BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

It was!

I can assure you it certainly was never issued on our website, as Ricky should confirm when he comes on, because he was asking why it wasn't, the only person who would have put it on the website is myself and i can assure you i did not, if i did there would also be an automatic tweet from the group account publishing it, and there isn't.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I am really confused!!!! So I'm wrong that you are stepping up your campaign as an objection against the owners ie. Authorities due to their appointment of michael appleton. What does being at game have to do with my last point?

And if I am wrong then why the hell did you release a press statement saying just that?

Out of the people I go with and sit amongst, all

the Rovers fans I know at work (I work at one of the areas largest employers) and Rovers fans who I know generally I don't know anybody who is a member of BRAG apart from the ones who post on here.

Nor did I when I visited the area a few months ago. I also did not find anybody who said anything good about them.

We will make many more mistakes , but we do care so much about the clubs future and sometimes emotion , knock backs , failed efforts brings about annoyance more than anything . It's also difficult to post anything anywhere like the good old days without being shot . I just long for the day they lift up the anchor and disappear for good

You wont get any arguments about that.

Yep spot on Mark. I tried to find it on there as I wanted to read the whole thing due to the confusion caused by BBC's take on it. The way they cut a few bits made it read very differently to how Brag had intended.

Any blame them for that. They can't choose what bits people use.

The bigger question is .... Why have we fallen off the action group press distribution list (and if we haven't, I apologise), it just dawned on me I haven't seen one of your press releases land in my mailbox for ages :(

Think it depends on who sends it Glenn, You know me and computers. Every time I send an email I have to go through my address book and keep clicking on god knows how many recipitents. It varies each time as I quickly run through my address book. If Mark sends them he probably does it a different way,

• Backroom

Think it would be good to get one of the committee members onto a podcast again soon both sides willing

Things often get lost in translation in text and false perceptions get drawn

Address on slip , walk in centre

presume Venkys are coming to close down the Walk in centre.I mean why would they afford you space in their stadium when you are intent on getting them nailed by authorities? And now that Shebby is surplus to requirements it all points to BRAG disappearing up its own protesting arse!

Think it depends on who sends it Glenn, You know me and computers. Every time I send an email I have to go through my address book and keep clicking on god knows how many recipitents. It varies each time as I quickly run through my address book. If Mark sends them he probably does it a different way,

You not resigning anymore??

The last press release which went out has caused quite a bit of confusion as media outlets did cherry pick a few lines , which in turn gave the wrong message .

Don't you get though that you are lucky they print anything you give them at all! believe it or not there are far more news worthy and interesting things going on in football and the world in general to fill the space on the page.

Am I missing something. Let me know if I am

Everyone wanted an experienced manager

Everyone was perplexed as to why we appointed a novice with a chequered record and bitched about it. Some though unhappy have been whipped into submission and decided to begrudgingly accept whatever dross Venkys put before them.

Everyone moans about the owners and would love to see the back of them

BRAG release a statement saying they have had enough of the charade at Ewood and would be pressing for Venkys to beggar off

Fans lie on the floor kicking and squeeeeeeming because BRAG responded to all the fan complaints and are going to attempt to push for what the fans want.

I had the pleasure of seeing one of brags famous press releases a few months ago, it was embarassing. Three pages of notes and then five paragraphs of speech.

Can we release a press release demanding dan clough gets an apology after being false accused of making things up?

Anyone in?

• Backroom
Am I missing something. Let me know if I am

Everyone wanted an experienced manager

Everyone was perplexed as to why we appointed a novice with a chequered record and bitched about it. Some though unhappy have been whipped into submission and decided to begrudgingly accept whatever dross Venkys put before them.

Everyone moans about the owners and would love to see the back of them

BRAG release a statement saying they have had enough of the charade at Ewood and would be pressing for Venkys to beggar off

Fans lie on the floor kicking and squeeeeeeming because BRAG responded to all the fan complaints and are going to attempt to push for what the fans want.

The word 'everyone' is where you're going wrong. Only your statement about venkys is correct. The reaction to Appleton as far as I can see has been about even between:

1. FFS, WRONG APPT!!!

2. Decent appt.

3. Meh.

And there's only you that appears to be completely outraged at the appointment tbh.

I had the pleasure of seeing one of brags famous press releases a few months ago, it was embarassing. Three pages of notes and then five paragraphs of speech.

Can we release a press release demanding dan clough gets an apology after being false accused of making things up?

Anyone in?

It'd certainly aid the group's integrity but I'll not hold my breath.

• Backroom
I think you will find the word 'perplexed' covers points 1 ,2 and 3 :D

So some didn't want an experienced manager and some are 100% happy with Appleton? I think everyone covers it, or it should do.

I think it's more a case of who Appleton has followed tbh. If he'd followed Allardyce, then I reckon the last 2yrs wouldn't have happened. Sure, my expectations were reduced and I didn't want Appleton. But nor ddid I NOT want him. I have faith in the guy to at least get us into shape as a team. He may not promote us but that wouldn't bother me like it bothers others.

I just want venkys out and my club back. Appleton is the new manager, fresh slate and all that. What perplexes me is people wanting to keep Bowyer in a role he repeatedly said he didn't want ahead of a manager who hasn't exactly done poorly in his previous jobs. He's done rather well in fact. If not for point deduction, he'd have kept up a sunken ship and at Blackpool he did okay in the aftermath of their greatest manager in their modern history.

I realise it's just a case of diff outlooks, though. I admit I'm rather rose-tinted with most things haha.

Asked at the time you put a full copy on the BRAG website and also on here, and think you should do for future releases too. That way a full discussion of the full release in entirity can be seen, rather than which bit an editir chooses to use.

BRFCAG, you really need a proof-reader. What does this: - Never at one point over the last 8 months has the BRFC Action Group stated it intends to protest. - actually mean? 'Never at one point'?

This has been a pattern throughout all previous statements. There seems to be an obsession with making the statements sound officious, professional even, but they have all ended up in a mixed bag of bad grammar and spelling mistakes.

Anyone in?

Its easy to criticize whist sat in your bedroom with your Christmas pyjamas on, what exactly are you doing to get rid of these bloody idiots destroying out club?

Its easy to criticize whist sat in your bedroom with your Christmas pyjamas on, what exactly are you doing to get rid of these bloody idiots destroying out club?

Its also easy to type whats now just a cliched response :P instead of admitting brag(or at least its lead members) have just lost the plot.

Its also easy to type whats now just a cliched response :P instead of admitting brag(or at least its lead members) have just lost the plot.

...and you're doing what? its not a hard question is it?

Archived