BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

If it is we should stay well clear or we will be stacked out with SEN players, high agent fees and it would be 'here we go again'

Thats just put me off Tim Sherwood!!

Quite an assumption on Anderson's involvement. I think he is a Tottenham fan but there is nothing to indicate that Sherwood is part of SEM. The fact that Venky's want him due to his history with BRFC limits the probability of Anderson being the one pulling the strings. SEM or not I would probably rather have Sherwood than Shearer. Shearer's love for BRFC has been long gone and I am not sure he would have the passion to make the club great again. I would rather have a more experienced manager personally. Someone said that Benitez wouldn't be good for the job, I think they must be bonkers. Would command respect from every player and has proven himself at the highest level. As for Glen's suggestions about Flitty, Jansen and Short. Loved them as players and they are truly Rovers legends but let's not let our heart overrule our head here. They have no real experience and nothing compared to Sherwood in terms of working with good players and high end footballing technologies. Baffles me that Glen has said this. It's like the guy hasn't really thought this through whatsoever, or if he has then maybe the last few weeks events (or years of Kean) have fried his brain. As I said, experience first, but I would still put my faith in Sherwood (what choice would we have?).

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venky's will now be faced with a massive problem because they do not have any experienced football administrators at the club. They need people like John Williams to give good, professional advice and help make the right decisions. Who are they asking for advice right now? Shebby? Agnew? Glen? Andy Cryer? They need to be very careful now.

The other thing is there's no point suggesting some managers if Venky's are still keen on treating the manager as a head coach, who will be given players to train and develop into a successful squad. People like Alan Curbishley and Harry Redknapp probably wouldn't be interested in such a job.

Tim Sherwood seems like a sensible appointment at this point. I don't know much about him as a coach, but from what I can tell he is highly respected in the game and has potential to make it as a manager. He's not the experienced appointment I would be hoping for, but if their other choices are Flitcroft or Shearer, then appointing Sherwood would be a massive relief. Fans will get behind him and he should be able to do well enough with this squad, considering we've only lost 1 game in 8 so far. I think if they're looking for a head coach rather than a manager then Tim Sherwood will fit the role.

Why is everyone so eager on Mick McCarthy? .

...because it is a common sense decision.

1. The guy has consistently got teams promoted.

2. He is available and we wouldn't need to pay compensation.

3. He is honest as the day is long and everything that Kean isn't.

With all respect, supporters dismissing him are looking too far down the line or simply having their heads in the clouds. We are a Championship club, not a Premier League club. We need to gain promotion first or second time of asking and this guy would do it. We have just rid ourselves of one inexperienced coach and people on here are championing Flitcroft (absolutely no league experience), Sherwood (currently filling a role at Spurs even a rung down from what Kean had before his promotion), Shearer (experienced relegation in his short stint at Newcastle) and Tugay(absolutely no league experience).

This decision is the most important one in our recent history. Do we blow £3m on an unproven former player at Spurs - my opinion, no. Or splurge it out on a high-profile named former player like Shearer...agin, no.

Let's either spend it on a bumper short term deal for Redknapp and an emergency loan signing for an experienced centre back or on someone out of work, yet recently proven in this league but rather underwhelming like McCarthy or McLeish.

As for Glen Mullan's recommendation...what are you smoking mate?

Our next manager must have management experience, at a good level. I like Sherwood, but that isn't a good reason for appointing him. Track record, plenty of management experience at different levels, good man manager, used to transfer market dealings and agents..... all these boxes should be ticked by any candidate to even get an interview.

Flitty and Short.....gotta be a wind up!

Jason Burt was the Telegraph journo who was very good on Sunday Supplement. First time I've ever seen one tell it like it is!!

People on the Blackpool gazette website saying Holloway had dinner with Derek Shaw yesterday...has this been comfirmed anywhere?

Well, he would have had to be quick, its a good four hour trip from Cardiff and they wouldnt have left until around 6pm so my guess its its untrue!

I cannot believe that a manager who is struggling to get results at Chorley is even being considered. Then again this is Venky's. If Flitcroft is anywhere near the list of potential managers it merely underlines that the problems at this club are far greater than just Steve Kean!

Tim Sherwood seems like a sensible appointment at this point.

Please will someone explain to me why??

Take away the fact that he used to play for us and tell me why he qualifies for the role? We hit the roof when Kean got the job and he was effectively more experienced.

Who did you hear this off?

Why do people still rise to Philip? He knows nothing about the goings on at the club, he just likes the feeling of others thinking that he has.

After years of cryptic bullsh!t the fact remains that nothing Philip has said or insinuated has been correct.

Why do people still rise to Philip? He knows nothing about the goings on at the club, he just likes the feeling of others thinking that he has.

After years of cryptic bullsh!t the fact remains that nothing Philip has said or insinuated has been correct.

+100000000000000

People need to stop rising to it. He will drop a nonsense quote, sit back and enjoy seeing people either scurry into a panic or desperately seek enlightenment. For a middle aged man to do that, it is very sad.

Most of us believe Glen has done a great job in publicising the turmoil at rovers and helping to get rid of Kean.

Shebby should listen to many opinions, particularly top managers, but have the nous to not make another howler like the Venky’s

We need a manager who will be allowed to manage and not just be another puppet

We need a new manager who does not have to go to Pune, is free to select players

We need a strong manager, who is his own man, experienced, frightens players, tactically aware and capable of organising a squad into a fit, pacy, coherent unit

We need a number 2 who is good with players on a day to day basis

Shabby should not be looking to appoint a former player who he thinks might please the fans and get them onside –fans will be happy enough when the above points are satisfied

Next stage would be to:-

Clear out existing staff such as Hendry, Black

Clear out Agnew, Shaw, Moulton

Clear out Anderson (both), Orr

Bring in one decent exec such as someone like Williams (in person if possible but I doubt that could happen)

Rebuild managerial infrastructure at the club; improve communication; move from a club where people are jostling for grace and favour to one where clear roles are clear

Get a shirt sponsor and rebuild commercial relationships

Better options for manager=Hill, Curbishley, Mcarthy, Redknapp with Sherwood (unrealistic?) Poyet

Poorer options for manager = Black, Shearer, Flitcroft, Jansen, Benitez, Klinsman, Bruce, Roy Keane,

Interesting choices but with reservations –all need good number 2s? =Sherwood, Solskjaer, Berg, Salgado. Hoddle would be very interesting if he has jettisoned his baggage re Eileen and dealing with lesser players –again with a good number –Wilkins?

Steady on precious, that's why I asked. I smell 'agenda' when people post throwaway comments on forums without backing them up. I'm sure Philip will be glad to share his 'source' and the reasons behind his post!

If it is true that Venkys are prepared to pay a new manager £35k-a-week and a £1m promotion bonus I think Shebby should send the offer to people with with more experience than Sherwood.

Big money could get you anything.

That and possibly the best team in the Ch'ship should be enough to attract better names.

Especially the huge wages..

But Venkys bad bad bad rep. could swing people the other way all together.

+100000000000000

People need to stop rising to it. He will drop a nonsense quote, sit back and enjoy seeing people either scurry into a panic or desperately seek enlightenment. For a middle aged man to do that, it is very sad.

people should be accountable for what they post. I'm not rising to anything, quite the opposite.

Steady on precious, that's why I asked. I smell 'agenda' when people post throwaway comments on forums without backing them up. I'm sure Philip will be glad to share his 'source' and the reasons behind his post!

Well he always does!!! :lol:

people should be accountable for what they post. I'm not rising to anything, quite the opposite.

I gathered that with your response blueboy. I was supporting Batman's stance, not mocking yours....philipl's on the other hand!!!

I am quite surprised at Glen putting forward Flitty, Matt Jansen and Craig Short, Craig does have management experience but didnt do too well, if we are going down that kind of route, we have real problems though Micky Mellon has done a great job at Fleetwood after coming through non league.

We have either got to push the boat out for an established manager who knows the league or an up and coming lad such as Sherwood with a top number 2.

There are lots of top coaches out of the game at the moment, all better than Kean who could serve as a number 2 - Wilkins, Jordan etc, For me, we do need someone around who can relate to the fans and unite the whole fanbase at the club, with all the lies and suggestions of corruption around the place, I would be looking for some kind of senior role for someone like Salgado or Henning Berg, two straight and honest professionals who we could trust to look mafter the interests of the football club and be a real role model for attracting young players to our football club.

I could not believe what I was reading on twitter when I saw Glens comments about Flitcroft, Jansen and short. Is he on drugs. These are pathetic suggestions. If Shebby is listenning to Glen, especially if they are Glens suggestions. Shebby needs to stop now. May explain his love in with Chorley.

Not sure if Sherwood is the answer either. Though to have him within the club in some capacity would be good. But manager, not sure yet. As an assistant, under and experinced manager, then yes. I would also like Salgado to be given a role at rovers.

Rafa Benitiz (spelling) for me if he would come.

Cannot believe what I am reading Re: Flitcroft/Jansen and Short? Is this jobs for the boys or what? Is Glen friends with these people!

I can't believe that after all Glen's hard work over the past 18 months he is willing to endorse this. Surely he can see that this is exactly what we DON'T need now... Experience is a must or a rookie like Sherwood with an experienced number 2 like Wilkins...

Honestly, I can see them going for Stuart Pearce.

Desperate, a yes man and has enough experience to convince Venkys he is a suitable appointment.

P.S. I DO NOT WANT FLITCROFT.... Whoever came up with that needs to get a grip.

Archived