BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Half Season Ticket On Sale Now

Kamy100

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but I think you are missing the point.

I am not interested in what other club's charge as I am not interested in buying their product.

If Asda increased all their unit pricing by 35% to 45% inside 4 months, their stores would have no customers.

It's pretty simple to me.

That's a flawed argument and certainly doesn't argue against the post you replied to. If ASDA put up their prices by 45%, they wouldn't lose all their customers. Because that would ignore the fact that Tesco, Sainsburys, etc are already 50% - 65% higher (and more) than the original low price.

Simple economics mean you HAVE to compare to other providers to determine value for money, rather than some perceived, historical or otherwise imaginary number people have in their heads. It's basic supply and demand.

But even that argument is flawed because you can't change your club like a supermarket. It's a one club deal (for most). However, as an ASDA customer in your example, you are basically starving youself through principle. "They've put their prices up to something more realistic - even though they offered me a discount 6 months ago - I'd rather not eat than shop there again".

Ultimately, you are right, it's your money and its your prerogative as to how you spend it but it doesn't mean others don't think "fair's fair" and chooses to renew - even on a half season basis aren't also right.

My original point is that we all post on a messageboard as Rovers supporters yet there are still (post-Kean) people determined to continue with varying reasons as to why they no longer want to "support" (in the literal sense). If so, why bother posting. You could spend even more time shopping - or maybe take up golf with one of your brethren? ;)

• Backroom

Good pricing IMO its a competitive price without devaluing the season ticket prices

I missed out on the early bird offer but that was my choice I then didn't moan that I'm paying £40 more than others in the same stand, I think its fair that those that stumped up early get the best value

Sorry but I think you are missing the point.

I am not interested in what other club's charge as I am not interested in buying their product.

If Asda increased all their unit pricing by 35% to 45% inside 4 months, their stores would have no customers.

It's pretty simple to me.

Did you take into account how many higher tiered matches are in the final 11 matches ? Don't know the answer - but just a thought.

All this money you make mercer from betting and youre unwilling to pay a few quid extra on the early bird ticket price which you alone decided you wouldn't take up at the time. You can't have the best of both worlds. You're putting money into the club you love at 14 pound a time. If you wamt to stay away fine but you seem to be looking for any excuse possible to take the missus shopping on a saturday

No cos the pre-season people are paying for 23 games in advance. The half season ticket people are paying for less games thus less money in advance. If it wasn't proportional then the match day price should be the same as the early bird price.

Yes a small rise would be expected and acceptable. I haven't seen the full half season price list, but I think Mercerman is using his own seat in the JW upper as his argument. If he's right a 35/45% increase is extortionate. We're talking here about £25 average ticket price paid up front. Most fans in that area of the ground would be put off at those prices.

Sounds like you're just shifting the goalposts, Mercer. I'm sure if this wasn't the issue you'd find another reason to avoid coming back. I respect people who boycott out of principle but your stance keeps changing like the wind.

I'd love to take the club up on this offer, but sadly living 260 odd miles from Ewood on a limited income doesn't make it worthwhile. Like I said, if people want to stay away because they're still disillusioned with the club - fine. Totally respect that. But quibbling over ticket prices, which are still highly competitive, is something else entirely.

This can be a very emotive subject and most people have, and are entitled, to their own views.

At the end of the day, it is an individual decision based upon an individual perception.

If the club get their pricing right, and matters on the field of play are right, then they will sell good quantities of tickets. If they don't get their pricing right, then ticket sales will suffer.

In summary, the price I am being asked to pay for mid season tickets, is, in my view, too much and I simply wont do it. That is my personal choice and, in summary, my rationale is:

• 'Early bird price' which ran from early April right through to kick-off: £399, equivalent to £17.35/match
  • Mid season price: £279, equivalent to £25.36/match (+46%)
  • I would not expect to get away with paying pay £17.35/match equivalent for the last 11 matches as I recognise that there are supporters who stumped-up £399 anytime in the period from April to new season kick-off. I would expect to pay a premium and would be 'happy' to pay up to £209, equivalent to £19.00/match (+10% on 'Early bird price' and equivalent to about £40 over a season).

That, IMO, would be fair and reasonable all round.

Good pricing IMO its a competitive price without devaluing the season ticket prices

I missed out on the early bird offer but that was my choice I then didn't moan that I'm paying £40 more than others in the same stand, I think its fair that those that stumped up early get the best value

+1

This can be a very emotive subject and most people have, and are entitled, to their own views.

At the end of the day, it is an individual decision based upon an individual perception.

If the club get their pricing right, and matters on the field of play are right, then they will sell good quantities of tickets. If they don't get their pricing right, then ticket sales will suffer.

In summary, the price I am being asked to pay for mid season tickets, is, in my view, too much and I simply wont do it. That is my personal choice and, in summary, my rationale is:

• 'Early bird price' which ran from early April right through to kick-off: £399, equivalent to £17.35/match
  • Mid season price: £279, equivalent to £25.36/match (+46%)
  • I would not expect to get away with paying pay £17.35/match equivalent for the last 11 matches as I recognise that there are supporters who stumped-up £399 anytime in the period from April to new season kick-off. I would expect to pay a premium and would be 'happy' to pay up to £209, equivalent to £19.00/match (+10% on 'Early bird price' and equivalent to about £40 over a season).

That, IMO, would be fair and reasonable all round.

You're not comparing apples with apples though. The mid-season price should be compared to the standard (post-early-bird) offer. Someone may correct me but the early-bird offer was extended right up to season start so we never really got into the standard full season price.

Considering relegation (loss of income) and four extra games in a season (extra cost) I think a 10% rise is an unreasonable expectation. Although that us based on relegation through 'normal circumstances', with no sense of compensation being required,

It still comes down to market value and even at the higher prices, we fans are doing pretty well in comparison to other clubs, many of whom - believe it or not - offering an inferior product.

If you are strapped for the cash, why not join us in the Riverside? Pick the right seat and the view isn't that different to the JW!

Hope you can adjust your perception of the VFM here and, geography and shopping opportunitirs permitted, get yourself back down to Ewood.

It's be great to have you! :)

You're not comparing apples with apples though. The mid-season price should be compared to the standard (post-early-bird) offer. Someone may correct me but the early-bird offer was extended right up to season start so we never really got into the standard full season price. And therefore full standard price is irrelevant when 95%+ bought at 'Early Bird'.

Considering relegation (loss of income) and four extra games in a season (extra cost) I think a 10% rise is an unreasonable expectation. Although that us based on relegation through 'normal circumstances', with no sense of compensation being required. My 10% rise is based on unit/match price and therefore legislates for extra games.

It still comes down to market value and even at the higher prices, we fans are doing pretty well in comparison to other clubs, many of whom - believe it or not - offering an inferior product.

If you are strapped for the cash, why not join us in the Riverside? Pick the right seat and the view isn't that different to the JW! Sat in the Riverside before JW built but it's about personal preference and also the considerations of those who I take with me.

Hope you can adjust your perception of the VFM here and, geography and shopping opportunitirs permitted, get yourself back down to Ewood.

It's be great to have you! :)

My argument is about the principle of what I consider to be an outrageous price increase of 45%. Having said that, I really want to see Rovers challenging and if they are, will no doubt end-up watching most of the 11 games in the New Year and I have no doubt it will prove cheaper, especially when we get the usual '2 fors' or '3 fors' thrown in. I honestly believe that Rovers will regret their pricing of these mid season tickets - IMO, they have missed a great opportunity to bring many of the lost thousands back on board.

Have to disagree with you on this particular topic once again MM, you seem to be expecting to get a half season ticket at more or less the same rates give or take a pound or two as those who committed pre season. That isn't particularly fair on people who committed pre season imo.

Secondly, I haven't seen the full list of prices but I assume the £279 you're talking about is for JW. From my understanding of the advertising you can go in either the BBE, Riverside or DE for £149.

£149 for 11 matches is extremely good value imo.

It does come over that having previously said you will return if Berg starts getting results etc you're searching for a further backup excuse not to go.

Have to disagree with you on this particular topic once again MM, you seem to be expecting to get a half season ticket at more or less the same rates give or take a pound or two as those who committed pre season. That isn't particularly fair on people who committed pre season imo. I am not and have clearly stated that I am prepared to pay a unit match premium of 10% which seems pretty fair to me. But a premium of 45% is a feckin joke.

Secondly, I haven't seen the full list of prices but I assume the £279 you're talking about is for JW. From my understanding of the advertising you can go in either the BBE, Riverside or DE for £149. After having had season tickets in the JW ever since it was built, why on earth would I want to change ?

It does come over that having previously said you will return if Berg starts getting results etc you're searching for a further backup excuse not to go. After 50ish years of following the club home and away, why on earth would I be looking for an excuse not to go if Berg gets things moving ?

• Backroom

Have to disagree with you on this particular topic once again MM, you seem to be expecting to get a half season ticket at more or less the same rates give or take a pound or two as those who committed pre season. That isn't particularly fair on people who committed pre season imo.

Secondly, I haven't seen the full list of prices but I assume the £279 you're talking about is for JW. From my understanding of the advertising you can go in either the BBE, Riverside or DE for £149.

It does come over that having previously said you will return if Berg starts getting results etc you're searching for a further backup excuse not to go.

I think the most shocking thing is that by disagreeing with MM you actually agree with me for once

As far as the early bird prices go it wasn't till the kick off as I bought one on the day of the hull game and paid full whack, I paid 10% more than the early bird price so why should people get half season tickets cheaper on a per game basis?

Don't fall for the Keaning keanshit. Mercerman did not have a ST in the good years.

He is on my dissidents 'blacklist' of 8 regular posters who need to get a life.

I will treat your ramblings with the contempt they deserve.

Some of us do have minds of our own and are not like the proverbial sheep. By the way, I enjoy good and fulfilling life.

I think the most shocking thing is that by disagreeing with MM you actually agree with me for once

As far as the early bird prices go it wasn't till the kick off as I bought one on the day of the hull game and paid full whack, I paid 10% more than the early bird price so why should people get half season tickets cheaper on a per game basis?

They shouldn't and I am not advocating that hence the 10% premium on a per game basis that I have suggested !

OK, Tom. I guess there's only one real question here then. What are the percentage increases, compared to final summer prices, in all four stands? They should be equal, to be fair to everyone.

• Backroom

I do agree that the Jw stand should have the same price increase percentage wise as the other stands, not quite sure on the logic behind that one unless it has a lower percentage of empty seats than the others but that doesn't seem the case

OK, Tom. I guess there's only one real question here then. What are the percentage increases, compared to final summer prices, in all four stands? They should be equal, to be fair to everyone.

Don't agree with your view but for JW would be 27% - still outrageously high.

BBE is 20% on same basis.

Don't agree with your view but for JW would be 27% - still outrageously high.

BBE is 20% on same basis.

OK then Mercerman [i'm supporting you here!] there are two[/] questions. Firstly, if the percentages you quote are correct, then how do the club justify people in the JW have to pay a bigger increase than other fans - and how do the club justify such big increases when they are trying to persuade more fans to return to the club?

Any FF member prepared to ask the questions?

Archived