BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Vs Rovers

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15,000 thousand fans boo at half time....pull the other one.

The gate was 18000 of whom 4.5 k were Bolton , many did not boo at all....we were too shocked and open mouthed at the crap on the pitch

Preston, i wasn't referring to tonights crowd. I plucked 15k in referrence to the booing last season. My point was that despite the good and valid reasoning behind it, it has ultimately caused home matches to be uncomfortable for some of our players imo. It seems some players fear taking responsibility for the ball, demanding possession etc at Ewood where as they are more happy to away from home.

No but the fact is when Pedersen came on we looked a much better team than when Rochina was on

Rochina would be better suited being a sub and coming on the pitch during half time and doing a few tricks, feel he'd be happier that way.

The scary fact is we made 3 subs today and still were left with 5 or 6 players still on who's performance warranted them being hauled off

Like I said Berg needs to be given time but some signs are worrying, bringing Lowe on and leaving Vukcevic on the bench was certainly questionable.

The fact is he inherited an unbalanced, unfit and unmotivated squad BUT has also inherited one if the leagues standout strikers and people with the skills to supply him yet continue to go with a system that means he isn't in the game for most of the match

Totally agree Tom.

Preston, i wasn't referring to tonights crowd. I plucked 15k in referrence to the booing last season. My point was that despite the good and valid reasoning behind it, it has ultimately caused home matches to be uncomfortable for some of our players imo. It seems some players fear taking responsibility for the ball, demanding possession etc at Ewood where as they are more happy to away from home.

No problem, my apologies, just very very angry over tonight and Millwall.

We simply must start playing our best team, at this level MGP is one of our better players. Pedersen creates chances, a vital and obviously missing part in Rhodes game. Givet is a better centre half than Hanley we need to play Givet. Murphy and Etuhu is simply not working, we have seen it all season but these last two games have made it worryingly obvious. The worry when it comes to replacing the central midfielders though is who with!?! I think we forget how poorly Lowe has played when he has to go in midfield and play "football". I'd say if he could keep fit Dunn would be walking into this team.

Maybe we should play with a more attacking mindset, I'd say its clearly obvious we will concede goals all season. The defence looks hopeless, we kept clean sheets with Black but don't forget the opposition missed good chances in those games. Two strikers and delivery from wide with Pedersen and Simon has to be the way forwards, it may leave us short defensively but hell how's that any different to the last few months it may just give us the chance to out score our opponents!!

But how can we be so incapable of breaking down these sides who park the bus yet concede 2 goals in the process? In my opinion, any opposition manager worth his salt will be telling his side to silence the Ewood crowd and watch the tension build. I hoped Murphy would help our younger lads and influx of attacking midfield / in the hole types learn how to protect the ball and keep possession. Sadly it seems all he has managed to do is show the pitfalls of forcing a pass which isn't there. I think most sides realise if they cut out any supply to Rhodes then they will always have opportunities of getting at our fragile back four over 90 minutes. We've a goalkeeper who isn't mobile enough to deal with any long shots, Scott Dann who cannot head a football to save his life and Hanley who thinks thats all a center half needs to do. Stop our jewell in the crown from getting any service and whats left? A squad who are low on confidence and fearful of their own fans. Fans who have been told to expect promotion and re now watching mid table performances at best.

All the fans' fault and 2011-12 all over again ? What a load of tripe.

No problem, my apologies, just very very angry over tonight and Millwall.

No need to apologise mate. If you think you're angry now i really fear for you on Sunday. I'm not sure we have many players who understand its importance and fewer still who have the minerals to really fight for it anyway.

Absolutely pathetic, men against boys.

We were out fought, out thought and out played.

Bolton for 75 minutes were streets ahead of Rovers.

Wee Dougie has done a remarkable job with Bolton - 10 points from 6 unbeaten games. I am a big Freedman fan and tonight, it was evident why.

IMO, Berg just looked like a slimmed down Kean in terms of posture and body language.

A long and difficult road ahead I fear.

Was King playing up front or on the wing? He got slated on the radio. Complete non-performance from him by sounds of things.

He wasn't on his own. This supposedly best squad in the league needs a total clear out. Out of a squad of what - 25 to 30 players, there might be three or four at the most worth keeping.

• Backroom

Shebby out on the pitch at half time for the second game in a row, this time to a chorus of boos

I think he may get a lot of the anger if things don't turn round

He wasn't on his own. This supposedly best squad in the league needs a total clear out. Out of a squad of what - 25 to 30 players, there might be three or four at the most worth keeping.

I'm not sure I can agree with that, Den. I would keep many more. It is certain areas of the team that are either not good enough, not fit enough, or not prepared well enough. This squad IS good enough for promotion, but I don't believe they will achieve it.

What a performance - we made an average Bolton team look like world beaters.

First observation - no idea how he gets away with it - but Kevin Davies is the dirtiest forward I have ever seen in my life - but full credit to him for getting away with it.

I am possibly alone - didn't think Murphy had his worst match until he visibly tired in the last 15 minutes or so. Ethuhu on the other hand was a liability - I am sure I could see Keith Andrews pointing for his team mates to give it to Etuhu.

Rochina - they got their tactics right (possibly helped by the early goal) - and smothered him when he played central. On the left - well we all know he isn't a winger.

King - hmmmm - it is early days but the first 20 minutes he was as bad as Etuhu.

Robbo - actually one of his better matches this season - but surprised he couldn't push the free kick around the post rather than onto it,.

Both full backs did ok - as did Hanley and Dann on the whole.

Formica was our only starting midfield player who did ok.

IMO Lowe and Pedersen made a difference when they came on. Lowe may not be the most gifted but he passes on moves and has reasonable pace(unlike Murphy or Ethuhu).

Not certain where Berg goes from here - personally I would start playing more workman like players - like Lowe and MGP - and somehow we have to get Simon into the starting 11.

• Backroom

Robinson could easily have been man of the match tonight AS.

Not for me not even close

He had a few easy enough saves to make and all of them apart from one that he tipped over he managed to parry right back into the danger zone. His kicking was poor and he flapped at a cross with a pathetic punch instead of catching it.

Not for me not even close

He had a few easy enough saves to make and all of them apart from one that he tipped over he managed to parry right back into the danger zone. His kicking was poor and he flapped at a cross with a pathetic punch instead of catching it.

What about how bad the rest of the team was ? thats why hes up there tonight Tom.

Archived