BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Vs Rovers

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to highlight you Mercer but this is one of the reasons why we Rovers fans have become a laughing stock in the media.

Berg has had a MONTH with the players, signed ONE player- on loan and suddenly he is the same as Kean- who was here for 2 and a bit years and destroyed the club in so many ways. Perhaps we thought Berg has a magic wand and would simply magically turn the club around in a month, a tad unrealistic IMO.

Our club has been systematically destroyed by a number of different factors- Berg is NOT one of them. Lets see what happens hey, Boro are prime example, looked poor under Mowbray but after a year he has turned them around, will it take Berg that long? Well he certainly needs a pre season to get this lot fit. Her certainly needs a transfer window to undo the damage of others.

Lets see where Bolton and Palace end up, as I dont really rate Dougie.

Absolutely spot on Imy, it`s going to take time for things to turn around, Berg needs to rebuild the team and change the mindset of the players. With everything that has gone the fans are understandably wishing for a quick turnaround but that just isn`t going to happen. the one thing to consider is the team haven`t come into form as yet, so being where we are and considering how badly we have performed it isn`t as bad as some think, still many twists and turns to come .

Really disappointed with what I saw last night.

As per Saturday I thought that the way we moved the ball forward was far to slow, it allowed Bolton to keep their shape and we weren’t really able to stretch them in a defensive sense until the last 10 minutes. At times we passed the ball for the sake of passing but there didn’t seem to be an obvious gameplan. Bolton played well, they were well organised and through Chris Eagles & Lee were a threat going forward.

The crux of our problem is the centre midifield, Etuhu & Murphy as a combination doesn’t work when a team pushes up and closes us down in midfield, one can’t pass (Etuhu) and the the other’s legs have gone (Murphy), so if your centre midfield is not functioning properly then the rest of the team also get’s dragged down. The other problem is Rhodes, at the moment we are not playing to his strengths. His best work is done inside the box but because of the way we play he is often isolated, spends an inordinate amount of time outside the box (for the team) and is feeding on scraps. It was no coincidence that he looked more of a threat when Kazim came on and did all the physical stuff which allowed Rhodes to make his clever runs and get into goalscoring positions.

I wouldn’t judge Berg yet, 5 points from 18 is not good enough and there are some worrying signs BUT he needs to be given time to undo all the damage that Kean did over the last 2 years, this is not going to happen overnight. Personally I think that Berg needs to “freshen” things up at Brockhall, there are still to many people there from Kean’s reign, so maybe it’s time to bring his own backroom team in, hopefully they will bring new ideas (more in tune with Berg’s philosophy) and that might galvanise the players.

Sunday is obviously a huge game, the minimum that fans want to see from the team is Passion, Pride and Commitment. Might be time to bring some of the more experienced players into the team, I would bring in Givet, Lowe, Kazim, MGP and Simon.

Totally agree with your comments Kamy.

Berg needs time to put his stamp on the team and delevop his own team and his style of play.

Berg needs to bring in a proper fitness coach to improve this side of rovers players.

I would like to see Givet, Lowe, Kazim and Simon playing instead of King, Hanley, Rochina and Etuhu for the Burnley game.

Also I would like to see OUR FANS get behind the players and give them our FULL SUPPORT instead of booing and moaning about the players.

I was ashamed of some of the comments I heard last night by some fans about Robinson, Murphy and Etuhu.

We all hoped for a new dawn but unfortunately, not much seems to have changed. As a person, clearly Berg is in a different league to Kean but football wise, IMO, based on what we have seen so far including the signing of King, he is no better than Kean.

With exactly the same squad (bar King) - we have seen far better football under Berg than we ever did under Kean. Last night was the worst I have seen us play since the Palace match (IMO Berg can't be blamed for that one). The Millwall match was nowhere near as bad as many made out - I think some fans just expected us to steam roller them because they were only Millwall - and got a nasty shock. The important thing now is how the players react - and there couldn't be a better match to do it in,

IMO Berg was in a difficult position last night - he is trying to instill a new team pattern - so obviously didn't want wholesale changes. Bolton took the opposite view - and changed six players from the weekend. In hindsight Berg was wrong as Bolton looked fresher - lets at least give him the chance to put it right before comparing him to Kean.

Totally agree with your comments Kamy.

Berg needs time to put his stamp on the team and delevop his own team and his style of play.

Berg needs to bring in a proper fitness coach to improve this side of rovers players.

I would like to see Givet, Lowe, Kazim and Simon playing instead of King, Hanley, Rochina and Etuhu for the Burnley game.

Also I would like to see OUR FANS get behind the players and give them our FULL SUPPORT instead of booing and moaning about the players.

I was ashamed of some of the comments I heard last night by some fans about Robinson, Murphy and Etuhu.

if you were ashamed shame on or more to the point shame on the under performing murphy + Etuhu who get paid more in a week than some fans get paid in over 2 years annual salary...theres an old saying if you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen.....the wages some of the players get are ignorant bet poor danny wasn't scraping ice off his car at 5.30am this morning after watching that garbage the previous night....Proper fans have reason to moan and complain

Bolton fans I have spoken to were amazed how "chunky" Robinson is these days - also seemed surprised he couldn't push the free kick around the post rather than onto it (I'll let those in the DE comment on that one).

Bolton fans I have spoken to were amazed how "chunky" Robinson is these days - also seemed surprised he couldn't push the free kick around the post rather than onto it (I'll let those in the DE comment on that one).

...Robbo looks over weight and unfit but still manages to pull off some top saves

• Moderation Lead

...Robbo looks over weight and unfit but still manages to pull off some top saves

From inside the box yeah. From outside, he's a liability every time a shot comes in. How many times did Bolton have a go from outside the box last night??

Robinson is in poor form, unfit and his confidence is low. this started last season under Kean.

I would have keep Bunn this summer and let Robinson leave. I was wrong in the summer when I said the opposite, I wouldnt be surprise to see a new keeper coming in the first week in January.

• Moderation Lead

Robinson is in poor form, unfit and his confidence is low. this started last season under Kean.

I would have keep Bunn this summer and let Robinson leave. I was wrong in the summer when I said the opposite, I wouldnt be surprise to see a new keeper coming in the first week in January.

I said the exact same to my mate at the game last night....

From inside the box yeah. From outside, he's a liability every time a shot comes in. How many times did Bolton have a go from outside the box last night??

quite a few as they did their homework as for homework so did Millwall's harrying the midfield

• Moderation Lead

From a Bolton perspective on Wanderersways:

''Great noise from the away end - Jackburn were god-awful, poor team, poor manager and a woeful 13k home fans for a local derby. It's as if Uncle Jack never existed - oooooh Venky's we love you''

God, they're obsessed with us, as bad as Burnley that lot.They need some rivals of their own.

Just a thought on the disappointing performances since Berg took over. Undoubtedly he inherited a bunch of unfit players thanks to Kean. To improve their fitness they will be working very hard in training - maybe almost like pre-season - so are perhaps leaving too much on the training pitch and coming into matches tired and therefore not performing as sharply as they should. Acquiring match fitness takes time - more than a couple of weeks - so I am clinging to the hope that in a couple more weeks when they have had 5 or 6 weeks of proper training the energy levels and sharpness will return. This may also explain why Berg is playing the same players match after match - they are not fit enough so to get fit they have to play. If he constantly rotated players it would take more players longer to get up to the necessary match fitness levels. Here's hoping....

Oh come one. That particular fan's post is spot on, and were we to have done the reverse there would be similar stuff banded around here.

So? The point still stands, they are obsessed with us and they don't have any rivals of their own. They mistakenly seem to think their arrival should prompt more of our fans than usual to turn up. Its somewhere between funny and tragic, I feel a tiny bit sorry for them. Don't know why they've never tried giving rivalry with Wigan a go.

So? The point still stands, they are obsessed with us and they don't have any rivals of their own.

I disagree. I don't think that they're obsessed with us. Pre Jack Walker I think there was a fierce rivalry between all the old Lancashire clubs, Bolton included. Myself, only been in my mid twenties I don't remember such a rivalry, but it must have hurt and annoyed a lot of fans from clubs like Bolton to see us shoot off into the horizon.

If I were in their boots, I'd be loving every minute of our demise.

I disagree. I don't think that they're obsessed with us. Pre Jack Walker I think there was a fierce rivalry between all the old Lancashire clubs, Bolton included. Myself, only been in my mid twenties I don't remember such a rivalry, but it must have hurt and annoyed a lot of fans from clubs like Bolton to see us shoot off into the horizon.

If I were in their boots, I'd be loving every minute of our demise.

I've seen fighting outside the ground instigated by their fans on my last 4 trips to the Reebok, they have numerous insulting names for us, and they won't take 3-4,000 to any other ground this season. Its hard to define obsession but they certainly care more about us than they do about any other club.

Again, its hard to define a fierce rivalry. But personally I never talk about or think about Bolton at any time of the year other than the week before we play them, and if we do beat or lose to them then I care far more about our performance than I do about the gain or loss of local bragging rights.

Well let them love away, personally I couldn't care less about what the fans of a billy no mates ****hole club from Greater Manchester think. And to be honest its pretty sad to be loving a situation where your "bitter" rivals are completely imploding and yet still lie above you in the table.

if you were ashamed shame on or more to the point shame on the under performing murphy + Etuhu who get paid more in a week than some fans get paid in over 2 years annual salary...theres an old saying if you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen.....the wages some of the players get are ignorant bet poor danny wasn't scraping ice off his car at 5.30am this morning after watching that garbage the previous night....Proper fans have reason to moan and complain

Agreed completely. This is why football is so skewed. FFS what justifies average joe bloggs players getting 20k plus per week. They need a feckin kick up the arse. Football is like no other business. It is so detached from reality. Our club is a mess. The blame lies with the football circle/hangers on/ chancers - not with us fans. I'm peed off completely with how our club has been treated. I enjoy football as a sport, a hobby the laughs and banter that can go with it. But when you have parasites plainly taking the kean - it gets me angry.

We are BLACKBURN ROVERS

not scumbag Venkys - Ego tw@t Shebby - Crook Agents - W@nker Kean. F them all!!

Bloody hell it was cold! ......... Just about the only comment I can be arsed to make cos that would take more energy than half that lot in blue and white on the pitch used up. We have become one sick club under these owners, as most with a speck of insight predicted.

S' funny I thought those two Millwall goals his attempts were almost I dentical and neither time did he seem to get much off the ground. IMHO he's a liability more often than he is a life saver. For that he should be benched at least till he shows he can slim down.

Archived