BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watford Preview

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the team needs to change a little for two reasons:

Rest players in order to have them all at 100% and use some of the subs to have them match fit when we need them.

There are a lot of games to play and the depth of the team might be a decisive factor.

Was absolutely gutted to lose our Premier League status and it was obviously going to be dire playing at this standard at times this year. However I was not prepared for just how bad it has been. Wednesdays game was like pulling teeth and I do not think today's will be any better.

Managerless and lacking leadership / insipiration at all levels of the club, whilst confusion and uncertainty grows. As others have stated any win at the moment is a good win as we remain all over the place.

• Backroom

For me Etuhu is pretty vital to the team, his passing is limited but this is where he should be helped out, he's the only one out of the back four who is winning the ball at all, the problem is he wins it and then nobody moves at all forcing him to play a pass out of his range, the likes of Lowe and Murphy should be constantly trying to find space to be available for him

Lowe was an improvement on his usual standard on Wednesday and was doing exactly what he should when not on the ball but not enough when we had it, he's a limited player but with his energy he should be and was constantly closing down

If we are to create much the wingers need to offer a lot more as well. Olsson was pathetic in his lack of effort midweek and CKR seems to fancy himself a but to much to score a spectacular goal when its not on

Three of us were invited on a freebie to Ewood today and have all declined.

In addition to having lost virtually all affinity with the club It's just so uninspiring to watch.

Had a laugh about Earl's comments above about Watford being tired - for fecks sake, they've had a day's extra rest and are about to play, arguably, the least fit team in the league, so that can be discounted for a start.

As posted earlier, feel as though this will be a convincing win for either team and edging towards Watford at the moment.

Declining a freebie to watch your own team. Don't get it, don't get it at all.

Sometimes that half empty glass of yours has a bit too much bitter lemon in it for my liking.

Another streaky win for us I reckon. Keeping us there or thereabouts for the new fella (Holloway hopefully).

Well Almunia should be playing so hopefully we provide plenty of crosses and set pieces......but not like that 0-0 away at Arsenal a couple of seasons ago when every set piece was put as close as possible to him and he claimed them all comfortably.

No idea what all their loan signings are like....but they won't be fully used to the league yet.....hopefully Iwelumo starts as he makes Marlon Harewood look good......he'll probably score a hat-trick now.

Three of us were invited on a freebie to Ewood today and have all declined.

In addition to having lost virtually all affinity with the club It's just so uninspiring to watch.

Had a laugh about Earl's comments above about Watford being tired - for fecks sake, they've had a day's extra rest and are about to play, arguably, the least fit team in the league, so that can be discounted for a start.

As posted earlier, feel as though this will be a convincing win for either team and edging towards Watford at the moment.

There are other teams out there that you can offer your "support" to. Hey! As you are "edging" towards a Watford win they could be your new team. :blink:

Archived