BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My mother in law has never been to a football match and has no idea who BRAG are. She only wanted Bruno's autograph for my two kids when he was at their stall in the market. Two weeks ago she received a membership pack! So how many are actual participating members??

That's actually tickled me, funniest thing I've read in ages.

VENKY'S ARE KILLING ONE OF THE OLDEST FOOTBALL CLUBS IN THE WORLD. ONE OF THE ORIGINAL FOUNDERS OF THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE AND AN ORIGINAL FOUNDER OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE,THE WORLDS MOST POPULAR LEAGUE. IN 2 YEARS THE CURRENT OWNERS HAVE STEADILY DISMANTLED THE STRUCTURE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL'TOWN' CLUB IN BRITISH FOOTBALL.

With thanks to Exiled in Toronto.

Sorry for shouting....over to the Action Group(of which I am a member,as well as a Pledger to the Trust,and SeasonTicket holder)

• Backroom
If people genuinely want something to disappear the easiest way is not to talk about it .

So if I stop raising the issue of your group's poor grammar, will it magically be perfect? ;)

Interesting how so few of the members on here actually post on this thread and how it is dominated in the main by the same people.

What is also interesting is how many people claim that BRAG are now a busted flush, a laughing stock that no-one listens to, a total waste of time.....but still feel the need to comment at length frequently to that effect, often very critically. If no-one is listening to them, why do these people care about them so much? Sitting their critically pointing fingers, they forget three fingers are pointing straight back at them.

In a nutshell, many of the Rovers fans I know do not give a monkey's about the actions of BRAG. They see them for what they are; normal Rovers fans trying to foster change and make a difference, but without the industry specific experience and expertise that enables them to convey their views professionally to a cynical media. As a result, they have been made to look foolish and reactionary way too often.

The fans I know do not think that they speak on behalf of all of Rovers fans, why should they as they are not members of the group? No-one speaks for me and I care little if other fans bracket or judge me in anyway based on the words or actions of our fans, or any group involved.

Personally speaking, I think the group certainly helped in highlighting the failings of Kean, but then (somewhat understandably as they needed their sources) became embroiled in the politics behind the scenes to the detriment of their group and its focus / direction. They need to ask themselves who hired Kean, as he was only ever part of the problem as most fans knew very early in the Venky's reign. The answer should direct them for the future, if there is one for this group.

For me, I don't see how the group can re-invent itself now, nor what its motives or reasons for continued involvement would be. There is continued talk of a seeing this through to the end; justice will be sought; it is a matter of time before it comes to a head; etc etc. My take is that they have done what they set out to do, have raised the profile of the problems faced at the club to a much wider audience and now should take a step back and remember they are just normal fans, who tried very hard, but ultimately there was only so much that could be achieved anyway.

Unfortunately, and again somewhat understandably, people like being the centre of attention. Catapulted quickly into the limelight by the watching media, given un-heard of behind the scenes access at a football club, cosying up to key personel within the said club, with numerous media outlets wanting the latest soundbite on a daily basis, then it has become clear that some have enjoyed being the centre of attention very much and you have to wonder, can they ever return to just being an ordinary fan again? I have my doubts and that is the challenge ahead for some.

Those that sit around, criticising everything with disdain, with no intention of ever helping or doing anything also amuse. The apathy of our fans has been a problem since day one. Talking the talk is way different than walking the walk and if they have nothing positive to contribute at anytime then perhaps they also should evaluate their own stance as being fair and giving credit where it is due would be far more productive than continued childish bickering about inconsequential irrelevances and nonsense.

I remain a member of the group that brought us together. The supporters of Blackburn Rovers. It used to be a great group and I was very proud to belong. Fingers crossed I get that feeling back one day.

• Backroom

Assuming I'm one of those you're talking about, its more borne out of frustration than anything. BRAG are the closest we have to a group that can help the fans imo.

The trouble is, not only do they knacker it up, they appear to be ignoring efforts to help them, such Ricky's proof-reading offer. The make sweeping statements because of a single night of emails. It's a lot of knee-jerking.

I haven't meant that no-one listens to them. The issue is that many in the media do listen to them, when much of what they say has little/no basis. The demand of an apology from dan clough for interpreting their statement the way most on here did was laughable.

If they listened to the constructive points made on here, they could be a very useful and credible group. But they seem to either ignore it entirely, attempt to mock it or whinge that they're being wrongly chastised. They are not. They just have to listen, adapt and improve. Unfortunately the valid points made on here get lost amongst the ultra-defensive posts and so BRAG continue to limp on, rather than improve.

Assuming I'm one of those you're talking about, its more borne out of frustration than anything. BRAG are the closest we have to a group that can help the fans imo.

The trouble is, not only do they knacker it up, they appear to be ignoring efforts to help them, such Ricky's proof-reading offer. The make sweeping statements because of a single night of emails. It's a lot of knee-jerking.

I haven't meant that no-one listens to them. The issue is that many in the media do listen to them, when much of what they say has little/no basis. The demand of an apology from dan clough for interpreting their statement the way most on here did was laughable.

If they listened to the constructive points made on here, they could be a very useful and credible group. But they seem to either ignore it entirely, attempt to mock it or whinge that they're being wrongly chastised. They are not. They just have to listen, adapt and improve. Unfortunately the valid points made on here get lost amongst the ultra-defensive posts and so BRAG continue to limp on, rather than improve.

I like what you did there lol.....intentional irony or just knackered it up lol

Made me laugh either way :P

We do listen and take on board mike, and yes we have and will make mistakes. Some of the posts though are trolling and aimed to provoke a reaction, which to be honest doesn't help.

"If they listened to the constructive points made on here" they' d have to wade through all the destructive comments first, day after day after day. They should ignore their non-members and get on with it.

• Backroom
"If they listened to the constructive points made on here" they' d have to wade through all the destructive comments first, day after day after day. They should ignore their non-members and get on with it.

Or they could just listen to me ;) Touche on the mis-spelling though haha.

Point taken pk, but it'd be nice to see some evidence of this. Maybe no statement put out for a little while and when there IS a statement, have a statistically valid sample from which to infer and/or proof-read. I really do wish the group well and hope my criticisms aren't personally offending as they aren't intended that way. I hope the group can build on the foundations it laid last season.

I can personally accept criticisms and genuine constructive advice, some of the stuff thrown our way (by a very few) leaves me bewildered at times. At the end of the day we are fellow fans trying to do something, people may not like us as individuals or the way we do things, but for fellow fans to question our motives is disappointing.

I completely agree. In fact I don't know whey they keep posting about BRAG on here as their mandate is to only listen to their members anyway

• 2 weeks later...

BRAG Website "aims of BRAG" - http://www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk/about-brfc-action-group/

We aim to MAINTAIN a SUSTAINABLE communication line directly with the club and the board of directors to ensure our voice is heard

BRAG Press release January 2013 (relating to Michael Appleton) -

Shall this appointment be made the BRFC Action Group WILL END ALL COMMUNICATION with the clubs board of directors.

Which of these statements now stands?

BRAG have delayed taking a view on Rovers Trust for 3 months now, because they never do anything without the permission and say-so of the 8,000 members. How many of the 8,000 members gave the green light for the new flagship campaign?

In my opinion this was their finest hour and their best statement.

The Blackburn Rovers Action Group have outlined their continued stance against the owners of the football club in a new statement designed to put pressure on their reign.

Rovers now sit in 19th in the table with a three point gap separating them from safety which added to the 18 month long shambles that Venky's have overseen has left the group with little option but to ask for an out pour of unhappiness from the fans against the owners and as a result manager Steve Kean.

Here is the statement in full...

For the majority of the season protests have become the norm at Ewood Park as supporters of Blackburn Rovers have voiced their concerns over the direction of the football club that they have supported unconditionally throughout their lives. Throughout this time the club have manipulated the media by strategically implementing a smear campaign against its own supporters by painting Steve Kean as the victim.

Steve Kean has been portrayed the victim in the world`s media and it is time to ask where the sympathy is for the supporters who live and breath this club? For seven long and painful months the supporters have voiced their fears and during this time managers of other clubs and sections of the media have criticised these supporters without understanding their concerns and reasons for protests.

Steve Kean has made some outrageous statements and pledges throughout the current season. In June 2011 following the sale of Phil Jones he claimed "Phil wanted to play Champions League football now. We`re not there yet but I`m sure we will be in the next three or four seasons." On the 16th November 2011 he said "I don`t look at this season in terms of trying to salvage something from it and I think we have a good enough squad to be in the top 10." Ahead of our trip to Wigan in the same month he stated "We won`t get relegated, absolutely no chance."

It was obvious to most people at the time of these quotes that they where outrageous statements to make, however it is now a clear indication that Steve Kean has fallen short of what is expected by both the supporters of the club and himself.

Despite making these claims, the reality of the situation is the complete opposite. Steve Kean`s Premier League record consists of a paltry 12 wins from 54 games. Blackburn Rovers have been hurtling towards relegation since the day he took charge 16 months ago and if this club goes down the reason will be Steve Kean coupled with the owner`s ignorance to the situation, yet the supporters who foresaw this conclusion were ridiculed.

Tuesday saw the first visit of Venkatesh and Balaji Rao since the 19th November 2011. A whole 144 days and 21 league games have passed us by during this period of time in which we have sold our team captain and given away our club captain, we have broken the record for the most consecutive games without a clean sheet in the Premier League since the start of the season, the supporters have been blamed live on television for the club`s form by the managers agent, the manager admitted he "forfeited" a cup quarter final, the club posted record annual losses up almost 1000% on the previous year and the manager was rewarded with a new contract as a bonus for his record of 6 wins in 33 league matches.

During Venkys 5 month absence and continued silence, the board of Blackburn Rovers have made no attempt to open constructive dialogue with the protest group.

Despite numerous attempts by the supporters to discuss their concerns around a table, the Board of Directors have reneged on all agreements put in place and have refused to hold open meetings with the group, despite the Deputy Chief Executive Paul Hunt claiming live on local radio that he would hold a full minuted meeting with the protest group, something he later contradicted via a publication on the clubs official website.

The supporters feel helpless whilst the manager is failing in his job, the owners are missing and the board of directors are refusing to communicate openly with the clubs concerned supporters. The biggest form of protest will take place over the summer when large sections of supporters refuse to renew their season tickets, with the latest estimation on the early bird renewals standing at less than 2,000 to date.

Prior to the forthcoming home match against Norwich City on Saturday 21st March 2012 sections of Blackburn Rovers supporters will hold a 'community march` from Blackburn town centre to Ewood Park and this march will call for the removal of manager Steve Kean, the board of directors and for Venkys to sell the club.

This season has seen a reduction in attendances, as between 2500-3000 supporters have opted to protest with their feet and stop attending home games and these supporters are urged to join in the community march to show their feelings towards the utter disregard the club has treat them with.

"It is with no alternative that we must yet again step up our protests against the owners, the manager and the board of directors of Blackburn Rovers football club. These protests will now run indefinitely until these 3 elements are removed from Blackburn Rovers football club.

Since the takeover from the Walker Trust in November 2010 we have been failing at an alarming rate both on and off the pitch. We feel that we have a duty to the badge which we have supported unconditionally throughout our lives as Blackburn Rovers supporters and our concerns run a lot deeper than fear of relegation. This is about the very future of our football club and what it means to the town of Blackburn.

Venkys have dismantled an experienced network of football administration and replaced it with an inexperienced board which still lacks the presence of both a chairman and a chief executive. They have dismantled an experienced premiership playing squad, selling or giving away players whom have amassed 600 Premier League games between them, in January alone. Upon their takeover they very quickly replaced a vastly experienced manager with a total novice and have retained him despite his abysmal record.

During this time the club has posted record financial losses and plummeted down the Premier League table without showing any signs of improvement. The manager has portrayed the people of Blackburn out to be thugs who have put his personal safety at danger whilst the board of directors have strategically divided supporters and the owners have shown neglect to both the supporters and the towns community.

Both Blackburn Rovers and the town of Blackburn deserves better, therefore it is intended that a Blackburn Rovers community march will take place prior to the next home game which will carry the message 'Blackburn wants it`s Rovers back`

We urge all supporters and the public of Blackburn to come together as a community to show our disgust at the utter contempt these people have shown to our town`s traditions and heritage, together with the recklessness shown to our town`s football club."

Read more: http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=279212#ixzz1t5Y1AwjU

In my opinion this was their finest hour and their best statement.

That's not a press statement - that's an internet rant. It's 1190 words FFS.

Look at the current top stories on the Guardian and Telegraph websites. 855 and 859 words respectively - for the entire articles, and they are articles about life and death, not the fortunes of a football club. The tabloids won't even stretch stories beyond half that number of words.

So it beggers belief to read this sort of comment from Glen Mullan -- http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/28091-brfc-action-group/?p=1366417

"The last press release which went out has caused quite a bit of confusion as media outlets did cherry pick a few lines , which in turn gave the wrong message".

Press statements which are longer than a couple of short, precise paragraphs will be cherry picked.

BRAG have been spouting to the press for at least two years now, and Glen Mullan is listed as their Chairman AND Press Officer, so if they can't get a concise and accurate message out via the press then there really isn't anyone else to blame.

That's not a press statement - that's an internet rant. It's 1190 words FFS.

Look at the current top stories on the Guardian and Telegraph websites. 855 and 859 words respectively - for the entire articles, and they are articles about life and death, not the fortunes of a football club. The tabloids won't even stretch stories beyond half that number of words.

So it beggers belief to read this sort of comment from Glen Mullan -- http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/28091-brfc-action-group/?p=1366417

"The last press release which went out has caused quite a bit of confusion as media outlets did cherry pick a few lines , which in turn gave the wrong message".

Press statements which are longer than a couple of short, precise paragraphs will be cherry picked.

BRAG have been spouting to the press for at least two years now, and Glen Mullan is listed as their Chairman AND Press Officer, so if they can't get a concise and accurate message out via the press then there really isn't anyone else to blame.

60 post and nearly everyone of them about the action group or its members.

• Backroom
I've been on here for ten years plus and I think you're a phoney and have done since you started this charade.

I only cottoned on to this after the Appleton statement debacle. Don't expect me to agree with you on much else though :D

BRAG Website "aims of BRAG" - http://www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk/about-brfc-action-group/

We aim to MAINTAIN a SUSTAINABLE communication line directly with the club and the board of directors to ensure our voice is heard

BRAG Press release January 2013 (relating to Michael Appleton) -

Shall this appointment be made the BRFC Action Group WILL END ALL COMMUNICATION with the clubs board of directors.

Which of these statements now stands?

BRAG have delayed taking a view on Rovers Trust for 3 months now, because they never do anything without the permission and say-so of the 8,000 members. How many of the 8,000 members gave the green light for the new flagship campaign?

Who the hell do these people think they are, what kind of power trip are they on.

Who the hell do these people think they are, what kind of power trip are they on.

Blind leading the blind....mullan was supposed to have resigned by now but couldn't bring himself to let go...the press have tarred all the fans with the same brush.

I only cottoned on to this after the Appleton statement debacle. Don't expect me to agree with you on much else though :D

;)

Archived