BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crystal Palace Preview

colin

I'm expecting the game to be boring, think our team will be well organized and not taking too much risks, but im hoping that the players put a really good shift in and plays some amazing football

I don't agree, Palace play decent football these days and I hope our boys are pumped after the appointment of Berg. Seems he likes to play an attractive style of football from his Norwegian teams, would you say thats fair puffsan? your posts have been excellent on Berg. Obviously he's only gonna have 2/3 training sessions with the squad so maybe can't expect to see his stamp on the team just yet. Perhaps Holloway will be in charge of Palace this saturday too

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I would agree that he likes to play attractive football but he did say in one of his interviews yesterday that black would do most of the preparations and he would only influence on some things.

So based on the games we have played under black combined with meeting a crystal palace team in good form and not wanting to start off with a bad result I wouldnt expect too many changes from blacks gameplan.

But I could be wrong and maybe there a positive manager effect on the players, certainly hopes so.

Btw our two losses this season are the only games morten gamst Pedersen has not played. Coincidence?

They might not be too free scoring as he won't have had the chance to implement anything.

They might still have a decent defence though as he won't have had time to implement anything. Oh wait, they don't have a good defensive record anyway.

Come on Bergy, let's go for three points and get off to a flyer.

That said I think we might just sneak a draw. Berg hasn't had chance to exert any influence on the squad yet, and from what our Norwegian Rovers faithful say he likes to work with wingers and get crosses into the box (which we don't seem to be able to do), but I have my fingers crossed we get off to a winning start.

Guest Rovers4Good

Berg's 1st line up in charge is as follows: (brace yourself)

GK: Robinson

RB: Henley

CB: Dann

CB: Hanley

LB: Olsson

RM: Pedersen

CM: Murphy

CM: Etuhu

LM: Olsson

CF: Rhodes

CF: Richards

Hope this is what you'd hoped for but i very much doubt it LOL

Not too sure which Olsson is where as they both look the same to me.

4-4-2 is the name of the game.

Till next time :)

Henley at full back is an improvement.

Is it definitely 4-4-2? Looks quite flexible if Pedersen tucks in and Kazim-Richards drifts out wide.

i thoroughly enjoy the inside intel Rovers4Good but would it not be common knowledge for any opposition to get a log in to BRFCS and check the match thread the day before a game to check our line up and formation and get extra time to combat it?

I'd much rather it was left until officially announced just before kick off, it doesn't really help the clubs or our own personal situation, we need any upper hand we can get...

I do hope Berg gets off to a winning start and i'm fully behind this new era for the rovers.

i thoroughly enjoy the inside intel Rovers4Good but would it not be common knowledge for any opposition to get a log in to BRFCS and check the match thread the day before a game to check our line up and formation and get extra time to combat it?

I'd much rather it was left until officially announced just before kick off, it doesn't really help the clubs or our own personal situation, we need any upper hand we can get...

I do hope Berg gets off to a winning start and i'm fully behind this new era for the rovers.

Talk about paranoid!

Talk about paranoid!

not meaning to sound paranoid just talking with a bit of sense. teams have sent spies to opposition training sessions since the beginning of time! every week we get the team and formation posted the day before a game so there'd be no reason that word hasn't caught on and our opposition are one step ahead of us because of it!

not meaning to sound paranoid just talking with a bit of sense. teams have sent spies to opposition training sessions since the beginning of time! every week we get the team and formation posted the day before a game so there'd be no reason that word hasn't caught on and our opposition are one step ahead of us because of it!

Crystal Palace will have been training for the game all week. You really think they'd start doing things differently on Friday based on what someone posted on a messageboard? Can you imagine that conversation?!

Guest Rovers4Good

If our team is good enough to beat them then not sure that a spy would make any difference LOL

Don't mind keeping it a secret if that's what you want?

Been leaning out your window again?

How did the opposing team set-up and who played where? Was it also 4-4-2, per chance?

Orr has been dropped for the game. Murphy also back in the squad. Take a guess who advised Berg of that decision.

Not trying to cause any negativity, but Shebby has started influencing the team already, now

whether Berg allows that to carry on, I don't know.

Murphy was always going to get back in due to Lowe's injury....

• Backroom

Orr has been dropped for the game. Murphy also back in the squad. Take a guess who advised Berg of that decision.

Not trying to cause any negativity, but Shebby has started influencing the team already, now whether Berg allows that to carry on, I don't know.

Orr bring dropped is a good call and with Lowe and Dunn out there are no other options for CM

Maybe Givet was a bit sore today so sitting it out whilst Hanley took his place

I like having pace fullbacks but RW is a weakpoint

Archived