BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

What else could putting out statements about racking up the ante against the Board and Venkys if Appleton was appointed be construed as then?

Even to speak for their own "8000" members they would have needed to be contacted by at least 4001 of them as they occasionally claim they only act upon or reflect the thoughts of their own membership

Opinion Polls usually sample about 1%.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really see your point.

So if 80 of the 8000 members expressed an opinion that would be taken as a mandate on behalf of the 7920 who didn't?

Even if those 80 are fully committed season ticket every game people they represent less than 2% of the crowd that turned up for the FA Cup match

Hardly "voice of the people" stuff eh?

With all due respect why are you so bothered? are you a meber of BRAG meadows?

That isn't BRAGs fault that the press get the wrong end of the stick, they speak for members of BRAG simple as that.

The point I am taking from this discussion is that when the press get the wrong end of the stick in inflating the representation of BRAG to the entire fanbase, it's "just one of those things, what can we do? Those press wallahs, eh?". However, when Dan Clough, a regular fan who writes a column, draws the conclusion that 99% of people who read the Appleton press release would draw given its sloppy construction, BRAG goes into meltdown issuing pompous sloppy statements demanding retractions and apologies. The double standard is not lost on people.

So what you're saying is if "BRAG supporters or BRAG members" was inserted you'd not have any issues?

But it wasn't. And that's my point entirely.

Perhaps if BRAG were a professional organisation they would've avoided faux pas such as that, and remained representative of their members rather than making hyperbolic statements regarding the supporter-base.

I don't know, but whenever I think of BRAG I can't help associating them with the EDL.

Can you show me the way to Amarillo...cheers Topman that song has been in my head for hours now.

No need to thank me. :D

Nit picking Gav.

Some people dissect every statement purely to find something to bash BRAG or Glen with.

Pathetic really

So it's suddenly "nitpicking" now that you've been proven wrong?

Perhaps if BRAG were a professional organisation they would've avoided faux pas such as that, and remained representative of their members rather than making hyperbolic statements regarding the supporter-base.

I don't know, but whenever I think of BRAG I can't help associating them with the EDL.

Its early stages Topman, they're learning as they go, so people should cut them some slack.

The reference to EDL is pathetic by the way, you're out of order IMO.

Italian 'ultras' springs to mind

I'd love to know how many out of the 8000 actually attend games ??

And how many actually make decisions ?? Because not one BRAG member I've spoken to has ever been balloted or asked his/her

Advices on any matters since the group's inception.

As for Dan, he's a true blue, loves the club and runs 4000's holes the fanzine, attacking him is sad and ridiculous.

I do wish certain people would stop waving their willy's about.

Italian 'ultras' springs to mind I'd love to know how many out of the 8000 actually attend games ?? And how many actually make decisions ?? Because not one BRAG member I've spoken to has ever been balloted or asked his/her Advices on any matters since the group's inception. As for Dan, he's a true blue, loves the club and runs 4000's holes the fanzine, attacking him is sad and ridiculous. I do wish certain people would stop waving their willy's about.

Every BRAG member is at present being balloted regarding the group supporting the Rovers Trust. With regards to Dan, I'm sure he is a true blue who loves his club. I would hope that all posters on this board fall into that category.

Every BRAG member is at present being balloted regarding the group supporting the Rovers Trust. With regards to Dan, I'm sure he is a true blue who loves his club. I would hope that all posters on this board fall into that category.[/

Every BRAG member is at present being balloted regarding the group supporting the Rovers Trust. With regards to Dan, I'm sure he is a true blue who loves his club. I would hope that all posters on this board fall into that category.

You know what I'm talking about and it has nothing to do with 'proper fans' , as I've previously stated it seems to me a handful of people are making decisions and releasing statements on behalf of 8000 people, many who have no idea that this is happening.

As for the Trust, I find it strange that BRAG are insisting that this issue goes to ballot when every other decision thats already been made has not ??

To be honest I'm fed up with the lot of it.

No need to thank me. :D

So it's suddenly "nitpicking" now that you've been proven wrong?

Edl ? Elaborate please.

The fact is I you say "fans" rather than "brag members" the press will take it to mean the majority of the fan base and why shouldn't they? You want to be taken seriously and only represent your members then you have to clearly state your intentions and who you represent. Call it nit picking or whatever but that's how a professional organisation works. The press statements are sloppy at best and really need someone who knows what they're writing and how to word it or it won't be taken as you mean it it'll be taken as its written.

Tbh the whole thing is beyond a joke and is causing as much friction as the owners these days.

If the vote is a positive to support the trust, won't this bring Glen and Wayne back closer together again? I try to avoid posting on any group related threads, but, I can't help thinking there's something else being played out, but I can't put my finger on it!!

maybe a group should be set up for those who arent backing BRAG but simply would like their side listened to every time BRAG release something. The group could have its members send in their thoughts and a generalisation of all those thoughts are put out their to counter act the BRAG's releases. It could be called something like Fans who arent a member a the BRAG Group but would like to be heard or something maybe a bit shorter and catchy but I think you know what I am getting at?

The group could simpy be called 'rovers fans in general' or 'The Majority'

Only joshing of course, the last thing we need is another group.

The group could simply be called 'rovers fans in general or 'The Majority'

Onpy joshin of course, the lasy thing we need is another group.

In which case, what is the need for a group?

We're all Rovers fans, so why the need for little groups?

It's like being back at school with people in gangs and cliques.

Edl ? Elaborate please.

Football background turned political party, run by amateurs, some valid points undermined by their agenda, and exploiting tensions of society at the club for their own advantage.

• Backroom

Re aggyblue and gav:

This nitpicking you refer to is the criticism that every organised group gets when it gets basic functions wrong!

They make sweeping statements on the basis of their 80 batmen that email in the night and then claim they represent all fans. Their use of the word 'fans' and not 'BRAG members' is proof of this; whether its a mistake or not is irrelevant and they should be lambasted as such. Ditto for their poor grammar. Even the EDL uses correct English for feck's sake!

As noted, they are a group of blokes down the pub and nothing more. What they incorrectly proclaim should hold no more weight than the opinion of anyone on here or the pathetic LET comments section.

They have served their purpose and should stop putting out statements on my behalf. If I want my opinion to be heard, I'll write to Andy Cryer. Right now I'd trust most tramps to make my opinion heard in a better manner than BRAG manage.

Stop knee-jerking (brag, not gav and aggy). It'd be nice to see Appleton succeed, not only fot Rovers' benefit, but to see BRAG put firmly in their place. Rather appropriately, 'brag' is all they seem to do these days. It seems only their opinion matters rather than that of Blackburn fans in general.

Re aggyblue and gav:

This nitpicking you refer to is the criticism that every organised group gets when it gets basic functions wrong!

They make sweeping statements on the basis of their 80 batmen that email in the night and then claim they represent all fans. Their use of the word 'fans' and not 'BRAG members' is proof of this; whether its a mistake or not is irrelevant and they should be lambasted as such. Ditto for their poor grammar. Even the EDL uses correct English for feck's sake!

As noted, they are a group of blokes down the pub and nothing more. What they incorrectly proclaim should hold no more weight than the opinion of anyone on here or the pathetic LET comments section.

They have served their purpose and should stop putting out statements on my behalf. If I want my opinion to be heard, I'll write to Andy Cryer. Right now I'd trust most tramps to make my opinion heard in a better manner than BRAG manage.

Stop knee-jerking (brag, not gav and aggy). It'd be nice to see Appleton succeed, not only fot Rovers' benefit, but to see BRAG put firmly in their place. Rather appropriately, 'brag' is all they seem to do these days. It seems only their opinion matters rather than that of Blackburn fans in general.

Another reference to EDL, I wonder how long it'll take for the site to take this as fact, that indeed BRAG are actually the EDL.....

You've clearly go an agenda Mike, as do several others that posters on the this thread and who follow BRAG members around the site, and no amount of arguing one way of another will change that, but.....

If you feel that BRAG misrepresents the supporters, like yourself, its never claimed to support, why not join up and help them out? I'm sure you'd be welcomed onboard and could help them progress into the professional outfit you so crave, now there's a thought!

You just don't get it Gav do you that the vast majority of Rovers fans have no wish to be part of an organisation whose head honchos have proved themselves time and time again to be unsuited to any kind of public office, amateurish and incompetent?

Most fans are happy to make their own voice heard as and when necessary/appropriate - see what kind of reception the Raos/Desais get this weekend if they turn up & that won't be on account of any hectoring or cajoling on BRAG's part & it won't be because people do or don't approve of Appleton's appointment or the process which led to it

+1

I don't see what is difficult to comprehend about the above...

Archived