BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Hang on Stuart, Glen hasn't been slagged off at all in that post. I expressed the same concerns on Facebook. He's not the voice of the fans. He's the chairman of the action group, there's a big difference.

I'm just hoping Shebby sees him as the latter and not the former.

We should not be taking a punt on a risky non league option at this stage. Concerned that Glen has given some backing to this option.

Flitcroft is the totally wrong manager for this job.

Also Shebby SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWING FANS TO ADVISE ON THE NEXT MANAGER AT ALL!

Shebby should be talking to managers and football people like Fergie, Harry, Hughes and Andy Gray about who we should be appointing. and NOT THE BRFC action Group. I will just say that the Action group as done some excellent work over the last 12 months BUT should not be involve in picking the next manager for BRFC!!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's about time Glen took a backseat. Kean is gone - job done. There's no need to now be on the TV and radio every 5 minutes giving opinion pieces. If I didn't know better I'd suggest perhaps he's more in to the attention than he would like to admit.

Shebby should be talking to managers and football people like Fergie, Harry, Hughes and Andy Gray about who we should be appointing. and NOT THE BRFC action Group. I will just say that the Action group as done some excellent work over the last 12 months BUT should not be involve in picking the next manager for BRFC!!!

Correct Chaddy!

Glen is just expressing his opinion that out of the three - Tim Sherwood, Alan Shearer and the Flitcroft trio - he thinks Flitcroft, Jensen and Craig would be the best option. He never said that this was the opinion of 30,000 fans, of any percentage of the fans or put it across as anyone else's opinion but his own. I have no idea why people are accusing him of assuming him of putting his own opinion across as 30,000 fans.

Plus Glen never said he told that to Shebby. He was just tweeting his opinion regarding the news he has heard. It appears that it was his opinion on something he heard from Shebby rather than something he told Shebby.

Hang on Stuart, Glen hasn't been slagged off at all in that post. I expressed the same concerns on Facebook. He's not the voice of the fans. He's the chairman of the action group, there's a big difference.

I'm just hoping Shebby sees him as the latter and not the former.

We should not be taking a punt on a risky non league option at this stage. Concerned that Glen has given some backing to this option.

Again, where has he said he's the voice of the fans?

I'm no friend, ally or foe of Glen, or the Action Group but when people keep posting this it becomes fact. People are already giving off the impression that he's advising Singh to appoint Flitty and Jansen.

Unfortunately, in some people's minds, Glen isn't allowed a personal opinion as several people immediately swoop on it as a "stance of the Action Group" or "BRAG are interfering again".

I think it is ok to get the opinion of the fans - and I don't think Glen is the only "fan" to have been approached. At the end of the day they are trying to win the fans back - and I think Kean (and to a lesser extent Sam) shows what difference it can make to fans support. However this should be a very small consideration in the selection process.

I have mixed feelings - an experienced manager, like Curbishley, would have the best chance of getting us promoted first time - but is doubtful to bring something different to help us grow IF we got back in the top flight. A manager like Sherwood and Shearer would definitely get the fans back - and the place would initially be on a high. For both the Championship would be more forgiving of any mistakes they made - and allow them (to an extent) to find their managerial feet. The biggest problem is it would put our automatic promotion at risk - the positive is that IF we got promoted we may be in a better position with a fresh young manager.

The dream combination has to be Redknapp and Sherwood (with Sherwood taking over when Harry gets bored of the ride North) - but I doubt it will happen.

Isn't a lot of people overreacting here? To me, it merely looks like Glen heard some stuff from his sources, maybe Shebby, and then tweeted his opinion regarding which of the three options he thought was best. He tweeted it, not advised Shebby Singh, not claimed that he represented most fans/all fans, and there was nothing in there to suggest that Shebby Singh was taking advice from him as to who to pick for the managerial role. If Shebby Singh was taking advice from Glen, he would be talking to him directly, not reading his tweets.

Chaddy, you're good with links. Can you provide one which shows that the BRFC Action Group - of even Glen himself - is advising Shebby on who to bring in?

After all this time and after what has been achieved, the same people continue to be sceptical and cynical about Glen's intentions.

From the way I've followed events over the last 18 months or so, it seems far more likely the Glen would be advising Singh to get down on his knees and approach John Williams for advice.

Surely no-one can still suggest that Glen doesn't have the best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club at heart, can they?

Perception is reality guys, remember that.

I have mixed feelings - an experienced manager, like Curbishley, would have the best chance of getting us promoted first time - but is doubtful to bring something different to help us grow IF we got back in the top flight. A manager like Sherwood and Shearer would definitely get the fans back - and the place would initially be on a high. For both the Championship would be more forgiving of any mistakes they made - and allow them (to an extent) to find their managerial feet. The biggest problem is it would put our automatic promotion at risk - the positive is that IF we got promoted we may be in a better position with a fresh young manager.

Yeah agree that Rovers fans would come back if we appoint Shearer or Sherwood as manager. these could be the next Mark Hughes or Paul Lambert but could the next Paul Ince.

whoever we go for as manager is a risk even if we appoint Curbs or McCarthy.

Shebby, Balaji and Shaw have to appoint the best manager in their eyes and live or die by that decision.

People on the Blackpool gazette website saying Holloway had dinner with Derek Shaw yesterday...has this been comfirmed anywhere?

Bwahahahahahaha! This can be confirmed the same way people on Facebook, particularly Ewood Park's Finest Reloaded, saying they saw Harry Rednapp with Shebby Singh, Rafa Benitez in town, Messi talking to Shebby Singh, etc, etc. Personally I think it's best to take all these sightings with a pinch of salt and wait for more credible information.

Chaddy, you're good with links. Can you provide one which shows that the BRFC Action Group - of even Glen himself - is advising Shebby on who to bring in?

After all this time and after what has been achieved, the same people continue to be sceptical and cynical about Glen's intentions.

From the way I've followed events over the last 18 months or so, it seems far more likely the Glen would be advising Singh to get down on his knees and approach John Williams for advice.

Surely no-one can still suggest that Glen doesn't have the best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club at heart, can they?

Perception is reality guys, remember that.

Firstly Stuart, my point is that no fans be advising Rovers on who to go for.

Secondly, I have already said that I have huge respect for what the BRFC action group have done and what Glen Mullan has done and what he has go through to get rid of Kean and get the club communicating with fans again.

Thirdly, if Shebby can get John Williams back in any role at rovers with its director of the club or as a advisor would be excellent for rovers, but If I was Shebby I would be talking John Willams about who we should be appoint as manager.

Interesting - Sherwood is the assistant first team coach at Spurs - was that not Keans position prior to Sam being sacked ?

No, Steve Kean was first team coach, not the assstant.

And Stuart's point was that Glen never said he, or any fans in that matter, was advising Rovers or Shebby on who to go for as manager. Yet people are slamming him for doing so and accusing him of assuming that he represents all fans, which he didn't either.

If i was Shebby Singh i'd keep a very close eye on events at Eric Black's house. If there is any indication Mrs Black is boarding a flight to India i would release the hounds. I get the distinct impression he fancies the gig. Heaven knows we could do without another pally pally cosy in with Mrs Desai.

I have severe concerns that Shebby, Balaji and Shaw might well have their own ideas. But as we all know, Mrs Desai calls the shots. If she is the one to sign off the appointment we might well be seeing another good thinking, hard worker in the role.

Secondly, I have already said that I have hugh respect for what the BRFC action group have done and what Glen Mullan has done and what he has go through to get rid of Kean and get the club communicating with fans again.

Decent bloke that Hugh.

Love it Sunday supplement absolutely slating kean and saying he's done a terrible job

I don't watch that program anymore, its just a loads of old cr@p in my opinion but it wouldn't surprise me to hear those idiots now hammering Kean now he's gone, they're a bunch of jokers.

WE'VE BEEN SAYING THE SAME FOR 12 MONTHS! SOME EVEN LONGER THAN THAT!

Archived