BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

I am quite surprised at Glen putting forward Flitty, Matt Jansen and Craig Short, Craig does have management experience but didnt do too well, if we are going down that kind of route, we have real problems though Micky Mellon has done a great job at Fleetwood after coming through non league.

We have either got to push the boat out for an established manager who knows the league or an up and coming lad such as Sherwood with a top number 2.

There are lots of top coaches out of the game at the moment, all better than Kean who could serve as a number 2 - Wilkins, Jordan etc, For me, we do need someone around who can relate to the fans and unite the whole fanbase at the club, with all the lies and suggestions of corruption around the place, I would be looking for some kind of senior role for someone like Salgado or Henning Berg, two straight and honest professionals who we could trust to look mafter the interests of the football club and be a real role model for attracting young players to our football club.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My worry is that Shebby sees Glen as the fans representative and will give his comments a lot of weight. Now is not the time to listen to one person in making such a big business decision.

They have to realise that this is not a decision that can be done on the cheap, this is a far bigger decision than any player purchase they have made.

Experience is the only way to go now. If they do decide on a rookie then the back room team has to be spot on.

Curbs would always be my choice. Rafa also a great shout. But would any good manager accept the post? I would even consider Hoddle, I believe he's keen to get back into management after throwing his hat in the ring for the forest post.

Glenn doesn't speak for me. It's rubbish if that's what is going on! End of the day Glenn's just a fan, unless he's going to put us hand in his pocket and invest he shouldn't be influencing decisions individually like this. If the "Trust" which I assume has 20/30 elected supporters on it? Raised a poll for the other fans which we then answered and then the chairman of the group then took that to Shebby then fair enough.... How can Glenn ASSUME his opinion is that of 30000 other fans? Absolutely ridiculous. I'm a fan, I have my own tongue. I don't need or want someone else speaking for me.

Sounds from Glens tweets that Flitty is who they are going for.

Venkys will be estatic with no compo to pay and lower wages than most candidates..

Will be massivly deflated if it is, No disrespect to Chorley but managing in that league wont give access to the cutting edge fitness techniques, simulators etc that managers have been using at the top level for years..

Again no disrepect intended but pitting your wits against managers in the Evo is a lot different than against managers in the championship/premiership.

We need an experienced hand. Really hoping they dont go down the Flitcroft route

glen mullan@glen9mullan

Flitcroft , Jansen and craig short as a trio would offer far more than the current 2 favourites , more exp on training ground n management.

If that's Glen Mullans considered opinion then i think it's time he found another sport to follow. I hope to god he's not saying these things to Shebby beause Shebby would probably believe him! More importantly, I hope Shebby hasn't told him to float the idea to the fans. What would the players think if an Evo Stick management team arrived at Ewood? Jesus Christ, we might as well get Bamber Bridge's manager in as well. And as for having more experience than Sherwood on the training ground, what does Glen Mullan think Sherwood does all day? Trains some of the best young players in Britain is what he does. Flitty and jansen train part-time brickies. Mullan, no offence mate, but get a grip!

He has to be taking the ###### surely?

That CANNOT be put forward as an option. I know that BRAG have had a recent love-in with Chorley FC, but to put those three forward as a serious option is bonkers.

This is NOT the time to try and get 'friends' a new job, it's a time to appoint the best person to get us back where we belong.

The new manager should be English or atleast someone who knows what it takes to promote to the Premier League. Can´t believe names like Benitez or Klinsmann mentioned here. They couldn´t do this level and with the players in this level.

Mick McCarthy could do well at first as he knows how this league works. Don´t know if he is the man who can be succesful in the PL. Personally I see him as a honest man who is a good loser.

Steve Bruce´s name may jump to the frame I think. Black was his right hand and is already in here. Bruce has done a good job at first at the club´s he has been in. After the honeymoon his results been pretty awful. He is also a manager who changes club pretty easily.

Sherwood is most sensible name from ex-players. I doubt Shearer would even take the job.

Whoever Venky´s will name it won´t satisfy all Rovers fans. For the new manager the job will be challenging as the promotion is an only option. Same time you have to remember that the squad is not too fit and injuries keeps coming.

here is Nicko article in the Sunday People today

http://www.facebook...._count=1&ref=nf

Seems that Sherwood and Shearer are the Favourites for the job. Think I would rather Alan Shearer then Sherwood but Im unsure on both but would totally get behind them if thats who we appoint as manager.

I thought we would go for at least manager with experience like McCarthy, Curbs or Robinson.

If Shebby is listening to Glen he needs to be telling him to forget these former Rovers players in a bid to appease the fans. That's not what we need.

Rovers fans will 100% support any manager who does a decent job, former rover or not.

This. I don't get this 'the manager needs to be a former player of the club' nonsense, neither do most clubs. It's all about the best man for the job.

Glenn doesn't speak for me. It's rubbish if that's what is going on! End of the day Glenn's just a fan, unless he's going to put us hand in his pocket and invest he shouldn't be influencing decisions individually like this. If the "Trust" which I assume has 20/30 elected supporters on it? Raised a poll for the other fans which we then answered and then the chairman of the group then took that to Shebby then fair enough.... How can Glenn ASSUME his opinion is that of 30000 other fans? Absolutely ridiculous. I'm a fan, I have my own tongue. I don't need or want someone else speaking for me.

You might not like him but if you're going to slag off one of the people who managed to rid us of Kean, at least have enough respect to spell his name properly.

Oh, and can you provide a link to where Glen has said he speaks for all fans?

Thanks.

I hear Sherwood is the Anderson pick.

Don't. Just don't.

I hear Sherwood is the Anderson pick.

What, really? Can any club actually do any business without going through this guy? It's a nightmare. How did Rovers avoid doing deals with him in the past? Was it because we had a competent exec in Williams?

The new manager should be English or atleast someone who knows what it takes to promote to the Premier League. Can´t believe names like Benitez or Klinsmann mentioned here. They couldn´t do this level and with the players in this level.

Mick McCarthy could do well at first as he knows how this league works. Don´t know if he is the man who can be succesful in the PL. Personally I see him as a honest man who is a good loser.

Steve Bruce´s name may jump to the frame I think. Black was his right hand and is already in here. Bruce has done a good job at first at the club´s he has been in. After the honeymoon his results been pretty awful. He is also a manager who changes club pretty easily.

Not sure about the English thing. Brighton are top of the league with Poyet at the helm.

Bruce went to Hull in the summer so can't see him leaving nor us stumping up compo for anyone in a situation like that.

Hang on Stuart, Glen hasn't been slagged off at all in that post. I expressed the same concerns on Facebook. He's not the voice of the fans. He's the chairman of the action group, there's a big difference.

I'm just hoping Shebby sees him as the latter and not the former.

We should not be taking a punt on a risky non league option at this stage. Concerned that Glen has given some backing to this option.

"How can Glenn ASSUME his opinion is that of 30000 other fans"

When did GLEN assume this?

Archived