BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Vs Rovers

Mick rathbone talking a lot of sense on Radio lancs. Saying the squad is easily good enough but they play a poor system that leaves Rhodes isolated and that is up to the coaching staff to sort it out. Says we are tactically poor, can't defend corners and pass it around with no purpose. This is obviously a legacy of Kean but it's Berg job to change it. No real sign of it yet.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why the team is so shyte at home? I bet half the young lads are scared stiff.

I appreciate why all the protests were necessary, but it seems pretty obvious to me that this side don't enjoy playing in front of their own fans. The 10 home goals is proof of this imo. Scoring goals and creating chances is as much about players taking risks and responsibility of the ball than having great pedegree. This lot are scared to express themselves and take possession of the ball at home. We all know why the boos rang out under Kean, we all know why the protests took place. But when 15000 fans boo at half or full time it will affect the players too. The reasons for doing so were valid, but i'm afraid our home form has suffered as a result even with Kean gone.

I know most will overlook the point i'm making and assume this is an attack on the protests etc... But that is not the case. I know i'd have instinctively aimed boos at Kean too. But i also think a lot of that hostility seems to still be hanging over this squad despite it rarely being aimed in their direction. I like Berg but i have to say tht Venky's missed (another) trick by not appointing a good name very quickly after Kean's departure. We readily gave up that new manager 'bounce' which would have improved both league position and fans feelings towards the club. Shame.

Bring in Gomes and start MGP.

Dunno why MGP would ever wanna play for us again after how the fans have treated him.

"He creates and scores goals."

"But he's **** and can't tackle."

"But he creates and scores goals."

"But only cause he takes all the set pieces."

"But he's old and slow, definitely past it."

"But he creates and scores f'ing goals!"

Anyway, I'm sure some fans still have a hilarious theory for how we're doing better without him.

Dunno why MGP would ever wanna play for us again after how the fans have treated him.

"He creates and scores goals."

"But he's **** and can't tackle."

Anyway, I'm sure some fans still have a hilarious theory for how we're doing better without him.

Massive fan of Gamst. Thoroughly professional and, whatever people think, always amongst our creativity. Completely agree with your post.

I appreciate why all the protests were necessary, but it seems pretty obvious to me that this side don't enjoy playing in front of their own fans. The 10 home goals is proof of this imo. Scoring goals and creating chances is as much about players taking risks and responsibility of the ball than having great pedegree. This lot are scared to express themselves and take possession of the ball at home. We all know why the boos rang out under Kean, we all know why the protests took place. But when 15000 fans boo at half or full time it will affect the players too. The reasons for doing so were valid, but i'm afraid our home form has suffered as a result even with Kean

I would say that we are incapable of breaking a team that defends well at Ewood down. Away from home when teams come at us we can find more space in the opponents final third.

Dunno why MGP would ever wanna play for us again

Why don't you just MARRY the guy already?

I wonder why the team is so shyte at home? I bet half the young lads are scared stiff.

I appreciate why all the protests were necessary, but it seems pretty obvious to me that this side don't enjoy playing in front of their own fans. The 10 home goals is proof of this imo. Scoring goals and creating chances is as much about players taking risks and responsibility of the ball than having great pedegree. This lot are scared to express themselves and take possession of the ball at home. We all know why the boos rang out under Kean, we all know why the protests took place. But when 15000 fans boo at half or full time it will affect the players too. The reasons for doing so were valid, but i'm afraid our home form has suffered as a result even with Kean gone.

I know most will overlook the point i'm making and assume this is an attack on the protests etc... But that is not the case. I know i'd have instinctively aimed boos at Kean too. But i also think a lot of that hostility seems to still be hanging over this squad despite it rarely being aimed in their direction. I like Berg but i have to say tht Venky's missed (another) trick by not appointing a good name very quickly after Kean's departure. We readily gave up that new manager 'bounce' which would have improved both league position and fans feelings towards the club. Shame.

15,000 thousand fans boo at half time....pull the other one.

The gate was 18000 of whom 4.5 k were Bolton , many did not boo at all....we were too shocked and open mouthed at the crap on the pitch

Getting this really strong feeling someone else is picking the team.

After slating Venky's last year, why did Berg take the job? Is he just here for the payday? What's going on, get clobbered by Millwall and only one change?

Does anyone have a clue why Givet isn't playing? I don't want to jump the gun but leaving our best centre-back out week after week is scandalous.

I would say that we are incapable of breaking a team that defends well at Ewood down. Away from home when teams come at us we can find more space in the opponents final third.

But how can we be so incapable of breaking down these sides who park the bus yet concede 2 goals in the process? In my opinion, any opposition manager worth his salt will be telling his side to silence the Ewood crowd and watch the tension build. I hoped Murphy would help our younger lads and influx of attacking midfield / in the hole types learn how to protect the ball and keep possession. Sadly it seems all he has managed to do is show the pitfalls of forcing a pass which isn't there. I think most sides realise if they cut out any supply to Rhodes then they will always have opportunities of getting at our fragile back four over 90 minutes. We've a goalkeeper who isn't mobile enough to deal with any long shots, Scott Dann who cannot head a football to save his life and Hanley who thinks thats all a center half needs to do. Stop our jewell in the crown from getting any service and whats left? A squad who are low on confidence and fearful of their own fans. Fans who have been told to expect promotion and re now watching mid table performances at best.

Getting this really strong feeling someone else is picking the team.

After slating Venky's last year, why did Berg take the job? Is he just here for the payday? What's going on, get clobbered by Millwall and only one change?

I don't see anything odd about that, have to keep in mind that we played extremely well in the match before that.

The real problem with this side stems from the centre of midfield, which has been a problem for years. Etuhu and Murphy simply can't control the midfield and do nothing to create attacks and link up with forward players. It should be the first priority in the transfer window and injecting a bit of pace and drive into the centre of the pitch could change everything for us.

• Backroom

I understand what's at stake on Sunday, does that mean I should get a game as well ?

No but the fact is when Pedersen came on we looked a much better team than when Rochina was on

Rochina would be better suited being a sub and coming on the pitch during half time and doing a few tricks, feel he'd be happier that way.

The scary fact is we made 3 subs today and still were left with 5 or 6 players still on who's performance warranted them being hauled off

Like I said Berg needs to be given time but some signs are worrying, bringing Lowe on and leaving Vukcevic on the bench was certainly questionable, it was also clear that Warnock was a bit of a weak link and terrified of anyone running at him yet didn't do anything about it

The fact is he inherited an unbalanced, unfit and unmotivated squad BUT has also inherited one if the leagues standout strikers and people with the skills to supply him yet continue to go with a system that means he isn't in the game for most of the match

Absolutely scandalous that Etuhu and Lowe play before Vukcevic, somethings not right here.

Kept looking at this barrel chested player thinking it was Olssons twin, until he was revealed on substitution as Joshua King of Manchester United, what a bad one. Offered absolutely nothing for the team, which immediately asks questions about Henning Bergs capabilities as a manager (is he a yes man).

Despite Rhodes scoring a goal thought his movement when we are in possession offers nothing for the team.

Henning Berg hand your head in shame.

Tonights team was sent out without any sense of formation or tactics indeed from what I witnessed he sent out a team bereft of ideas, decidedly no passion, no idea, no hope and so lightweight Bolton could hardly have beleived what was on offer in front of them. Berg got it awfully wrong.

The way to win a match is to set up a team that plays to its strength and tht is what BOLTON did.

Play the big man up front, load the midfield and defend as a team. That is the simple way Bolton played and that is why they totally dominated Rovers from the very first ball to the last.

I have to ask just what Colin Hendry is doing in the defensive tactics training because on evidence nothing appears to be working.

Can anyone try and guess tonights formation ? Whatever it was we couldnt have isolated Rhodes any more, in fact Boltons defence didnt have to worry because HB did the job for them.

Playing a team containing Rochina, Formica, Murphy and Ethuhu across the middle is suicide, especially against a team like Bolton. If we can see it then why cant the management ? Its got KEANSCUM written all over it.

Rovers, once they changed formation that was 60 minutes too late, put Bolton on the back foot and lo and behold scored a goal.

On the fayre on show, I am not going to buy a half season ticket, its jus tthe same old dross and there is not a cat ion hells chance that Rovers will challenge for promotion. Its all pie in the sky.

Robinson - not going to comment but he is seriously over weight.

Olsson - has his mind elsewhere but did well ont he well.

Hanley - got better as the game went on.

Dann - steady but I wonder who was at fault for the first goal.

Henley - solid going forward

The whole defence was to blame for goal 2 for standing by and watching.

Etuhu - 6ft 2 cant jump, tackle or run. Why couldnt that canoe have sunk ?

Murphy - shocking game

Rochina - abysmal effort

Formica - furrowed all game

King - too inexperienced

Rhodes - isolated from his own team and scored with his first chance on goal. Needs a supporting player.

CKR - needs to start on Sunday, as does MGP.

Henning its time to come out and apologise.

Archived