BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

A little bit like people seen to constantly do on this site, Dan has clearly made a statement and attributed it to the Action Group which isn't true, I don't see any reason why the action group shouldn't ask for a retraction:

In this blog Dan Clough states “I thought it was a bit unfair of the Action Group to threaten protest action over the appointment. Let’s at least give him a game eh?”

The group has today written to the Lancashire Telegraph and to Dan Clough asking for this statement to not only be removed but an apology made forthwith for the comments.

Never at one point over the last 8 months has the BRFC Action Group stated it intends to protest.

Nothing wrong in that surely?

What is threatening to cut off communication if its not a form of protest.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Dan Clough, not someone who I normally agree with, made a pretty decent point here. Whatever you might think of the appointment of Appleton the guy deserves to be given a chance to prove what he can do. I seem to recall the Action Group talking about breaking off communication with the club if Appleton was appointed or has that statement been withdrawn now? I have to agree with meadows I think many fans now see BRAG as part of the problem rather than the solution. Fans I talk too see them as nothing more than a joke but then, the fans I talk to aren't part of Shebby's little gang of followers.

Out of the people I go with and sit amongst, all the Rovers fans I know at work (I work at one of the areas largest employers) and Rovers fans who I know generally I don't know anybody who is a member of BRAG apart from the ones who post on here.

What is threatening to cut off communication if its not a form of protest.

Maybe I should have read the press release in full, I was taking protest to mean direct action, not refusing the speak to the club!

• Backroom

They continue to show themselves up! The words @#/?-up and brewery come to mind. Shame after all their work last season, too.

There are 2 points here; the first was made by SteB so no need for me to repeat that.

The second point: the brag statement (withdrawn now?) states 'action against venkys' in the context of appointing Appleton. That = protest against Appleton, surely?

Re: the statement withdrawal (as I can't find it, but please set me right if I'm mistaken in that belief) is no better than that racist little toerag who deleted his previously provocative tweets.

On the bright side, slight grammar improvement guys, well done :P

I thought Dan Clough, not someone who I normally agree with, made a pretty decent point here. Whatever you might think of the appointment of Appleton the guy deserves to be given a chance to prove what he can do. I seem to recall the Action Group talking about breaking off communication with the club if Appleton was appointed or has that statement been withdrawn now? I have to agree with meadows I think many fans now see BRAG as part of the problem rather than the solution. Fans I talk too see them as nothing more than a joke but then, the fans I talk to aren't part of Shebby's little gang of followers.

Totally agree. Interestingly I have not heard of anybody being threatened with legal action or even smeared by either the FF, Ewood Blues, Rovers Trust - that speaks for itself in my view.

Not even an attempt at an answer! Must do better!

You're not going to concede BRAG ever did anything useful are you Ricky?

Dozens of posts from you knocking them.

Have you not read posts where Ricky has said that brag have done some good things. Or do you miss them on purpose.

I have a lot of time for what BRAG have done - but IMO their last two statements (about Appleton's appointment and now Dan) are out of order. They talk of "divides in the clubs supporter base" - but their last two statements have done exactly that. Somebody somewhere appears a little trigger happy with these statements - maybe they should sleep on them before issuing ?

I suppose it got everyone talking about BRAG again so mission accomplished. Also why should the blog been withdrawn and an apology made? I don't believe Dan stated what sort of protest he believed you'd take and cutting off communication as someone stated previously is a form of protest which you clearly threatened to do in your previous statement.

I won't comment too much on this but the reason we have issued a statement is , when people think of protest they think of supporters with banners marching down the street .

The last press release which went out has caused quite a bit of confusion as media outlets did cherry pick a few lines , which in turn gave the wrong message .

With all press releases there is a notes for editor section.

The course of action was clear in the full press release that the owners appear to not be learning from previous mistakes , whilst they don't listen to anyone .

We stated which I can state we have done , would be making further contact with the footballing authorities and providing new evidence whilst also chasing up where they are upto with the previous submitted evidence . All media outlets have not printed this , as it was notes. However slating the group for protest which we have never mentioned and the word never appears in the press release is our issue . Already people think we are going to protest on Saturday when this is not true . So it just puts an even bigger divide into people's minds .

As a group false statements or statements which are misleading does not only effect us , but also the groups partners . Many of these are businesses or large charities . Sure people will argue with this post , as it's become the norm, but felt I should explain today's statement which was advised by the groups legal team following 2 key partners of the group contacting me first thing this morning

I'm confused. Are you stepping up your campaign against the owners or not? If so you are protesting in that you are objecting against them. Dan never said you would be screaming the stand down, he said why protest after appointment of appleton - protests come in many forms.

Why also is the original press release not on your site any more and there were no editors notes on that either.

Just admit you got it wrong.

I'm confused. Are you stepping up your campaign against the owners or not? If so you are protesting in that you are objecting against them. Dan never said you would be screaming the stand down, he said why protest after appointment of appleton - protests come in many forms.

Why also is the original press release not on your site any more and there were no editors notes on that either.

Just admit you got it wrong.

The press statement was never on our site , and the action is as stated above RE the authorities.

Glen, it would do the group a world of good just to admit its failings on occasion. Even the tories manage it sometimes.

We make loads of mistakes daily in fact . The last press release was certainly not the groups finest hour as it has caused confusion and unnessacary fall out from it .

We are still learning and this group lark does not come natural to us . We have no blue print to follow as I think Venkys are unique in being the ultimate when it comes to poor ownership and decision making .

We will make many more mistakes , but we do care so much about the clubs future and sometimes emotion , knock backs , failed efforts brings about annoyance more than anything . It's also difficult to post anything anywhere like the good old days without being shot . I just long for the day they lift up the anchor and disappear for good

Archived