BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Vs Rovers

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly no matter what manager came in we were never going to just start playing better.

The players fitness is a disaster (keans fault)

The squad is a mess (keans fault)

Fans are slow to give anyone a chance (keans fault)

Time to face facts, this season is gone. It was the moment kean was given a chance over the summer.

Next season is bergs time all he can do is try to rebuild the club this year.

The main problem is lack of movement.

CKR came on and offered lots of movement, he ran into space. Rhodes repeatedly does this lay off and move thing, but it's usually to Ruben, who either loses it, shoots, or plays a wonder pass. Formica is drifting inside because naturally he wants to play in Rubens position. Which means there's no forward runs on the right wing.

I know, it's weird he never passes it forwards in this system isn't it?

Haha..it's unbelievable isn't it, how stupid some people are.

Yep Rhodes despite being 30 yards further up front, completely isolated should turn and pass it forward to... Ermmm.

• Moderation Lead

Dogsh1t. CKR made a huge impact when coming on, Givet has to start Sunday, as does MGP. (Never thought I'd say that!). Right mid is a huge problem, as is centre mid and centre defence.

The one player who worried most Bolton supporters was Pedersson. If he'd had another 20 minutes Blackburn may have taken something from the game.

I disagree - I think the one player that worried them was Etuhu. It was obvious that their game plan was to give him the ball - and then wait for him to pass it back to a Bolton player.

The main problem is lack of movement.

Totally agree - and this is what players like MGP and Lowe bring to the team. Sometimes you don't play the best players to create the best team. Simon is another one that passes and moves - and to be fair to him so does Formica.

The one player who worried most Bolton supporters was Pedersson. If he'd had another 20 minutes Blackburn may have taken something from the game.

Precisely. Its irrelevant how much he gets paid or how he was so much better a few years ago. Fact is he can do a good job at this level, is still our best set piece taker and is the best option for LM at the present time. Also has experience of the Burnley game (and of scoring a great winner) so should definately start for that one.

Who'd have thought Peds and CKR would be our saviours after being quite the opposite just hours before the game last night. If only we still had Orr; he'd be a demigod right now.

Won't comment on the game. it's depressing to think about.

Berg was quick to drop players whom he thought were under-performing so hopefully he'll do the same with the players we have replacements for (Rochina for instance).

I disagree - I think the one player that worried them was Etuhu. It was obvious that their game plan was to give him the ball - and then wait for him to pass it back to a Bolton player.

Totally agree - and this is what players like MGP and Lowe bring to the team. Sometimes you don't play the best players to create the best team. Simon is another one that passes and moves - and to be fair to him so does Formica.

Last night was embarrasing. So embarassing it was almost comical. Etuhu is the worst player I have ever seen in a Rovers shirt. He didin't look like he gave a flying Kean. I'm sure for about 10 mins he didn't even run! It was 61 minutes before he got near someone to make a challenge! He should never play for us again.

At least the likes of Formica, Lowe, Pedersen, Dunn - will put a shift in. Or at least try. And I agree with the posters above - Pedersen has to play against Burnley.

Who'd have thought Peds and CKR would be our saviours after being quite the opposite just hours before the game last night. If only we still had Orr; he'd be a demigod right now.

Thats because people are talking rubbish basically when they blame 1 player for a poor team performance. CKR wasn't rubbish against Watford and Pedersen wasn't rubbish against Palace. Most of the players in both games were below par, but because just 1 guy gets blamed, its assumed that getting him out will make us better.

The same thing is happening with Etuhu right now. If Berg is swayed by public opinion then he'll be dropped, Lowe will probably be just as bad, and in 3-4 games Etuhu will come off the bench and play well, and fans will be once again demanding he start. Its a bizarre pointless merry-go-round of heaping the blame on individual players who don't really deserve it.

The only individual that should be regularly blamed is the manager, the buck stops with him.

This forum is so keaning bipolar it's ridiculous.

You people saying king is a kean player have no clue what you are talking about. Not strong? Laughable. How can you comment on him when you've obviously only seen him play for 90 mins and read his loan stats.

MGP benched. Yeah he's played mostly kean for a long time and took his position for granted. Now he's starting to wake up.

Rochina needs time, I agree he shouldn't start next match though.

Thats because people are talking rubbish basically when they blame 1 player for a poor team performance. CKR wasn't rubbish against Watford and Pedersen wasn't rubbish against Palace. Most of the players in both games were below par, but because just 1 guy gets blamed, its assumed that getting him out will make us better.

The same thing is happening with Etuhu right now. If Berg is swayed by public opinion then he'll be dropped, Lowe will probably be just as bad, and in 3-4 games Etuhu will come off the bench and play well, and fans will be once again demanding he start. Its a bizarre pointless merry-go-round of heaping the blame on individual players who don't really deserve it.

The only individual that should be regularly blamed is the manager, the buck stops with him.

“The only individual that should be regularly blamed is the manager, the buck stops with him"

Under normal circumstances I would agree with this, but with Rovers it isn't NORMAL, over the last 2 years the club has been dismantle from top to bottom!

Under Kean all the best players were sold or released due to contractual payments, all the players brought in have been either on agent recommendations or advisers and are sub standard to the ones moved on.

Not the normal way that it should be done i.e. the manager sees a position could be strengthened looks at the player available and goes out to try and get him.

The current squad is a mishmash of players and it’s like putting square pegs in round hole and the only way to correct this is to, as owners trust and allows the manager to virtually start again and rebuild the squad to something like it was, WILL this be allowed to happen i.e. spending lots of money, not a chance!!!

The blog from the Bog on the Riverside last night suggested that our key problem is that we have five luxury midfield players-three in attacking midfield (Rochina and Formica and King) and two in defensive midfield (Etuhu and Murphy). More energy and basics by two changes out of five there will help us get a foothold on midfiled and win the important battles at Burnley before going onto to play flicks and tricks. Players with gloves on will not be required at the Turf. IMO warriers need to be brought in from somewhere-they are thin on the ground but maybe Simon, CK and definately Givet.

Ruben Rochina is playing in the wrong league and country as he clearly thinks he is a Lionel Messi double after last nights display I hope Barcelona have resigned him as he will never have the attributes to play in the championship also I know its early days but I can't see the point of signing Josh King on loan when we have so many other areas that needed urgent strengthening i.e.centre midfield and defence.

After watching both Bolton and Millwall take rovers to the cleaners in the last two home games I am relieved that I will not be at Turf Moor on Sunday the first time I not been to a Burnley away fixture in almost 50 plus years of supporting the rovers.

How do you improve Murphy when his legs have gone? Rochina is totally unsuited to English football, and have you ever seen a goalkeeper beaten on his near post as often as Robinson? Sadly, quite a number of our players are not good enough. All the successful managers in recent times at Ewood - Lee, Kendall, Kenny, Souness, Hughes, Big Sam, have built sides with players they have brought in to do specific jobs. Berg has to be given the same chance and also has to be given a free hand and not given players that others have bought for him.

Absolutely right in all that Parson. Just one "little" problem..........Does anyone think it's EVER going to happen under the Venkys?

Ruben Rochina is playing in the wrong league and country as he clearly thinks he is a Lionel Messi double after last nights display

Were you on row 6 last night Rossy? The guy next to me said the same thing about Rochina and Formica playing in the wrong country.

I think a lot of folk are utterly frustrated after the last 2 years.

It took an inordinate amount of time, not least, allegedly, due to the Singh / Shaw disagreements, to appoint Berg and we saw very good options slip away.

Not least Freedman, who I strongly advocated, and to a lesser extent Holloway, to name just two.

Instead we got Berg who gave a "brilliant interview" - bit like Nicko's description of Kean as a gem owing to his presser !

We all hoped for a new dawn but unfortunately, not much seems to have changed. As a person, clearly Berg is in a different league to Kean but football wise, IMO, based on what we have seen so far including the signing of King, he is no better than Kean.

The comments on the ground were very interesting last night, certainly where I was sat, and it seems that Berg's very short honeymoon period is well and truly over. Seems likely, again, that Venky's / Singh promised so much but have delivered so little.

Sorry to highlight you Mercer but this is one of the reasons why we Rovers fans have become a laughing stock in the media.

Berg has had a MONTH with the players, signed ONE player- on loan and suddenly he is the same as Kean- who was here for 2 and a bit years and destroyed the club in so many ways. Perhaps we thought Berg has a magic wand and would simply magically turn the club around in a month, a tad unrealistic IMO.

Our club has been systematically destroyed by a number of different factors- Berg is NOT one of them. Lets see what happens hey, Boro are prime example, looked poor under Mowbray but after a year he has turned them around, will it take Berg that long? Well he certainly needs a pre season to get this lot fit. Her certainly needs a transfer window to undo the damage of others.

Lets see where Bolton and Palace end up, as I dont really rate Dougie.

Archived