BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Half Season Ticket On Sale Now

Kamy100

Thought you were finished on this topic?

;)

Just out of curiosity, would you go into Curry's and kick off because the sales were on and nearly all the TV's were on offer but the particular model you wanted wasn't, or at least didn't have as much knocked off it as the rest?

I fight for every last penny !

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought two half season tickets in the Riverside this morning. Don't particularly like it there, would much rather go in the JW near friends, but the pricing forced my/our hands.

Riverside is well better anyway :P

I think Mercerman has had some unfair stick here. I hadn't renewed for the first time since 91. Moved to the JW upper about 8 seasons ago. I'm getting a half season ticket with 1864 Roverite in Darwen end. I don't think the difference in percentage costs can be justified - I've been to a few home & away games - I'm happy to be back full time as of now. I can't expect after the last few years for Venkys or the board to get everything right, JW upper is too expensive - but at least now I'm looking forward to going back on Ewood.

I think Mercerman has had some unfair stick here. I hadn't renewed for the first time since 91. Moved to the JW upper about 8 seasons ago. I'm getting a half season ticket with 1864 Roverite in Darwen end. I don't think the difference in percentage costs can be justified - I've been to a few home & away games - I'm happy to be back full time as of now. I can't expect after the last few years for Venkys or the board to get everything right, JW upper is too expensive - but at least now I'm looking forward to going back on Ewood.

In round figures, if the half season ticket in the Darewn end, Blackburn end and Riverside values a full season ticket at £298, then it values the JW upper central at £558.

Rev, are you still on the FF? If so, I would expect that you might take these points seriously and maybe "represent" [cue hysterics from Glenn :lol:] some of the fans concerns - rather than tell 'em to find another seat. Percentage rises should be equal across all the stands. Anyone in a position to talk with the club regularly should be pressing for lower/fairer ticket prices, just as the FSF does. I hope the other FF members have a bit more about them.

. I would have thought that every fan would argue for fair pricing across all the stands, especially someone who was on the FF in the past. Honestly, if the FF aren't interested in pricing, what are they there for? Having said that, I'm almost certain that the FF will ask the club for the figures and their reasoning.

I'm not 100% I can make the next meeting, but assuming I'm there, I'll happily raise it. It won't be the first time I've raised something I disagree with, nor will it be the last. One of the reasons I feel the FF still has a place (and why I'll always offer opinions gathered on here, not just my own) is it's a very broad church and can offer feedback from both sides across almost any point. Personally Den I think the club have it right, very cheap tickets for those who that matters most to, more expensive (even is disproportionately so) for those willing to more, but ultimately they've kept the barrier to entry very very low, which is what's important. That said, I full understand your point and assuming I'm there I'll make sure it's put across.

I'm not 100% I can make the next meeting, but assuming I'm there, I'll happily raise it. It won't be the first time I've raised something I disagree with, nor will it be the last. One of the reasons I feel the FF still has a place (and why I'll always offer opinions gathered on here, not just my own) is it's a very broad church and can offer feedback from both sides across almost any point. Personally Den I think the club have it right, very cheap tickets for those who that matters most to, more expensive (even is disproportionately so) for those willing to more, but ultimately they've kept the barrier to entry very very low, which is what's important. That said, I full understand your point and assuming I'm there I'll make sure it's put across.

Thanks Glenn. I must admit though, I'm perplexed how anyone on the FF - who are there to basically put the fans take on matters, can agree with the club raising ticket prices in an unfair manner, in one stand only. Many of the fans up there [me included] aren't in any way financially advantaged against fans elsewhere on the ground. Me and Baz have had to move solely because of the price, as have others. It doesn't make any sense. Pricing fans out of a stand that's already seen falling numbers, when there's no-one to replace them is nuts.

Having said all that, the club have announced their prices and aren't going to change them now. I would still like to know their thinking behind this.

If the percentage rise was across the board, I would whole heartedly agree, but I'd wager the number of people who are significantly influenced by the stand they are in, to the point they don't attend, is pretty low. Moving forward I love the idea a premium on "better" seats going toward keeping the cheaper seats as cheap as possible, the fact it has to impact the people already used to those seats is unfortunate, but in my eyes, for the greater good and if the net result is more people get to see Rovers ('cos they can keep the cheap seats cheap) then great.

If they did the same to me in the BBE (I have what I consider the optimal seat for viewing), sure I'd be annoyed, I'd possibly even want it bringing up in the FF, but ultimately I'd still get a season ticket ... and it's that loyalty they are understandably relying on and as long as they don't go too far too quickly, I personally feel it's fair enough.

If the percentage rise was across the board, I would whole heartedly agree, but I'd wager the number of people who are significantly influenced by the stand they are in, to the point they don't attend, is pretty low. Moving forward I love the idea a premium on "better" seats going toward keeping the cheaper seats as cheap as possible, the fact it has to impact the people already used to those seats is unfortunate, but in my eyes, for the greater good and if the net result is more people get to see Rovers ('cos they can keep the cheap seats cheap) then great.

If they did the same to me in the BBE (I have what I consider the optimal seat for viewing), sure I'd be annoyed, I'd possibly even want it bringing up in the FF, but ultimately I'd still get a season ticket ... and it's that loyalty they are understandably relying on and as long as they don't go too far too quickly, I personally feel it's fair enough.

The "better" seats contributing towards the cheaper seats idea only works if the "better" seats are full.

The "better" seats contributing towards the cheaper seats idea only works if the "better" seats are full.

Spot on.

What Rovers are doing now is driving fans into cheaper options meaning that they are losing even more revenue - how on earth will that lend itself to maintaining 'cheaper' prices in the 'cheaper' seats ?

Glen Mullan's post about Wigan's prices is very interesting. For £165, I could have one of the best seats on the ground for Wigan's last 9 PL games this season. Rovers' offering in JW for 11 Championship games £279 !!!!

IMO, as I've made clear, it's absolutely feckin crackers and whoever came up with that load of b o l l o c k s should be committed !

The cheapest at Palace for example is £180 wit the most expensive £260.

Is that better as the difference between the two is less even though the cheapest is £30 more expensive?

Or Wolves for example? £300 most expensive, £250 cheapest.

Or Forest cheapest £238, most expensive £336.

These low prices won't be around forever. Best not to moan about them whilst they are

• Backroom

As I said before: Drive the fans to cheaper seats (opposite the TV gantry), ground looks fuller - more attractive to other fans - more fans go, but in the remaining seats. Perhaps it's a conscious effort to get the sheep back? ;)

Can someone please advise me I am in the process of trying to find a place in Blackburn I had hoped to move by now but it has been unbelievably difficult I am hoping to move probably in the new year now can someone please tell me if these half season tickets will still be on sale into the new year at these prices? Thanks.

Archived