography, praised Mussolini as "basically a very principled, ethical individual"

Archived