BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Nixon on Twitter is saying that we have more problems to sort out than the manager. Says squad is rubbish and Shebby was asking for suggestions for manager the other day.

Not sure if the squad is as rubbish as he's making out all things considered and for the league we're in and he's just sticking up for his mate.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon on Twitter is saying that we have more problems to sort out than the manager. Says squad is rubbish and Shebby was asking for suggestions for manager the other day.

Not sure if the squad is as rubbish as he's making out all things considered and for the league we're in and he's just sticking up for his mate.

I think we are going to get a lot of this.

But hey, who cares. HE'S GONE!!!

I'm thinking more from a financial perspective. Signing off a proper managers wages might sting a bit.

But splashing out big money on good players like Rhodes without investing in a good manager is like sticking really good wheels on a childs trike. You'll never win the Tour De France.

I'm thinking more from a financial perspective. Signing off a proper manager's wages might sting a bit.

Yeah true, but to be honest if events of the last week are true ,even events over the last 12 months where its widely reported she kept Kean in a job, she has no credibility at all and needs to hand the club over to her brothers, if they are not for selling. I genuinely think Balaji wants to make a success of the club and don't think he can do it with that women having any involvement.

think Nixon is upset that kean has gone!

our squad is good but we now a manager who can get this squad playing to its strenghts and playing the right team and formation.

Let's just worry about getting promoted first before we start worrying about where a potential manager can take us in the premiership!

Thats the wrong way to be looking at it altogether, we were on course for promotion despite of Kean. We should be planning for promotion especially with the money spent, failure is not an option.

So having said that, we also need to be planning for the future with someone who can handle both leagues

No, Nicko's right about the squad.

Thats the wrong way to be looking at it altogether, we were on course for promotion despite of Kean. We should be planning for promotion especially with the money spent, failure is not an option.

So having said that, we also need to be planning for the future with someone who can handle both leagues

Points wise maybe, but we had a few lucky results and the season has only really just started, it's far too early to be looking at promotion as some kind of formality just yet.

It's great to look at the future but right now we have to get things right in the present. To attract someone of premiership standard we probably need to get their first otherwise the options will be pretty limited!

If there is some obvious candidate who wants to come to us who has a track record of being proven to be able to get promotion and then handle himself in the premiership then let's go get him, but I can't think of too many of the top of my head!

Compared to Arsenal yes? But compared to Blackpool, Huddersfield, Leicester, etc?

exactly, we have a very good squad for the championship. Yes we could do with a couple of additions but a decent manager will get so much more out of the squad!

Points wise maybe, but we had a few lucky results and the season has only really just started, it's far too early to be looking at promotion as some kind of formality just yet.

It's great to look at the future but right now we have to get things right in the present. To attract someone of premiership standard we probably need to get their first otherwise the options will be pretty limited!

If there is some obvious candidate who wants to come to us who has a track record of being proven to be able to get promotion and then handle himself in the premiership then let's go get him, but I can't think of too many of the top of my head!

But if we signed up McCarthy or similar & we get promoted would you trust Venkys to let him go if it was needed?

This is a very important appointment for SO many reasons & all factors need to be taken into considerations. If We were willing to break the bank for Rhodes then we should do the same for the right manager!!

exactly, we have a very good squad for the championship. Yes we could do with a couple of additions but a decent manager will get so much more out of the squad!

You're kidding yourselves, we've had more than our fair share of luck but apart from maybe the Bristol game we haven't dominated any game. In fact we've been second best in almost every game we've played. Good squads don't let that happen.

But if we signed up McCarthy or similar & we get promoted would you trust Venkys to let him go if it was needed?

This is a very important appointment for SO many reasons & all factors need to be taken into considerations. If We were willing to break the bank for Rhodes then we should do the same for the right manager!!

It's not that I completely disagree with you but I'm just trying to be semi realistic and am more than anything just hoping we don't go for some complete no name with no experience, e.g. Eric Black. I don't like Mick McCarthy at all to be honest, but I'd be perfectly happy with him coming in because Yes while we could do better, but we could do a whole whole lot worse!

Who is the right manager?

A lot of people want Redknapp and no doubt he's a very tempting target but he's very very unlikely to come and most of his success has come from completely revamping the squad and buying about 20 players which we will not be doing and certainly not until January, I'm not so sure he's the one to get the best out of the current crop, admittedly if he was willing to come I'd be happy with him.

My perfect partnership is still Hoddle and Wilkins.

Who would you go for out of interest?

You're kidding yourselves, we've had more than our fair share of luck but apart from maybe the Bristol game we haven't dominated any game. In fact we've been second best in almost every game we've played. Good squads don't let that happen.

As regards first team we have arguably the best players in the league, our poor performances were down to kean but we still got results. Granted lucky results but I will repeat, a Good manager will get the best out of that first team & will be capable of filling the gaps due to injuries

The problem is, good managers cost money & that is where Venkys need to prove themselves!!

No, Nicko's right about the squad.

I disagree completely.

Robbo, very good keeper.

Individually Givet/ Martin Olsson/Dann/ Hanley should all be more than good enough at this level . Marcus Olsson has done better than I thought. I agree Orr is abysmal at RB but Lowe hasn't played too badly in that position previously .

Etuhu/Murphy should be able to dominate games at this level. Gomes has done far better than I thought and Rochina has the ability to be a cut above if given an extended run. Nunes has shown considerable promise. Kazim Richards looks OK and Vukcevic can't even get on the bench.

Rhodes looks a top quality acquisition with Best to come back.

Then we have more depth in the squad to cope with injuries and suspension than most.

A half decent manager should be able to get this squad up at a canter imo.

There will be a desire to move quickly so that we can rebuild. So many variables for the new manager.

1) What freedom will he be given to manage the side and hire and fire players ?

2) This is a uniquely run club to put it politely, with remote and instant decision making, poor communications with the fans and a confused financial set up

3) There is not a solid club infrastructure, that was dismantled, and those who are involved are confused about roles and responsibilities.

Whoever comes in will need to navigate the morass to be successful. I have been a Sherwood advocate for months but he is ambitious and an agitator, witness recent comments around the Director of Football role at Spurs. If he can embrace a different culture and way of working, and not large it up like the Guvnor or Keane, he still remains my choice. He knows the ropes from his Spurs experience which I am sure has not always been a bed of roses and I think Mick may be a little one dimensional.

squad is not rubbish , just unbalanced , too few defenders , too many midfielders of which too many have no "legs" and no out ant out right winger

Exactly....our squad being rubbish for a Championship side is a ludicrous statement.....managers make squads/players look worse just like they make them look better.....countless examples of this in football in the past or present.

And we have an international standard, champions league-experienced right winger in our squad.......actually we have two.

Formica could provide the legs in central midfield, probably Rochina as well with some proper coaching......wasn't Rosado Portugal Under 21 captain? This league will be a culture shock but he clearly has something about him.

Henley is a really exciting prospect also.....I can't remember ever seeing our team sheet pre-match under Kean and being happy with it.

Archived