BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

What am I doing gav? I'm working during the week, spending time with my family, and supporting rovers at the wkend. Yes, we are owned by idiots. What has mullens screaming and shouting done? Seriously? That so called dossier was clearly utterly useless.

What do you want me to do?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Its easy to criticize whist sat in your bedroom with your Christmas pyjamas on, what exactly are you doing to get rid of these bloody idiots destroying out club?

Right now, I'm doing as much as brag to get venkys out of the club. And I'm sat with the dog (pet, not gf) sat on my lap while I read David Mitchell's book, while occasionally glancing up at the chick flick the gf has decided to watch.

In fact I've done more tonight than brag have this season, judging by their meetings at Ewood with the club's hierarchy :P

Right now, I'm doing as much as brag to get venkys out of the club. And I'm sat with the dog (pet, not gf) sat on my lap while I read David Mitchell's book, while occasionally glancing up at the chick flick the gf has decided to watch.

In fact I've done more tonight than brag have this season, judging by their meetings at Ewood with the club's hierarchy :P

Cloud Atlas?

The sad fact;

The Rao's ineptitude in running the club is only reason why these groups get a platform for their press releases. The (bordering on criminally suspicious)running of the club has given Blackburn Rovers a newsworthy profile for the wrong reasons, and it is furthered sullied by rifts between directors on the board, "respected" journalists sharing rumours, Shebby Singh opening his mouth and finally, outlandish-sweeping-statement

-making-fan-dividing groups started to come up with a solution to our problems.

I feel for the guys trying, banging their heads against walls - and I don't have a solution bar a complete boycott.

Even a complete boycott won't help the situation.

Sure, it'll make headlines and will hit Venky's in the pocket a bit, but we cannot force the owners out of our club.

It's their club, they legally own it.

And until they decide to sell (and find a buyer), they'll be here.

Threats of protests and boycotts are insignificant.

I`m staying home Gav. They are not having a penny off me. Not for admission, raffle tickets, merchandise, food, drink, program. Nothing. If we all did the same they would soon bugger off.

Fully understand folks have a choice to boycott. But match day income does not go to venkys. It goes to the running of the club. It is not venkys who get affected by the boycott. But staff that run the club. from the cleaner to those in the board room. It goes to paying the players the coaches etc. Rovers are not a club where they are making a load of profit. Money that comes into the club is what helps the club keep going.

If folk want to boycott that is their choice. But lets not pretend it affects venkys in anyway. If anything it aids the venkys in the destruction of the club. All venkys are getting out of ths club is publicity as it aids their other business profiles.

Yet a boycott maybe the only way fans can voice their anger. What those who are boycotting could do instead - especially if venkys are coming v Charlton. Is stand outside the JW or BBE and chant venkys out. Venkys have to come in and come out of the ground at sometime during saturday, let them know how you feel then.

Am I missing something. Let me know if I am

Everyone wanted an experienced manager

Everyone was perplexed as to why we appointed a novice with a chequered record and bitched about it. Some though unhappy have been whipped into submission and decided to begrudgingly accept whatever dross Venkys put before them.

Everyone moans about the owners and would love to see the back of them

BRAG release a statement saying they have had enough of the charade at Ewood and would be pressing for Venkys to beggar off

Fans lie on the floor kicking and squeeeeeeming because BRAG responded to all the fan complaints and are going to attempt to push for what the fans want.

This is the problem. There is no EVERYONE. I wanted Appleton before Berg and I am delighted we have him now. I know this view isn't held by everyone but it is my view. I might be wrong I might be right but it is MY view. I am fed up of reading on Sky Sports I am against this manager and I want that manager when nothing could be further from the truth.

I am not a member of BRAG but it seems their members aren't even consulted when they make statements. I didn't want Mckinley but it was never our place to make that decision. It is ironic that Shebby looks to be on his way out because he listened to BRAG and went and appointed his 2nd/3rd choice in Berg.

Sherwood or Mckinley may not have worked out but I bet Shebby is sat there wishing he had been true to himself rather than trying to curry favour with Glen and Co ending up with a manager who was deemed ok by most but very few peoples first choice.

Maybe we should ask Brag to advise other members of staff we want rid of.

Believe it or not but I do write for a living, yes I know it's a shock. I have offered on more than one occasion to proof read documents for Brag. Offer still stands.

They would be well advised to take you up on your offer.

Typical of your uneducated hubris with regard to how papers/media outlets work

No "editor" receiving a press release from BRAG will adhere to "editor's notes" he will merely pass it to the tray of the relevant reporter & say here's a long rambling release, pick anything newsworthy out

What screams out from that release is BRAG's pledge to end all communication with the board and step up its campaign to frce Venks to sell

No writer worth his salt would fail to home in and highlight that

You seem to be lost on the fact that they are just a bunch of blokes who met in a pub and decided to try and change the way the club they supported was being run.

The way they get criticised by the likes of yourself and others, anyone would think they were a multi million pound organisation with dozens of advisor's and a massive legal team.

Here is some help for BRAG.

Your statement was a form of protest, Dan Clough was perfectly within his rights to write what he did, now he deserves an apology. I hope you didn't pay for your legal advice. It doesn't matter what you think people believe a protest to be, here is the definition:

pro·test (pr-tst, pr-, prtst)

v. pro·test·ed, pro·test·ing, pro·tests

v.tr.

1. To object to, especially in a formal statement. See Synonyms at object.

2. To promise or affirm with earnest solemnity: "He continually protested his profound respect" (Frank Norris).

3. Law To declare (a bill) dishonored or refused.

4. Archaic To proclaim or make known: "unrough youths that even now/Protest their first of manhood" (Shakespeare).

v.intr.

1. To express strong objection.

2. To make an earnest avowal or affirmation.

n. (prtst)

1. A formal declaration of disapproval or objection issued by a concerned person, group, or organization.

2. An individual or collective gesture or display of disapproval.

3. Law

a. A formal statement drawn up by a notary for a creditor declaring that the debtor has refused to accept or honor a bill.

b. A formal declaration made by a taxpayer stating that the tax demanded is illegal or excessive and reserving the right to contest it.

This is the article from the LT last week regarding the BRAG release

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10152972.Blackburn_Rovers_Action_Group_threatens_to_step_up_campaign/?ref=twtrec

The word "campaign" is used instead of protest but surely this means the same thing?

Clearly this underlines the point that meadows was making. By threatening to step up its campaign to get Venky's to sell if they went ahead with the appointment of what they regarded as an inexperienced manager would suggest a form of protest in one way or another. Clearly breaking off communication with the club can be regarded as a form of protest. Protests are not limited to marching up and down with banners. Perhaps BRAG would be better served employing a professional writer rather than the "group's legal team" (to quote glen).

As meadows said, this has gone way beyond a group of guys in a pub discussing the plight of their club. If they were simply that why would they need a legal team? It seems strange that when the national media describe them as a group representing Blackburn Rovers supporters they don't pull them up and point out that they only represent a small section of the fanbase.

I spoke to a number of people at Molineux on Friday night who weren't averse to having Appleton as manager so clearly BRAG didn't represent their views yet nowhere in the statement do they admit that some supporters may well be happy with Appleton as manager. BRAG need to accept that they are not "the voice of the fans" but are simply one group and that their views carry no more weight than other supporters, including those who are perfectly happy with the new managerial appointment.

maybe a group should be set up for those who arent backing BRAG but simply would like their side listened to every time BRAG release something. The group could have its members send in their thoughts and a generalisation of all those thoughts are put out their to counter act the BRAG's releases. It could be called something like Fans who arent a member a the BRAG Group but would like to be heard or something maybe a bit shorter and catchy but I think you know what I am getting at?

It's precisely because the Action Group are up and down acting as if they WERE a multi million dollar lawyered-up set up that people are getting fed up

If they wanted to contact, say, GaryHickson on a Saturday phone in and say we are a bunch of blokes who meet in a pub & we think this....fine, there are outlets for that

But to have somehow assumed the right to speak for an amorphous whole of Rovers fans without the intellectual tools, grasp of basic sentence construction syntax or grammar, adequate vocabulary or first understanding of laws/regulations as applied to printed or other media, is, as. I said, monumental hubris

Agreed.

I've said before that I don't mind the Action Group as a group - a small group of fans meeting up to discuss things like what music should play as the players enter the pitch.

But they should in no way act as formal representation of the entire fan base and should certainly not speak for the fans as a whole.

But they should in no way act as formal representation of the entire fan base and should certainly not speak for the fans as a whole.

When have they said they represent Rovers fans as a whole?

They haven't. You know they haven't. Stop posting tripe.

They speak for the membership of BRAG I'd assumed, is that not correct? where have they said they speak for fans as a whole?

You could also say the same about the fans forum members, who incidentally I have the utmost respect for, but they're not elected and are seen as representing Blackburn Rovers fans as a whole surely? In fact I bet most of the moaners on here hadn't even heard of the fans forum until they started hammering BRAG.

I can't be arsed searching back through everyone's old posts, but it's been stated before (by Glen I think) that they represent the majority of fans.

Something like 8k members.

Either way, the press take their comments as a representation of the entire fanbase and report them as such.

It's irrelevant whether that's the group's intention or not, by putting out poorly worded and ill-advised press releases like the recent one, they are speaking on behalf of the Rovers fans as a collective.

Tripe indeed.

'Supporters are not willing to put up with another experiment,' said Glenn Mullan, chairman of the Blackburn Rovers Action Group.

'Talk of Billy McKinlay and Tim Sherwood, who are both coaches with no managerial experience, has sent supporters into meltdown.'

I can't be arsed searching back through everyone's old posts, but it's been stated before (by Glen I think) that they represent the majority of fans.

Something like 8k members.

Either way, the press take their comments as a representation of the entire fanbase and report them as such.

It's irrelevant whether that's the group's intention or not, by putting out poorly worded and ill-advised press releases like the recent one, they are speaking on behalf of the Rovers fans as a collective.

Tripe indeed.

That isn't BRAGs fault that the press get the wrong end of the stick, they speak for members of BRAG simple as that.

'Supporters are not willing to put up with another experiment,' said Glenn Mullan, chairman of the Blackburn Rovers Action Group.

'Talk of Billy McKinlay and Tim Sherwood, who are both coaches with no managerial experience, has sent supporters into meltdown.'

So what you're saying is if "BRAG supporters or BRAG members" was inserted you'd not have any issues?

Easy fix that one I'd assume :tu:

So what you're saying is if "BRAG supporters or BRAG members" was inserted you'd not have any issues?

Easy fix that one I'd assume :tu:

Nit picking Gav.

Some people dissect every statement purely to find something to bash BRAG or Glen with.

Pathetic really

Archived