BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Told him not to listen to any fans or journos, and that he should be talking to people within the game. I am sure that if he rang someone like Fergie he would advice him.

Shebby should be speaking to people like Fergie, Wenger and Redknapp. I wonder if he would be speaking to him friend Andy Gray about the next manager situation?

why not stranger things have happened ... if its me ...i'll get tugay or salgado on board as consultants and have them convince the shortlist with shebby and retain them as number 2 or coach .... what we need now is little endorsement from professionals who have rovers at heart .... everyone including matt jansen is giving us negative publicity and story being spun kean left as owners messing with team selection , thats the biggest alarm bell for any decent manager

on side note SAUDI failed to qualify for 2014 WC .... right time for us ?

lol, Now that just would take some big £££ to achieve, 'walking in a dreamers wonder land theres only ........'

McCarthy please. Experience is everything in our situation, plus he's ok to listen to (less BS than we are used to). I think he would command the respect of the players straight away. NO ROOKIES please!! We could get lucky, but, what are the chances?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/9576126/Steve-Kean-looks-at-legal-options-as-Blackburn-Rovers-target-Tim-Sherwood-as-his-replacement.html

I can see Venkys appointing someone like Mccarthy, Grant or Roeder.

Personally i'd like Solskjaer or Shearer.

imagine Rhodes learning from Shearer... Awesome.

McCarthy is a defo option.

wouldnt have a problem if Shearer was appoint as manager. would help Rhodes massivly

But Shearer would have to have experience number 2 and not Dowie tho. Shearer/Newell as a management team could be a winner. plus good friends aswell.

Judan Ali come from nowhere to 10/1 on Skybet !! worrying, just google him or here's a few links http://www.sportskee...rld-cup-finals/ http://www.90soccer....-of-the-future/ http://www.easterney...d=7&newsId=1010

rated as coach apparently but as a manager? Kamy have you heard anything? ,

Just noticed Kean is joint second favourite for the Scotland job, yes please

I cant believe people are considering Mick McCarthy, Though he is a decent coach & will no doubt gain us promotion he has always proven to be a poor premier league manager. With Venkys being known for their "loyalty we will be back to square one!!! Although I think McCarthy is man enough to walk away!!

It's a strange situation really. Venkys seemingly backed Kean right to the end (publicly at least). Had they actually potted him, it might give some cause for optimism in their choice of new manager but as it is I'm still not sure they really have become interested.

What does give me hope is that Singh is involved in proceedings and he seems to care about the club and wants to rebuild the relationship with the fans.

Here's hoping he can convince Desai to push the boat out for the right man.

I cant believe people are considering Mick McCarthy, Though he is a decent coach & will no doubt gain us promotion he has always proven to be a poor premier league manager. With Venkys being known for their "loyalty we will be back to square one!!! Although I think McCarthy is man enough to walk away!!

Let's just worry about getting promoted first before we start worrying about where a potential manager can take us in the premiership!

http://www.oddscheck...rmanent-manager

some interesting names cropping up and some very uninteresting names and some highly unlikely to work with Venkys names , Venkys have to get this one right and get the club promoted this season with thre right man at the helm with full control of team affairs and transfers

Here's hoping he can convince Desai to push the boat out for the right man.

Here's hoping Desai has no involvement whatsoever in the appointment, otherwise we don't need to look at the prospective managers footy credentials but what their Mrs is like on shopping trips and girly chats etc.to see who it might be.

I would say it's pretty nailed on that an ex rover will be part of the new management team, whether that be as an assistant or as the manager. Venky's want the fans back in the stadium and a steady Eddie such as mick mcarthy probably wouldn't be a name venkys would choose.

Whispers at the ground today that redknapp has been approached to take over on a short term deal with sherwood assisting him and succeeding him at the end of the season.

Whispers at the ground today that redknapp has been approached to take over on a short term deal with sherwood assisting him and succeeding him at the end of the season.

This would be a brilliant team up. Perhaps I'm too optimistic but a Redknapp/Sherwood team up would darn near guarantee us promotion.

Here's hoping Desai has no involvement whatsoever in the appointment, otherwise we don't need to look at the prospective managers footy credentials but what their Mrs is like on shopping trips and girly chats etc.to see who it might be.

I'm thinking more from a financial perspective. Signing off a proper manager's wages might sting a bit.

Archived