BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe anyone would suggest Flitcroft with a straight face, I don't even know what sort of position Chorley occupy in the footballing pyramid, and frankly I don't care.

Similarly I think it would be a huge gamble appointing either Sherwood or Shearer outright. The only thing in either of their favours as far as I can see is that they were successful former players with us. Big Al's limited managerial experience didn't go well at all and Sherwood hasn't even been an assistant has he, I always thought 'arry's number 2 was Kevin Bond.

'arry and Sherwood with a view to Sherwood taking over eventually or a similar arrangement with say Dalglish and Shearer might be a different proposition entirely.

trouble is rev, nicko believes flitcroft and short have been sounded out, utter madness.

I thought he thought it was between Shearer and Sherwood??

I think Craig Short comes across as a great bloke but I've just checked on Wikipedia and his managerial credentials seem to consist of 4 months at Notts County in 2010 before he was sacked.

So for me I'd have to stick him in the "Not under any circumstances" envelope along with Black/Flitcroft/Jansen and Souness.

Am i the only one that finds the tone of G Mullans tweets lately a little disconcerting, i hope shebby(or whoever his rovers source is) does not consider g mullans opinion(on anything other than wanting kean out) to be anything other than g mullans personal opinion and not the opinion of most rovers fans(ie. i dont know a single person that would even consider flitcroft&co a good option in any way!).

Venky's have to get this appointment right and after the Kean debacle we do not want another inexperienced rookie at the helm.

So it no thank you to Sherwood and Shearer or any other unproven former Rovers player seen by the owners as a sop to win over the fans.

We need a steady hand on the tiller so McCarthy would do just fine.

If the owners want to gamble they might look at Solksjaer who is making a name for himself in his native Norway and was courted by Villa in the summer.

glen mullan@glen9mullan

Flitcroft , Jansen and craig short as a trio would offer far more than the current 2 favourites , more exp on training ground n management.

If that's Glen Mullans considered opinion then i think it's time he found another sport to follow. I hope to god he's not saying these things to Shebby beause Shebby would probably believe him! More importantly, I hope Shebby hasn't told him to float the idea to the fans. What would the players think if an Evo Stick management team arrived at Ewood? Jesus Christ, we might as well get Bamber Bridge's manager in as well. And as for having more experience than Sherwood on the training ground, what does Glen Mullan think Sherwood does all day? Trains some of the best young players in Britain is what he does. Flitty and jansen train part-time brickies. Mullan, no offence mate, but get a grip!

Probably not a realistic option at all, as why would someone who recently rejected Villa be willing to join Rovers in it's current state, but I'd absolutely love Solskjaer. One might say that him winning the league in his first season as a manager is somewhat tempered by it being "only" in Norway, and that the club gave him significant backing. But it does tell me that, like in his playing career, he's still a winner. I also watched the documentary about him, and he just comes across a great guy, and as someone who learned a lot from one of the best in the business in Sir Alex. He hired a couple of former Man U coaches straight away too. Intelligent, knows the English game and, as a contrast to Kean, humble and dignified. Would be great to have someone in charge who'd widely liked and respected within the game.

Now there's no guarantee he'd be a good manager, and like I said he'd probably not be interested, but for some semi-irrational reason I'd absolutely love him as our manager. Can't say I have much of an idea on who else I want really, I'll just wait and see.

Venky's have to get this appointment right and after the Kean debacle we do not want another inexperienced rookie at the helm.

So it no thank you to Sherwood and Shearer or any other unproven former Rovers player seen by the owners as a sop to win over the fans.

We need a steady hand on the tiller so McCarthy would do just fine.

If the owners want to gamble they might look at Solksjaer who is making a name for himself in his native Norway and was courted by Villa in the summer.

Spot On.

Glen Mullan has helped get Kean out of the club and that's great but time for him to step aside now, especially if he's advising Shebby that Jansen/Flitcroft/Short would be good choices. The fact that Shebby seems to take some of this on board is worrying, I thought he was supposed to have his own ideas?

Glen Mullan has helped get Kean out of the club and that's great but time for him to step aside now, especially if he's advising Shebby that Jansen/Flitcroft/Short would be good choices. The fact that Shebby seems to take some of this on board is worrying, I thought he was supposed to have his own ideas?

Glad im not the only 1 that feels that this way about mr.mullan & shebbys bro-mance(i was expecting some grief!).

in saying all this i really can't see someone like flitcroft being offered the job, if shebby is being advised by knowledgeable people then they wouldn't even give flitcroft a second's thought, surely venkys aren't stupid enough to make the same mistake twice?

he has got a point , Shearer and Sherwood are huge risks , i do admire and respect, what all he and his associates in the last 12-18 months have done but flitcroft jansen and short are not the answer

Forget Solskjær. He will not take over Blackburn. I'm 100% it will never happen when we are in this league. I hope we don't sign mick McCarthy or someone in his caliber. I would rather want us gambling on someone up and coming like Sherwood or take some deadwood that had gotten clubs promoted but not really cut it in the premier league. Our manager should be very good at spotting talent/developing players/sign cheap players who can make an impact. A small club like rovers can't really afford many expensive signings, we will always be a selling club.

Unrealistic list of managers:

1. Joachim löw

2. Rafa benitez

3. Ole gunnar solskjær

4. Ian holloway

Realistisk targets

1. Tim sherwood

2. Henning berg

3. Karl Robinson

4. Tugay

5. SLgado

6. Shearer

What's the general consensus on McCarthy? That he would take us up but probably not keep us there?

I am leaning towards that view but he didn't take Wolves back down.....he might have even kept them up last year......and they only had 3/4 decent players......I can't remember Sunderland having any when he went down with them.....took Ireland to the World Cup after beating Holland.....didn't they go out on penalties? Or beat Spain on penalties, then go out or something?

I do quite like the guy personally.....as a pundit and in interviews, not as a commentator......he always tells it like it is.....you probably couldn't get a manager so far unlike Kean in that respect.

Anybody mentioned Roy Kean, he had a decent record at Sunderland.

And a poor one at Ipswich......not up for Keane personally....hate his surname as well.....it would be a constant reminder.

Archived