BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon on Twitter is saying that we have more problems to sort out than the manager. Says squad is rubbish and Shebby was asking for suggestions for manager the other day.

Not sure if the squad is as rubbish as he's making out all things considered and for the league we're in and he's just sticking up for his mate.

Doesn't he realise his mate put the squad there, or is he backing Kean that he did not sign the players, he was certainley responsible for decimating the previous squad. (Please don't use that word again) off Nicko with the haggis eating butt buddies

I'd personally like it see Di Canio get the job, he has got an amazing record at Swindon, he's young, hungry and he's crazy (which I like)

Alternatively I would go for McCarthy he would get the team organised and get us back in the premier league, but I don't think he would be able to keep us there !

I would be happy with Sherwood if he came with an experienced number two, but I think 3million compo is ridicules for a youth coach !

http://www.dailymail...d.html?ITO=1490

Rovers will have to pay £3mil for Sherwood

Pure smoke. Levy is known for slapping ridiculous price tags on those under contract. And I don't think its coincidence that the amount demanded, 3 million, is the same amount we are reportedly getting upfront from QPR for Hoilett.

Sherwood has already been denied the DoF position and there is alleged strain between him and Villas-Boas. He'll let Sherwood go for much less, though it may take time we don't have to grind that number significantly down.

If I were Venkys and really wanted a Redknapp-Sherwood team, I'd pay Redknapp a million with an additional million promotion bonus. Ignore Sherwood for the moment as he'll be available soon enough as a number 2 when Villas-Boas finally purges him from the staff.

Alternatively, pick up Curbishley on the same terms. Much less drama and his availability is immediate.

The Daily Mail mention Mick McCarthy and Gary Flitcroft for the rovers manager job.

Glen Mullan was hinting him before on his twitter account today

WIth all due respect to Flitcroft, is he really ready for this level? Is his time in Chorley that much of an indicator? Karl Robinson has a record and a position which is a much better indicator.

McCarthy would be decent but we could do better.

Of course everyone we're talking about is far better than Kean, so I'm cool with whomever Venkys appoints (at least short term).

Daniel Levy wants £3 million to release Sherwood? We all know he'll be Tottenham's next manager if he does well at Rovers so why not just include a release clause and give him some valuable managerial experience at Rovers? Sherwood is not worth as much as Hoilett is.

Wouldn't be too happy with McCarthy, but beggars can't be choosers - most would be a massive improvement from Kean.

£3m for sherwood ? mmm..... very highly rated but untested , imo got AVB written all over it , we need , no , we HAVE to be in PL next season , for me its unfair to put that kind of pressure on a young / inexperienced manager like sherwood regardless of his backroom staff , throw in the circus that is venkys the only choice has to be a manager that has been there and done it

Career win percentages for potential managers mentioned:

Harry Redknapp 40.82%

Alan Shearer 12.50% (only eight matches)

Mick McCarthy 39.29%

Simon Grayson 43.54%

Gus Poyet 47.04%

Rafa Benitez 52.24%

Alan Curbishley 40.85%

Karl Robinson 47.54%

Alex McLeish 46.12% (Glasgow Rangers!)

Jose Mourinho 69.92% (must fancy a challenge!!)

Bilic now manager of Lokomtiv Moscow and Sherwood no managerial stats.

Would love Rafa to get the job. I think we are going to be disappointed unfortunately.

Harsh. McCarthy kept Wolves up for a season.

To be honest it's far too early to look towards the Premier League. If he would "no doubt" guarantee us promotion then we should hire him without a second thought. Getting promotion is all that matters right now, we'll tackle the PL question if it ever arises. I think you're really underestimating how tough it is to get out of this league.

Ian Holloway would be my choice. He knows this league inside out, he would be universally liked by the fans, he's got a good eye for a bargain (Charlie Adam, Matt Philips, Tom Ince etc) and he plays attractive football. He's done excellently for Blackpool, he wasn't far from keeping them up on a shoestring budget.

Been quizzing Nicko on the alleged approach we made , I get the feeling from his response that we can forget Ollie.

Archived