BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Whoever is the next manager he must be able to organise his defence ....

That problem will remain until the transfer window or even next season , Kean signed alot of dross and it will take time ...

Automatic promotion this season , I cannot see it next season like the last relegation is more realistic ...

Next manager ? Graeme Souness an arrogant hard man who would instil some much needed fight into our players , who have been on a jolly for 18 months ....

Cannot see Souness working for Venkys , and that might be a problem who will ?

Mc Carthy could sort it out but it wouldn't be pretty .

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't shoot me down in flames but what about stuart mccall at motherwell, got them into the champions league qualifiers (yes by default) and motherwell sit top of the spl at the moment, been there and done it as a player and he is a strong character

Too soon, i've developed a mysterious aversion to scots.

Why is it out of the question Tombro? He might find himself out of work soon.

Hughes wouldnt come back. I dont think he would. The way he left us and stating how much ambition he had - only to get sacked and been at Fulham and now QPR, its like stepping slowly down. He imagined himself to be manager of Chelsea and probably Man Utd eventually. I cant see him managing a big club - but he is fantastic with "small" clubs like us, Fulham and QPR (although he is having some issues at the moment).

But if he came back - I would be over the moon with joy!

We need someone who can come in and galvanise the club, getting the fans back on board with the performances on the field would be a start.

We should have the squad capable of automatic promotion, I mean even under that bell end Kean we were picking up points whilst playing gash ... if we can get the boys playing and with the fans well and truly onside we should be flying.

Best candidate for that I can think of for that is right down the road by the seaside. It would be a big shot in the arm, his infectious enthusiasm would be a huge factor. More I think about it the more I warm to it. The man seems to have an ability to pull together a team of lesser stars to make them perform. Not sure that Sherwood is not just too much of a gamble alone.

Hughes wouldnt come back. I dont think he would. The way he left us and stating how much ambition he had - only to get sacked and been at Fulham and now QPR, its like stepping slowly down. He imagined himself to be manager of Chelsea and probably Man Utd eventually. I cant see him managing a big club - but he is fantastic with "small" clubs like us, Fulham and QPR (although he is having some issues at the moment).

But if he came back - I would be over the moon with joy!

i'm sorry ...i would not have hughes back .. kinda feel he has lost the plot after leaving us ,

souness out of touch of game , i would not like shearer but tim would be good only with a good DOF and number 2 in place

ive seen so far 10-12 managers names and imo , you can strike 2 or 3 off for not having enought experience , another 2 or 3 because they are well out of our league , another 2 or 3 because they wouldnt be mad enought to work with Venkys and 1 that is at one of our rivals that leaves Mcleish & McCarthy , hardly spectacular or crowd pleasers but tick the most boxes of what we need right now

Stating the obvious but crucial decision here - mess it up and there really is NO way back for Venkys.

Problem is that candidates list is pretty average - so risky going for a Sherwood or someone who has never been a manager before. Personally like Curbs but been out of work for ages plus not sure he would come.

Also need to be careful of the 'anyone is better than Kean' mentality.

If Shebby involved, wonder who he will be relying on for guidance....

Told him not to listen to any fans or journos, and that he should be talking to people within the game. I am sure that if he rang someone like Fergie he would advice him.

You picked up any whispers yet Kamy or is it still too early? Do you know when the search will begin properly or has it already began seeing as the owners wanted Kean out anyway?

What are you on??

why not stranger things have happened ... if its me ...i'll get tugay or salgado on board as consultants and have them convince the shortlist with shebby and retain them as number 2 or coach .... what we need now is little endorsement from professionals who have rovers at heart .... everyone including matt jansen is giving us negative publicity and story being spun kean left as owners messing with team selection , thats the biggest alarm bell for any decent manager

on side note SAUDI failed to qualify for 2014 WC .... right time for us ?

You picked up any whispers yet Kamy or is it still too early? Do you know when the search will begin properly or has it already began seeing as the owners wanted Kean out anyway?

I believe that they have some targets but it is bit early to say who is the number 1 target, hopefully we can get someone in by the weekend, but I would rather they take their time and get the right man in rather than make a rushed appointment.

Archived