BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solskjaer doing well at molde but realistically because of owners don't think anyone decent would touch us with a 10 foot pole.

McCarthy, curbishley or Gary Johnson would be fine for me. Will end up with a crank like tendulkar or an actual chicken no doubt.

Will re-iterate the one I reckon is both achievable and has the most chance of success from all sides.. Schuster (exp building up smaller teams, crowd pleaser, commands respect and a world wide reputation) and Salgado.(A legend with an obvious bit of intelligence)

For those saying they'd be happy with Mick McCarthy, please no. Don't you remember his last 2 outings as manager?

Redknapp is my choice, easily the best out of the names being mentioned. However his wife won't move the south so he is highly unlikely. Curbishly my second choice, he's got a strong record.

Sounds like Sherwood is the man in the running, I'd take him over Shearer any day.

Will re-iterate the one I reckon is both achievable and has the most chance of success from all sides.. Schuster (exp building up smaller teams, crowd pleaser, commands respect and a world wide reputation) and Salgado.(A legend with an obvious bit of intelligence)

thats a good shout ....

i'm still hoping for frank rijkaard and tugay .... we have to look beyond promotion our team is young and we have good academy

i don't mind johan cryff as DOF and tim sherwod as manager and tugay or salgado as number 2

Dickov/McCarthy? No thanks. Liking the sound of Schuster/Rijkaard and Redknapp and also the possibility of Cruyff as DoF...

Do we know who is going to be taking charge of the recruiting process?

Also, I am pretty sure that 'back in the day' - Walker trust era, Redknapp used to be a massive fan of the club and how well it was run. He also made numerous comments on the traditions and facilities we had. It is a shame it's no longer the same as he would probably have jumped at the chance 4 years ago!

Like others I'd like to see us go for someone like Curbishley, McCarthy, Souness etc who can stabilise us, get us organised defensively and then look to move forward.

If we do go down the inexperienced route again I would love Salgado, he's a winner who's done it all as a player and undoubtedly cares more about the club and fans than any ex player I know. He'd also be a massive name when it comes to attracting players. He was a no nonsense player, I think he could also be that kind of manager.

The problem that Rovers are going to have is trying to convince a decent calibre manager to join due to the very poor reputation that Venky's have within the game, certainly the likes of Sherwood would have to think long and hard about taking over. Sherwood is very highly rated within the game and him coupled with an experienced guy would be perfect.

However I think that we may have to look abroad because I just get the feeling that decent calibre managers won't want to work with Venky's.

1st choice is obvious, it can only be Steve Kean's wife. The one that actually wears the pants in the family and keeps her wee mans testicles in her handbag. Seriously, Harry and Sherwood would be my dream team, but I think Curbs might just be the man to get it done, build a solid foundation get us back punching above our weight. Arry is a bit flippant and would likely buggar off pretty quick. Holloway a good shout for me, though I might be thinking more for entertainment on AND off the field. I feel he is too interwoven into the fabric of Blackpool at the moment and it would take a special job to pull him from that thread.

Either way this IS judgement day for the Venky's group, they have this ONE shot at redemption they simply MUST get it right, remember even Uncle Jack and JW got it wrong once.

First call Rafa.

Second call Curbs.

Third call McCarthy.

Fourth call Holloway.

Fifth call Mcleish

Sixth call Sherwood / Robinson / Shearer / Solskjaer / Berg

You can't be serious, only effective North of the Border at one of Scotlands only two clubs. Failed miserably here.

What about Ferguson, Mancini or Moyes? I think they'd do a good job :rock:

Obviously these were not realistic 'shouts' on my part.. I was responding to people's suggestions!

Aim high and work down would seem like the obvious way to go but this is Venkys we are talking about haha!

Can't believe, having just suffered through Steve Kean's reign of terror, that people are content for another young, inexperienced manager to come it. Yeah, i get that it's the romantic scenario... get a young manager in who doesnt know the job well and he ends up being some kind of impresario of football management... a bit like me when I start a new game of championship manager.

I want experience and ability to be the top two criteria when this guy (or girl, dont be sexist) is being picked.

We are a good enough team to get a good enough manager, the owners, however much we do hate them, are putting some money on the table, so with any luck we may be able to attract a decent manager.

Redknapp, whilst i know is the other end of the spectrum, and despite what i have just said, is unlikely, would be my ideal choice. We may have a card to play in terms of the fact that when he was ousted from Spurs, he made comments about not wanting to stay out of the game for any length of time... must be getting itchy feet... maybe Mrs Desai could scratch them for him... Schuster would be amazing too.

Redknapp till the end of season is my first choice.

1, Rafa with Salgado as his assistant

2. Holloway

3. Sherwood with Joe Jordan as his assistant

4. Solsjkaer

Then I like this plan.

McLeish is not gonna happen, but he's a better manager than his record at Villa suggests.

Bernd Schuster would never come to Rovers, nor would Benitez and I can't see Redknapp either. The experienced available managers are Mick Mc, Walter Smith and Curbs. Of the 3 I'd say Smith is the best coach, has the best record and would probably be interested.

The other choice is a young manager and there's lots of decent ones but we need to get up asap so do we wanna take that risk? I think Sherwood could be decent if he came with Joe Jordan or someone like that...

Archived