BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Glen resigned, if BRAG folded, could someone please tell me how we Rovers fans would be better off?

Venkys would still be here, the Agnew/Shaw v Shabby circus would continue, fans would still be falling out because of the mess we are in, etc etc. Time to concentrate on Venkys people say but you need organisation and commitment for that.

Who would provide it?

If BRAG folded, the idiots would have to get their jollies somewhere else. That's the truth of it.

Don't think anybody wants BRAG to fold, just to get there priorities in order and find a more professional leader/main spokesperson(or whatever GM actually is), but in reality though we all know that brag only has about a dozen active members so its really become a bit of a joke anyway.

BRAG played no part in Kean leaving that's for sure, if anything they inadvertently kept there longer because of all the sympathy Kean gained due to the protest marches,etc..., dreadful attendances this season along with sighs interfering are what put serious pressure on Kean to walk.

bottom line is though brag/GM are currently nothing more than an irritant to most fans in general(apart from the small few who come on here just to try and defend them)

I respect that folk stuck their neck on the lines to organise protests although spontaneous protests are always better. I also believe the best protest is to not turn up at all. The only thing these money men understand whether they are in Pune or Lancashire is profit. When Kean was in charge if games had been totally boycotted we would have got rid of him a lot lot sooner.

The fall out from the sorry debacle was we were left with BRAG who did not know what to do with themselves. Now if they were just a supporters group organising coach travel, charity events etc then thats great. However, they claim to be an action group and as others have already stated I am sick and tired of reading on the internet, the papers, and seeing on TV that " Rover`s fans said.....". No we didn`t. Glen did. Maybe if they made it clear that their views were that of the group and not the majority of fans attending Ewood it would work but the press would never play along anyway. As for the boast about the size of their membership, correct me if I`m wrong but does not just signing up for their messageboard forum count you as a member? If that was the case for this site then I`m sure the numbers would be much higher.

As for Glen himself, I do not know him. I`m sure he thinks he is doing the right thing but he really should not keep on stating things as fact only for them to not happen soon after. An example being the manager would be appointed after Forest......a manager will be appointed after City....... This happens far to often and only proves he is either being completely played ( which I believe the whole group is ) and that he believes every word he is told. He is obviously an inexperienced chap in relation to the people he is dealing with and it shows. To make grand statements like he would resign if the manager was not experienced was just not necessary and I don`t know what he was trying to prove there. The fact he then claimed the new manager was experienced was just nonsense and pure desperation.

Personally, I don`t care if he stays or not, writes or book or not !?!

I just do not want this group representing me which unfortunately the media think they do.

For the record, My protest is not to attend. I`ve seen us once home and away since the chicken farmers arrived and I can not see that changing soon. Not only is my passion for the club dwindling, it is for the sport of football now.

AlanK- Very good point you make saying they should just become a regular supporters group as the things they are organising at ground level are very good and helpful to a lot of people(cheaper away travel, various charitable & family activities, all good), its the big issues where they have just become a silly and extremely/unhealthily biased towards Shebby Singhs wishes/agendas.

• Backroom
Comments like that are the exact reason I have said nothing on the subject even although NDA is over.

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't seems to be the way of the board

I thought it was because you didn't actually go? I swear that was proven in the thread, though I apologise if that's wrong. I just seem to remember you posted a picture as proof that was actually off google.

Comments like that are the exact reason I have said nothing on the subject even although NDA is over.

And here I thought you were honing your Photoshop skills. ;)

If the NDA is over, could you share your experience? Perhaps you could do a blog on what happened, and why you needed to use Google to help people visualise the departure lounge you were sat in.

What you did was pretty remarkable and deserves some credit.

Ignore Topman he thinks there are only two uses for the Internet. One being BRFCS.

We can't all be as trusting as you, Stewie.

Here's your receipt for those magic beans, btw.

C'mon Toppers. I bet you wouldn't have jumped on a plane, headed to Qatar from Bangkok on the back of a hope and a prayer, napsack over your shoulder and a dream in his heart. It's not BKR's fault he couldn't use his camera and had to resort to using airport wifi, a smartphone and Google.

He went and met with those Qataris on his own coin. It's not his fault he was made to sign an NDA binding him not to talk for 12 months and, true to his word, kept quiet on the whole matter!!!!

Now that the NDA has expired he should be allowed to tell his story, free from ridicule from thick necked cynics like you!!!!!

:angry:

C'mon Toppers. I bet you wouldn't have jumped on a plane, headed to Qatar from Bangkok on the back of a hope and a prayer, napsack over your shoulder and a dream in his heart. It's not BKR's fault he couldn't use his camera and had to resort to using airport wifi, a smartphone and Google.

He went and met with those Qataris on his own coin. It's not his fault he was made to sign an NDA binding him not to talk for 12 months and, true to his word, kept quiet on the whole matter!!!!

Now that the NDA has expired he should be allowed to tell his story, free from ridicule from thick necked cynics like you!!!!!

:angry:

Not sure if serious or possessed by the ghost of chaddy.

Looks like young Mr Clough has incurred the wrath of BRAG:

http://www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk/committee-statement/

Will be interesting to see how LT react.

Does anyone know where they now stand following their press release, just prior to Appleton's appointment, which now seems to have been withdrawn.

I thought Dan Clough, not someone who I normally agree with, made a pretty decent point here. Whatever you might think of the appointment of Appleton the guy deserves to be given a chance to prove what he can do. I seem to recall the Action Group talking about breaking off communication with the club if Appleton was appointed or has that statement been withdrawn now? I have to agree with meadows I think many fans now see BRAG as part of the problem rather than the solution. Fans I talk too see them as nothing more than a joke but then, the fans I talk to aren't part of Shebby's little gang of followers.

Just a pathetic tawdry bedraggled bunch of dregs now, you are, BRAG

You would think after last week you'd have taken a step back and said, we've pretty much made complete txxts of ourselves this week, let's stay out of the limelight for a few days and let Appleton/results/matters at Ewood take their course

But no, no chance to hammer home your firmly-established reputation as a barely literate bunch of empty headed Desperadoes is too good to miss eh?

Do one, boys, everyone bar your mythical 8000 nocturnal email senders regards you as a joke and we're heartily sick of your vacant posturing

100% spot on.

BRAG apparently want to bring "unity to the community" - can't you see you've done the exact opposite?! Yet still you continue, desperate for more and more publicity.

If they were Dingles we'd be pissing ourselves.

A little bit like people seen to constantly do on this site, Dan has clearly made a statement and attributed it to the Action Group which isn't true, I don't see any reason why the action group shouldn't ask for a retraction:

In this blog Dan Clough states “I thought it was a bit unfair of the Action Group to threaten protest action over the appointment. Let’s at least give him a game eh?”

The group has today written to the Lancashire Telegraph and to Dan Clough asking for this statement to not only be removed but an apology made forthwith for the comments.

Never at one point over the last 8 months has the BRFC Action Group stated it intends to protest.

Nothing wrong in that surely?

Archived